• With 1000’s of Customer Reviews
Person Desktop

Check Your Postcode for local solar power quotes

Review #352 of

Have you bought a solar system since you got your quote? Yes
If yes, which supplier did you go with? Mark Group
What made you choose that supplier over the others who supplied quotes? Best Price
Best Quality System
Best Salesperson
Best Service
Other - see below:
Other... Most knowledgeable sales person and absolutely no pressure put on us at any time. Big benefit of having own installers on staff and therefore, was able to install the system very quickly once we decided to proceed.
What size system did you go for? 5kW
How much did you spend? $10,000 to $15,000
Value for Money: 5*
Quality of System: 5*
Installation: 5*
Customer Service: 5*
Is there anything else you would like to tell us about your experience?
I cannot recommend Mark Group highly enough, and in particular their technical sales advisor Nick Acevski, who contacted us within 48hours of us enquiring through the Solar Quotes website. I had been researching solar power for over 18 months & had come across some very questionable companies, salespeople and quotes. Many just never bothered to call back once I started asking questions, or if they did, were very pushy. One even sent me out of date Dept Primary Industries solar documentation, questionable information on their panels, warranties, inverters, and was working on payback times based on the expired Premium feed in tariff, instead of Transitional tariff which came in from Jan 2012. Also none that I dealt with, apart from Mark Group "needed" to visit our property, insisting that they could provide us with exactly what we wanted!!! just by using google maps. In total contrast, every question I raised with Nick was answered promptly, thoroughly and with a very high degree of expertise. Detailed documentation was readily available on the recommended panels & inverters & every effort was made to keep the price very competitive without compromising on the quality of the system. Even before visiting our property, Nick, was the only one to identify our substantial shed roof as a potential site to install a system, & queried if we had a separate switch board (which fortunately we did). Their structural engineers were also extremely thorough, visiting the property to ensure the details and measurements taken by Nick were accurate, and the roof had adequate strength to ensure validity of our warranties. Also the support team from the Melbourne office, including the installers were very professional & helpful - the system was fully installed in 1/2 a day. The price for the system, (190W CSun panels & Samil inverter), especially considering the quality of the inverters, panels and installation is excellent, and once we agreed to go ahead, the installation occured within a week. My 5KW system has been working now for nearly a month and I have been keeping detailed daily records. I am pleased to advise that it is performing at, or above what the specs stated and we couldn't be happier. Even on a very dull heavily overcast/rainy day it produced 6kw & on a perfect mild sunny day, it produced over 32kw. The system is therefore exceeding our best expectations. Only downside at the moment is trying to get our electricity company and a smart meter sorted out - but that is another story altogether. We recommend Mark Group 110% to anyone wanting to install solar.
Review Posted by Kerry from VIC on 14 March 2012