• With 1000’s of Customer Reviews

Value for Money: 4*
Quality of System: 4*
Installation: 4*
Customer Service: 4*
Has the system performed to your expectations? Most definitely! I would recommend everyone get a system installed, the tarifs have reduced since we had ours installed so the return is not as good but it is still a worthwhile investment.
Inverter Brand: SMA
Inverter Rating: 4*
Inverter Comments:
I was fortunate in that The Solar Shop went into liquidation soon after our installation was completed, I wonder now whether I would have been caught up in this disaster had I not "pestered" them for an install date. Because the name has been sold on the new Solar shop does not recognise any guarantees promised by the former company which is disappointing, so I can only hope that everything in regard to the install is correct. I had a total of three electricians (from different companies) attend my place before they got it right but I think that was as a result of the former Solar Shop going for the cheapest price.
Solar Panel Brand: Kaneka
Solar Panel Rating: 4*
Solar Panel Comments:
We chose to have the array fitted to the western facade because we didn't want panels at the front of the house. This has resulted in a bit of a fall off in generation figures but that was explained to us prior to install and we are quite happy with that.

Norm's Original Review (7 March 2011):

Have you bought a solar system since you got your quote? Yes
If yes, which supplier did you go with? Solar Shop
What made you choose that supplier over the others who supplied quotes? Best Service
Other...
What size system did you go for? 3kW
How much did you spend? $10,000 to $15,000
Value for Money: 4*
Quality of System: 4*
Installation: N/A
Customer Service: 5*
Is there anything else you would like to tell us about your experience?
Let me say from the outset I was very happy with your input and assistance in addition to the information you made available on your web site, it was all very useful. You were let down somewhat by your referrals.
I do not intend to criticise the two contractors you made reference to but suffice to say they leave a lot to be desired. Trades people do not necessarily make good sales personnel and vice versa. I went with the SolarShop, not on price but rather on presentation, openness, assistance and documentation.
Thank you sincerely for your help it was /is much appreciated.