• With 1000’s of Customer Reviews

Value for Money: 4*
Quality of System: 4*
Installation: N/A
Customer Service: 4*
Has the system performed to your expectations? Yes. I was led to believe by the salesman that I could expect an average of 21kWh per day from the system, I have averaged 24.15kWhr per day in the first year.
My system was installed by a sub contractor and there have been a few minor problems that I believe have been resolved following government sponsored inspection - moisture getting into connection box and documentation lapses.
Only disapointment - RECs- I elected to sell my RECs via the government scheme with the expectation of them being sold in 6 - 8 months - they are still unsold and no sign of them selling any time soon, it doesn't look like any have been sold by the scheme since February. I guess I should have taken the $28 each that I was offered as a discount in stead of being greedy and hanging out for the full $40. However, the income of $4000 pa is a good return on the $23000 outlay even without the RECs cash.
Inverter Brand: SMA
Inverter Rating: 4*
Inverter Comments:
Has functioned well, no problems so far.
Solar Panel Brand: Suntech Power
Solar Panel Rating: 4*
Solar Panel Comments:
No problems so far.

Chris's Original Review (18 June 2011):

Have you bought a solar system since you got your quote? Yes
If yes, which supplier did you go with? Solar Shop
What made you choose that supplier over the others who supplied quotes? Other - see below:
Other...
They are an established business in the area (12 years I believe). They have a substantial office/shop, they provide free information sessions WITHOUT any pressure to buy. All the information they gave me was independantly supported some through your daily countdown sessions or on the web. They provided full documentation and a quote on a FORM, not a scrap of paper torn from a memo pad. They were too busy to install before the 1 June deadline for REC bonuses but they told me that right up front. Their price was amongst the best. Some companies, gave the impression that last year they sold insulation, this year solar PV, next year who knows, double glazing??? Some companies gave me a price but suggested that if I was offered a better price they could adjust theirs a bit.
What size system did you go for? 6kW
How much did you spend? More than $20,000
Value for Money: 4*
Quality of System: 4*
Installation: N/A
Customer Service: 4*
Is there anything else you would like to tell us about your experience? I THINK that I got a good value system but it won't be installed until 14 July and not grid connected untill ????? So time will tell, if you send me a survey in a month or three I'll be in a better position to answer.