• With 1000’s of Customer Reviews

Value for Money: 4*
Quality of System: 5*
Installation: 4*
Customer Service: 4*
Has the system performed to your expectations? Even better,...

I generated something like 6 MWhr of solar energy in the first 12 months of operations, a significant chunk of that being fed into the grid. It has more than offset my electricity consumption.
Inverter Brand: SMA
Inverter Rating: 5*
Inverter Comments:
It's never missed a beat, the bluetooth connection to download / monitor the daily stats is a clever idea, and I've used it to get a good idea how well my system performs throughout seasonal variations.
Solar Panel Brand: Suntech
Solar Panel Rating: 5*
Solar Panel Comments:

David's Original Review (16 March 2011):

Have you bought a solar system since you got your quote? Yes
If yes, which supplier did you go with? Solargain
What made you choose that supplier over the others who supplied quotes? Best Service
Other...
What size system did you go for? 3kW
How much did you spend? $6000 to $10000
Value for Money: 4*
Quality of System: 5*
Installation: 4*
Customer Service: 4*
Is there anything else you would like to tell us about your experience?
The installers did their work professionally, managing to overcome a difficulty that was not spotted when the quotation / roof-exam was conducted. Even after providing a formal written quote, there was no pressure on me to commit to buying, nor was there a real "expiry" date on the quote. When I rang back later to confirm that I wanted to go ahead, there was STILL no pressure, I could've cancelled up to a couple of days before the installation date, with no penalty to myself.

From acceptance of quote, to installation, was a period of approximately six weeks, with no "slips" in component availability or any other holdups. I was given the installation date within a matter of days of accepting the quote, allowing me to plan for the installation well in advance.

From the experiences of others, this response time, from acceptance of quote, to advice of installation date, to installation itself, ranges from "competitive" to "excellent" by comparison with other vendors. My power meter was changed out while I was waiting, so I was immediately ready to take advantage of "spinning the meter backwards". Their explanation of RECs, feed-in, and buy-back was spot on, covered all the facts objectively. My SMA Sunnyboy came free with Bluetooth connectivity, which I confirmed worked over 10m away from the box, to my laptop computer, allowing me to monitor every Wh the system produces.

Would happily recommend SolarGain to anyone considering any kind of solar system from 1kW to "the limit" and beyond.