ECG Electrical Reviews

About ECG Electrical , Solar Installers

ECG Electrical
ECG Electrical is a Solar Power Installation company based in Canberra and serves ACT. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

ECG Electrical Solar Reviews

Callum came up with a great solution for connecting the panels on the house and the separate garage. He came out to site and it helped that he is a sparky. The team did a very professional job. All cabling was out of sight so a very neat looking system. Callum also organised the removal of my gas hot water and installation of a Sanden heat pump which is working beautifully on a timer. I did have to set up the timer myself but not too hard. The system produced over 40 kWh the other day and I still have to get removed some trees that are shading a bit (should be done soon).
Panels were upgraded to Trina Duomax by the supplier and they look great and have a 30 year warranty on performance.
Selected ECG based on initial discussions and the price was slightly better than another supplier, although the quote was slowest of the three provided.

Unfortunately the rails were installed too low on the roof, they came back another day to attempt to slide the panels up but were still too low on the roof based on the installation instructions provided in the manual provided by ECG. They had to come back and move the rails up a tile row. This of course took numerous visits and time. During this process a lot of tiles were broken in the install, if the tiles were ground as per the instructions they provide for the brackets it would have minimised this, however I was advised if they sit well they don't need to grind them, that's ok, but don't stand on the raised tiles. All my spare tiles were used, and still some significantly damaged remained but was advised they would arrange for replacements. This was done, but still not enough tiles were arranged and I was advised that no more tiles would be supplied until the Invoice was paid.

At this point the majority of the work was complete so we paid the invoice the day we received the email requesting payment, this was also the same day the last service (Foxtel) they disconnected was reconnected. I advised them that it was paid and asked when the final tiles would be provided. At this time ECG Electrical did not respond to emails or return calls for a period of just under 3 weeks. Eventually my call was returned and they advised they weren't happy that the invoice wasn't paid on the original due date and that in fact they should not be liable for the tiles.

Fine if the install was done as per design and correct to begin with, and the tiles weren't broken then we would have had no issues, however this was rather upsetting. Eventually the tiles were provided that afternoon, note the original invoice due date was generated after the first install attempt, not the subsequent visits to rectify the work.

A couple of small things, the inverter (Fronious), was left in night mode so would turn off at night which when you have a smart meter installed is not helpful, also had to update it to the latest firmware myself, which was ok as I am familiar with doing such things, but it should be updated at initial install to provide full benefit to customer.

Again it was disappointing that the interaction ended as it did, if initial install was done correctly a lot of angst would have been avoided.
I would like to update you regarding our new Solar system, a very reliable & professional company you have recommended.
We contracted ECG Electrical (Canberra) to install a 6.6kW system with a 5kW Inverter including Hot Water Exchange unit.
The large work team turned up first thing in the morning and worked constantly until 6pm. System working perfectly on completion.
We would have no hesitation in recommending this company to other prospective customers, from our first meeting until completion the team displayed a polite, profession approach.
All rubbish was removed from site. This company's managers (Callum & Eaton) will only progress & grow in customer base.
5 Stars Recommendation from John & Roz (Canberra ACT)
Prompt quote, patient and explained things well when answering my questions.
Installation was quick but not right the first time due to improper rail placement, but it was quickly remedied.
Handover was good, with good explanations of how the system works.
I recommend looking at getting a fronius inverter.
Whilst I was happy with the company, product and installation I thought that the technical information provided on the inverter and the relationship with the power board was sparse. I am having difficulty connecting to wifi connection for the zeversolar site and have asked ECG for assistance but to date this has not been forthcoming. I believe that this is part of the after sale installation service. Show additional information