ECG Electrical Reviews

About ECG Electrical , Solar Installers

ECG Electrical
ECG Electrical is a Solar Power Installation company based in Canberra and serves ACT. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

ECG Electrical Solar Reviews

Callum provided an excellent service. At the quote we discussed in detail the technical aspects and the performance tradeoffs available.
The installation was smooth and efficient.
There was a small problem with the wireless module in the inverter and the guys at ECG put in max effort in getting the problem diagnosed and fixed. This included understanding what was causing the issue and making sure that it would not further affect the invertor operation. After the faulty part was swapped out they finished setting it up and taught me how to monitor the solar installation.
Can not recommend ECG any higher. Great bunch of guys with great service.
I really appreciate the swift turnaround and patient Q&A discussions provided by Callum and his team. I did a bit of research beforehand (so don't think bothered many questions), but it was still surprising to see ECG completed installation within one week after our first contact, and it was around Christmas. They also ordered the panels that I was particularly after and installed the inverter under roof as I asked. Paperwork was promptly done as well so that I could receive the rebate before it got reduced in the new year. Anyway the whole process was nice and smooth and without any worry by myself. Since installation the system seems to have been working properly as the Fronius panel constantly show a significant output figure.

The first bill that just came wasn't as lower as we had expected than before installation, but considering it was summer time we are still happy, and we actually "wasted" lots of electricity that fed back to grid at 8c.

I hope to see the team in six months for a service as they promised just to ensure everything works fine. Other than that, I have no problem recommending ECG to anyone who's in need of solar system with good customer experience.
The guys from ECG turned up for my quote when they said they would and had all the answers to my questions. They really know their stuff and helped me get the best system for my needs. The install was complete by lunchtime and I am extremely happy with the result! Craig has been extremely helpful changing my off peak hot water to now run on a timer during daylight hours for further savings. Can not recommend highly enough! Show additional information
The Team at ECG Electrical are great! 10/10, these guys are real professionals, experts in the industry.

We built a new house last year and advice from a different solar installer said the most suitable system for us was a 3kW system, he promised our power bills would be zero or very close to it. 12 months after we moved in to the new house the returns on the solar were nothing like he had promised, and he was not willing to come back to help us figure out the problem.

ECG Electrical to the rescue, Callum came to my house and explained that half our panels were getting shaded during the early afternoon until sunset, which substantially reduces their output. Callum looked at my power bills and at the existing installation, his solution was to move the panels further up the roof so that they wouldn't be shaded and install an additional 7kW of panels on our roof with a new Fronius inverter and a Fronius smart meter, now our electricity bill through summer has come in with a credit, in the last 3 months the new system has already saved us $800 on our power bill and we can get detailed reports on our energy usage and solar production.

The installation team was quick and efficient, really professional, and the after-sales service was excellent. Really happy with the guys at ECG Electrical and highly recommend them to anyone looking for a solar system that actually fits your needs rather than the cookie-cutter approach of most solar installers. Be sure you are comparing apples with apples.
I don't normally worry too much about online reviews, but ECG Electrical have been outstanding at every point.

Callum and Eamon came around to my house after hours to sit down and discuss what type of system I was after, explained the differences in components and configurations, and then got me to think about what system would actually suit and be worthwhile; not just what I wanted. I requested a number of different quotes for a variety of systems, all of which were emailed through that evening. At one point I emailed them on a Sunday evening a request for an additional quote after reading about Q Peak Duo panels, fully expecting a reply the next day or during the week. To my surprise I received a quote about an hour later. There was no pressure to buy anything, just answers to whatever questions I asked and then allowed the time to make my mind up. It is apparent that customer service and rapid follow up appears to be a huge part of ECG Electrical's business.

Once I had paid the initial deposit, the lead time for install and setup was pretty much exactly as ECG Electrical had advised; 2 weeks. ECG Electrical took care of all the relevant paperwork and arranged all necessary inspections.

The system (including the inverter) was installed in an extremely neat and professional manner with all the waste being removed and the area tidied, a credit to Craig and the boys. Once installed Callum and Eamon again took the time to come around, check the install and walk me through the use of the inverter and monitoring software.

Now, I have a shiny new 6.5kw Q Peak Duo 5 system with Fronius inverter at what I consider to be, a very good price and would recommend ECG Electrical to anybody looking to install a PV system. Like I said at the beginning; outstanding.
Callum and ECG were fantastic and things were done on time and to expected quality.
Callum has been exceptional with his customer service.
Can't say the same about Actew AGL they took a long time to install the smart meter for the feed-in tariff.
We don't know yet if we will get the money on the feed in tariff unfortunately.
The solar panels and inverter (we got the fronius a little noisy) seem really great and work well so far.
We contacted 7 companies for quotes after doing some research. Four gave quotes over the phone and two of these never put the quote in writing. Three came to see our home and one of these never submitted a written quote.
We decided to go with ECG because Callum turned up, on time, knew his business inside out, inspected our home fully, gave us a VERY good quote on top quality equipment and from the time of acceptance to complete installation only took 7 working days (as opposed to some companies saying 7 weeks).
All the guys that attended our home were terrific, knew their business, kept us informed and they completed the installation of the 22 panels and inverter in half a day.
I can not fault this company for professionalism, knowledge and promptness and would recommend them to anybody.

Now, if they only renovated pergolas I'd get them to do that as well:-)
Callum was very easy to deal with, reliable and a good communicator. The speed of service was impressive - less than a week from first contact to full installation. Show additional information
I couldn't be happier with the efficiency, professionalism and service from the team at ECG Electrical. I accepted a quote on Thursday and my solar installation was complete by the following Tuesday. The electricians were extremely polite coming through my house and carried out the whole job efficiently and without leaving any mess or rubbish. Callum, Eamon and Craig were swift to reply to any of my questions and when my inverter was resetting because of high voltage, Eamon was aware of the situation immediately and informed me of the situation. He came back to my house the next day to resolve the problem and it's been running smoothly since. I would highly recommend ECG Electrical to anyone wanting solar. Show additional information
I can honestly say that I connected with callum when he come over to quote. While all the companies were first rate, callum was actually a trady and did the work.
The install was first rate and I saw the value when the wifi for the inverter had a problem and he personally took over and made sure the problem was fixed.
Being trade trained in the army (albeit last century) I can personally recommend Callum and his crew at ECG. These people will give you a great price that is only dwarfed by their service and dedication to deliver a great result.
ECG electrical didn't send the normal type of sales person that other companies did - they sent someone who actually overseas the installation of the solar systems so he knew what he was talking about - the most knowledgable by far. The pricing was the best for the quality of the components. The guys actually went above and beyond and assisted me to take the pool heating off the roof as the people who were supposed to do it never did. The team were great - they walked me through it all and generally made the whole process easy to understand and it all went really smoothly. Highly recommended. Show additional information
Great experience with ECG. Team was prompt and efficient. They understood my requirements including removal of redundant meter. They explained the process clearly and were informative throughout. I highly recommend the team at ECG. Show additional information
Callum came up with a great solution for connecting the panels on the house and the separate garage. He came out to site and it helped that he is a sparky. The team did a very professional job. All cabling was out of sight so a very neat looking system. Callum also organised the removal of my gas hot water and installation of a Sanden heat pump which is working beautifully on a timer. I did have to set up the timer myself but not too hard. The system produced over 40 kWh the other day and I still have to get removed some trees that are shading a bit (should be done soon).
Panels were upgraded to Trina Duomax by the supplier and they look great and have a 30 year warranty on performance.
Selected ECG based on initial discussions and the price was slightly better than another supplier, although the quote was slowest of the three provided.

Unfortunately the rails were installed too low on the roof, they came back another day to attempt to slide the panels up but were still too low on the roof based on the installation instructions provided in the manual provided by ECG. They had to come back and move the rails up a tile row. This of course took numerous visits and time. During this process a lot of tiles were broken in the install, if the tiles were ground as per the instructions they provide for the brackets it would have minimised this, however I was advised if they sit well they don't need to grind them, that's ok, but don't stand on the raised tiles. All my spare tiles were used, and still some significantly damaged remained but was advised they would arrange for replacements. This was done, but still not enough tiles were arranged and I was advised that no more tiles would be supplied until the Invoice was paid.

At this point the majority of the work was complete so we paid the invoice the day we received the email requesting payment, this was also the same day the last service (Foxtel) they disconnected was reconnected. I advised them that it was paid and asked when the final tiles would be provided. At this time ECG Electrical did not respond to emails or return calls for a period of just under 3 weeks. Eventually my call was returned and they advised they weren't happy that the invoice wasn't paid on the original due date and that in fact they should not be liable for the tiles.

Fine if the install was done as per design and correct to begin with, and the tiles weren't broken then we would have had no issues, however this was rather upsetting. Eventually the tiles were provided that afternoon, note the original invoice due date was generated after the first install attempt, not the subsequent visits to rectify the work.

A couple of small things, the inverter (Fronious), was left in night mode so would turn off at night which when you have a smart meter installed is not helpful, also had to update it to the latest firmware myself, which was ok as I am familiar with doing such things, but it should be updated at initial install to provide full benefit to customer.

Again it was disappointing that the interaction ended as it did, if initial install was done correctly a lot of angst would have been avoided.
I would like to update you regarding our new Solar system, a very reliable & professional company you have recommended.
We contracted ECG Electrical (Canberra) to install a 6.6kW system with a 5kW Inverter including Hot Water Exchange unit.
The large work team turned up first thing in the morning and worked constantly until 6pm. System working perfectly on completion.
We would have no hesitation in recommending this company to other prospective customers, from our first meeting until completion the team displayed a polite, profession approach.
All rubbish was removed from site. This company's managers (Callum & Eaton) will only progress & grow in customer base.
5 Stars Recommendation from John & Roz (Canberra ACT)
Prompt quote, patient and explained things well when answering my questions.
Installation was quick but not right the first time due to improper rail placement, but it was quickly remedied.
Handover was good, with good explanations of how the system works.
I recommend looking at getting a fronius inverter.
Whilst I was happy with the company, product and installation I thought that the technical information provided on the inverter and the relationship with the power board was sparse. I am having difficulty connecting to wifi connection for the zeversolar site and have asked ECG for assistance but to date this has not been forthcoming. I believe that this is part of the after sale installation service. Show additional information