First Choice Solar

First Choice Solar Reviews

First Choice Solar is a Queensland-based supplier of solar power products. It provides clean energy solutions to commercial and residential properties all over Australia and is owned and operated by a Master Electrician with over 25 years' experience.

So far, more than 2,000 solar panel installations have been completed by the team on a range of properties, each being designed in line with people's different requirements.

Customers are urged to consider making the most of the various rebates and other incentives available from state and federal government to help lower the cost of switching to solar power.

Reviewers report paying: $4,000 - $5,800 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

First Choice Solar Reviews (42)

4.4/5

Best price, best service

Received 3 quotes and all were competitive. There was some concern about the age of the switch board and weather it contained asbestos. Matt. from First Choice Solar offered to come out and inspect the board and confirmed it did not contain asbestos and was good to go. He was able to answer all our questions, was very polite and not at all pushy. His workers tuned up on time on the day the installation was due and did a great job.

Easy to organise the purchhase and installation of the solar system for the replacement of an old 13 year old small system

Everything was as I expected, with the process, well organised and very punctual

Excellent company to deal with.

The quotation process gave us a clear understanding of what was going to be provided and I had confidence with the companies experience and knowledge of solar installations from discussions with the sales rep.
Installation was very organised and professional, on time, with no damage or mess to the property and all was left clean and tidy.
We had a seamless transition to the solar operation with the energy company all completed for us.
Very professional company to deal with from the quotation process through to the installation.

Professional

Matthew handled the sales process and was informative and answered all questions, and gave good suggestions and his was the only company out of seven quotes that gave a full break down of costs .

The installation team ,led by Joshua, was equal to the quote process ,very professional on time and friendly and no problems with answering questions.

After the installation they explained the operating process ,and helped in explaining the grid connection.

This is now in process with our billing agent having the EWR number and we are waiting for the meter installation company to contact us when the meter will be installed and we can have a plan in place.

So thanks for your help again frank

Original Review on 09-07-2020:

Very happy with whole experience from first choice

Wasn't pushy trying to upsell unlike others , explained everything in simple terms for us clueless folk, friendly team from the quote right through to installers.
Very experienced and thorough team .
They took care of everything .
We were very happy with them.

8 months later we asked Jen: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Very happy. Great generation.

Very good experience!

Great initial contact from First Choice Solar. Mathew Explained all options very well. Didn’t try to push me into anything. Was upfront and honest and more than happy to answer any and all questions. The installation was fantastic. I’m Very happy with the entire process.

A problem-solver, not just a seller

Matthew was knowledgeable of the process required and offered solutions to issues I presented, not just upselling. This is what made the difference in choosing FirstChoice. They gave the best value for money. There were some delays (which were more related to Energex rather than FirstChoice).

It was also great to meet Peter, Matthew’s dad who was also a very experienced electrician and gave further advice on how to best manage multiple tenancies.

Highly recommended!

Professional

Matt provided us with all the information we needed without overwhelming us. Everything went as planned & we are very happy. Thank you to the whole team at every step.

Smooth and easy install

Very happy with First choice solar. Quick and easy process

First Choice Always

They were the first quote and come to my house. They advised me on all systems then they recommended best value for money which we ended up going with. I felt I wasn't just buying a solar panel system but an overall service including after hours assistance when needed. It took half a day for installation and because we weren't home they called us that evening to walk us through everything. They advised on what I need to do with my current power supplier to update our meter box and also shared which companies were offering the best Feed in Tariff. So far so good with First Choice Solar. A+

Fantastic friendly service

Great customer service, very fast and always happy to answer any question.

Original Review on 28-03-2020:

Great installation

Gave us a quote straight away there was no effort for advice after the quote was given. Installation was excellent and tidy and were on time and no mess afterwards. All information regarding the solar was explained and shown how to use it and all paperwork/certificates were sent through email. They gave me advice about grid conection and if i had any problems they woild help.Thank you i am very happy with their service. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Julianne: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Our system is fantastic we haven't paid a bill since having it installed in March 20 and are in credit. We did make a few adjustments by getting rid if extra fridge and freezer.

First Choice Solar installed the system, they did a good job and I was happy with the install.

First Choice Solar did a good job and were happy to give us instructions on it’s use. They were a pleasant company to deal with.

Very satisfied so far

Their quote was comprehensively explained.
Matt came up with the best solution for my roof configuration.
Installation was quick and efficient and the team left the premises neat and tidy.
They carried out the grid connection and set-up the energy meter app.

Bobbie in the office very efficient. Installers great guys. Overall, a good experience.

Everything A1. Professional. Polite. Love the App to monitor usage etc

Great company and would use again

First Choice Solar was very professional and we had a great experience with them. They may not be the cheapest however their after sales service was great. They have their own inhouse installation team so you are not just getting sub contractors installing your solar. We would definitely use them again.

Great

Really they were the only ones who ticked all the boxes on your comparison chart, Mathew Mckinley came to do the quote personally young electrician partner in company, straight forward, spoke my language, in a semi retired electrical contractor for 45 years, helpful office staff, installers did a great job and weren't under the pump to race off to another job, arrived on time cleaned up after themselves, i have recommended solar quotes and first choice and recently visited a long time customer/friend to find that she had first choice install here system some years ago and has nothing but praise for them. Thank you John.

First Choice was the right choice

Matt came out and checked the site. Was a wealth of knowledge and honest. He provided me a professional proposal the same day. His follow up was polite and answered any questions I had.
All paperwork and lodging was done by the team. Longest part was waiting for Energex to do their part.

First Choice Solar

Very happy with the sales and quote. Installation was delayed by weather but otherwise satisfactory. I was concerned that several items fell off the roof during installation. Otherwise customer seevice was good. I organised the grid connection myself on 26 March. It was completed on 15 May.

A great way to buy solar!

First Choice Solar on the Gold Coast provided very efficient and reliable service.

Right choice

The sales/quoting process was well put together and presented.
Installation was as outline, installers were prompt and polite and efficient
As far as we know the installers organised the grid - we didn’t have to do anything. We haven’t yet received our first bill so am unable to confirm what the benefits will be.

Very helpful team

The solar team was quite helpful and very. Knowledgeable. They showed up on time and finish the work properly

Great personal service

Sales and quoting easy and quick; installation punctual and quick; was supportive when i comoleted the form for connection to the grid

Great salesperson, great communication, seamless installation

The sales representative was professional, informed, well presented, well prepared. Could not fault them.
The installation was seamless. Company does not use contractors, they were on time, well presented, professional, tidied up after themselves, very meticulous and thorough
Currently not connected to the grid, that is in the pipeline, to date they have done what they need to do to get us on the grid, we are just waiting for our provider to come out.

Best all round service for a very good price.

Sales/quoting process easy, informative, inclusive and level. Installation completed in 6 hours by a team of 4, all team members polite, punctual and engaging. Grid connection process in final days, after installation service has been good.

Great all-round service

From first initial meeting with salesman through to installer's & administration all people involved were very professional & knowledgable. Very happy with quality of inverter& panels
They gave us more panels, a better quality inverter and a cheaper overall price.
Matthew McKinley.
This person really knows his stuff.
He also is honest and informative.
I know what I am paying for.
I know what I can have.
What I need and don't need.
His pricing is not the best, but I know that I will get the best service and the quality control guarantees.
Bit slow on the 'after sales' support.
After some significant research over several weeks, First Choice Solar was my first and last choice. They are always pleasant to deal with. Their professionalism, attention to detail and customer care are second to none. I have been in business for many years, and their standards of excellence are exemplary. Well done. Lee.
Yes we produce about 3,000 kWh max
And they sold us a 6kva system
We will ever use it
3 kv system would have been adequate and saved us about $3,000
The supplier I used is a owner/operator who works for himself. Very experienced and skilled. Did a fantastic job, provided all information requested and more.
Yes. I thought Peter Bell from Go Solar was excellent. Prompt. Efficient. Gave good advice (it was his advice to go with the 5 kW Sunnyboy and extra 1kW in panels to maximise the excess production on the 44c Feed in Tarriff). Recommended quality gear SMA & Rec. Followed up but wasn't pushy. I've already recommended him to a friend. Thanks heaps for your great website.
I found Qelec trading as First Choice via the Green Connect Brokerage advertising on eBay. The GC sales representative was friendly. We communicated by email and occasionally by phone (not easy to get by phone). I found the lack of detailed information a bit frustrating but the price was amazing. $6990 for a 5KW system advertised. Initially I expected the advertised BYD panels. As I went to buy I was told they were out of stock for BYD and was I could have 22 Lightway 235 Watt panels. The day of the install I got a message from the First Choice installer that 22 panels wouldn't fit on my roof. I was forgiving because all the sales folk I spoke to (about 6 counting Solar Quotes) said 22 panels for 5 KW would be fine. I contacted the GC sales rep and asked for a new quote. I was told I could have 18 Lightway 230 Watt panels. I said yes to this and was told they were out of Lightway stock and we were back to BYD but these were only 215 watt panels. I asked if they had an up market option and was offered Trina 250 watt Panels which I accepted. The install was done and I got my 18 Trina panels and a 4.4KW Samil inverter for $7277. I would have been happier if I had been offered the 5KW Samil and we could have easily have fitted 2 more panels for the 5 KW system I was originally after. Still at the end of the day I have a system which in winter with a tree shading the morning sun gives me around 17KW per day. In my direct dealings with First Choice the service was great. Going via the Green Connect brokerage it was a little painful.
I shopped around. Received 4 face to face quotes and 3 over the phone or internet. The plan is make sure you understand what the salespeople are talking about so you know what they are talking about and whether there system is value. E.g. one group wanted to sell us a 3kw system only based on a rebate of 74cents but the system was overpriced. One wanted to give us a discount for allowing advertising in our front yard. Once again the system was overpriced. Whatever you do ask Finn Peacock about the quality of either the panels or inverter. He was great. In regards to First Solar they were good. Explained that you need to discount what you generate depending on where the panels are located and allow further discount because the invertter and panels need power to work. Easy to contact and were able to work with us for installation date.
I spent months researching the Industry, ensuring all my questions and queries were fully accounted for. I settled on a Tindo Karra system. Then the problems began. Not registered with the body. Gone into receivership, unable to supply the required system due to lack of panels and price. Most of these have now been resolved. However, my quoted price of some $17000 against $10000 was the defining factor.
I was not here during the installation, but my wife said they were professional, corteous and hard working.
The end result is 13 panels on the North and 10 on the South West. As a guideline, after 27 days (The last 14 days have been totally overcast and raining) we have produced over 485Kwh. Now the sun is shining, I expect it to return to full on power. I expect our last Ergon bill will be our last Ergon bill.
Top blokes at first choice always keeping you informed when and time, great service and received up grade at no extra cost. THANKS A LOT
Good information and no spin.