OBrien Electrical Echuca Moama

OBrien Electrical Echuca Moama Reviews

OBrien Electrical Echuca Moama is a Solar Power Installation company based in Moama and serves NSW. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $4,100 - $5,350 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

OBrien Electrical Echuca Moama Reviews (2)

4.0/5

4.0/5

Very pleased with workmanship

Sales/quoting experience was very good, but I had made it easy for them because I had all docs ready, knew what I wanted, and was ready to make a decision.

Installation was a bit of a mixed bag. Compounded by Covid happening just as they were to start. The techs involved had a bit of a problem keeping to deadlines/appointments, but to be honest, the whole world was confused about what they could or should do/not do.

I cannot overstate the care that they took to do a quality install, with wires under the metal roof rather than in exposed poly pipes. similarly, the feeds to the inverter and meter are inside the double brick walls, with no external 'plumbing' involved. More work involved, but no request for additional payment! They also made sure that an awning was installed to shade the Fronius inverter.

Customer service was an issue, but later on in the process it was clear that my elec retailer was the problem, not the installer. Because of the regulatory process being hidden behind so many layers, this was not apparent early.

It took approx 3 months for the panels to be turned on, and O'Briens Rowville tried to diplomatically steer me thru this process with the retailer. Eventually we got there, and I will not name the retailer, but their idea of customer service is closer to a cows experience of being serviced by a bull. It is my impression that they were using delaying tactics whenever they could.

3 months on from everything being turned on, I am impressed by the savings. Winter in Melbourne is probably not the time to analyse solar performance, but for Winter, we are looking at a 35% savings on electricity! Bring on Summer.

In conclusion, I would recommend O'Briens Rowville. Certainly polite. Workmanship very good. Diplomacy very good.