Progress Electrical and Solar Pty Ltd

Progress Electrical and Solar Pty Ltd Reviews

Progress Electrical & Solar are your trusted professional solar panel suppliers and installers.

With over 30 years combined experience in the electrical industry we have the knowledge and know how to deliver the best solution for your situation and budget for all residential and commercial premises.

Our products offer industry leading warranties with brand you can count on, we can handle all types of solar designs from small residential installs to 100kW complex commercial projects.

We have offices in both Sydney & Newcastle servicing the wider Sydney region, Newcastle, Hunter Valley, Lake Macquarie, Port Stephens,  Foster, Taree, Wauchope & Port Macquarie areas.

Why Choose Progress:
  • No Sub Contractors
  • Quality components
  • Industry experience
  • Reliable & Trustworthy
  • Exceptional aftersales service

Reviewers report paying: $5,790 - $7,800 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Progress Electrical and Solar Pty Ltd Reviews (28)

Every step along the way, Incredible

From the very start the team were professional, friendly and reliable.

Sales:
Rob contacted me and led me through all of the questions that I had about the design, size, equipment choice and about a million other questions that I had prior to pulling the trigger. The price was very competitive while offering a very high quality system that fitted my needs now and into the future.

Install:
The install team, led by Mitch were on time, efficient and really clever to make some decisions relating to the install that made it that little bit tidier or more efficient including some really innovative wiring solutions achangings well as modifying the panel layout slightly so that some shading could be avoided while also allowing for a potential future system size upgrade. They communicated clearly with me along the way and left a clean worksite.

After sales service:
There were some issues with the consumption monitor that were diagnosed quickly and attended the site to reaolve the issues. The team were approachable and didn't treat me like an idiot with all of my questions and concerns. Happy to report the system is now functioning brilliantly!

Everything ran smoothly

Everything ran smoothly from the quote till after installation. Good communication and arranged metering with energy supplier.

Original Review on 10-12-2020:

Professional team from Salesman to Installers and feedback from company. Highly recommend Progress Electrical

Explained what they would submit application the following day.
I have been contacted by supplier and all is set up.

8 months later we asked Ted: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes my electricity bill is minimal.
I can use solar during day to washing dishwasher and run pool filter and air-conditioning

Great business

I found the Progress Electrical team really easy to work with. Everyone was helpful and answered any questions I had about the panels, price and installation. The installation team was punctual and cleaned up everything when finished. Grid connection process was organised the next business day and everything seems to be on track.

Non pushy, well explained and excellent quality.

Rob was an honest and non pushy salesman A+. We went for the REC Alpha series as their quality, warranty and performance over time seemed to be towards the top end of the solar panel industry without top end prices. The installation process once started by the electricians was very quick and easy. They advised me of the steps required post installation (app setup and whatnot) and post cares/maintenence of the solar panels. Excellent, clear and quality process from start to finish.

Original Review on 02-11-2020:

My Installation

From the time first I met with Rob from Progress to today when Mitch and his team installed the system I congratulate the company on their great customer service, attention to detail, prompt response to any questions and the quality workmanship of the installation, I have no hesitation in recommending the company to any potential customer in the Hunter region considering solar panels. Original ratings

8 months later we asked David: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Very happy overall with my decision to go solar.

Honest company with a fair price

2 out of the 3 quoters attended the site. These guys put up with me for several days while i changed panel layout, system size and panel quality to suit my needs and budget. I decided on a 10 kw system, 17 panels facing North and 10 facing West. The total install only took a day.
At the end of the day I was very happy with the service that i received and i would recommend them to anyone.

Quality Solution & Components

Sales process was great, reviewed needs, install process, location and choice of quality of components. Flexible with design to meet my needs, reviewed pricing accordingly. Installers professional, safety focused and install neat.

Very good company

Progress Electrical and Solar were one of three recommended by SolarQuotes. All three visited our home.

PROBLEMS WITH SITE:
I have a shading problem during winter so the right combination of equipment was very important.

THE COMPANY:
Salesman: It was nice to have a salesman who listened to my objectives and then talked through each point with patient detail when I did not understand something. He did not 'push' anything - just pointed out the alternatives. I wanted REC panels and we discussed my choice.

After a lengthy meeting, my desired system was refined until I was happy 'everything fitted'.

INSTALLATION:
The Team installing the system were polite, efficient and careful. Explanations were happily given.

I am very happy with what I have. The electrical installers even placed the box at a height I can reach (I am in a wheelchair) without having to be asked. They did discuss it with me which was good.

The whole installation was done in a day. I'm told that's pretty normal. It was very carefully cleaned up and nothing has been found - particularly that could puncture a wheelchair tyre. Thanks!

All paperwork was organised by the company. I have done nothing. Very smooth.

RECOMMENDATION:
I highly recommend Progress Electrical and Solar.

Stress Free Experience

Rob was a very pleasant sales person, and explained the whole package adequately, and supplied answers to all my questions. Two options were provided for me to review. Detailed sheets were provided on all the components. Rob was always available by phone to give me updates on installation time frames.

Installation was completed today, very efficiently. Andrew and his team were punctual, and completed the installation with no fuss, and inside the quoted time frame. The team stayed until all panels were operating properly, and proved that power was being generated.

I've received an email from Progress Electrical with the grid connection application, and need to rely on the energy supplier to complete that process, trusting they will be as efficient as Progress Electrical.

Original Review on 05-08-2020:

Good Service, prompt attention, polite and courteous

Sales manager arrived at the appointed time; answered my questions without waffling; gave details of the better systems.
No pressure to choose!

Installation went very well. Installers arrived on time and were unobtrusive during installation.
My electricity provider has to install a new meter - so not yet connected to the grid. There was some confusion there, because I was advised to speak to the provider before installation, whereas the installer had not then provided the certification papers to arrange the new meter.

8 months later we asked Darrell: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

See comments above

Excellent customer service

Salesperson fairly junior but quickly recognised limitations and arranged for senior designer/installer to come out and look at the site and answer questions. Only designer who modified standard installation to take into account possible winter shade.Company had a special deal on top quality panels for less than middle grade panels from other installers so were able to give the lowest quote.
Installers turned up with two extra staff so that installation could be done in one rather than two days (installation done on one of the few fine days in the wet weather in late March). Monitored system for next few days and sent someone to adjust inverter to cope with high voltages on network. Will continue to monitor system to make sure design changes to cope with winter shade are effective. If not, offered to move panels as required at no cost to us.
Multiple calls and checks to make sure we were happy with installation process and installation itself.
Installer did all the work to organised the meter change necessary for grid connection.
Could not be happier with the process and have already recommended them to friends and family.

Exceptionally happy! Would happily recommend to all

I had a fantastic experience with the whole team. All appointments were kept and on time. The sales person listened to my goals and gave advice around the best fit. He provided me with factual evidence based information, which has proved to be spot on. The installation team came and did the install with a minimum of fuss. All they guys were very polite and courteous. I couldn't be happier with our system. I highly recommend to anyone looking at Progress Electrical.

Great service from start to finish

Couldn't fault any of the process and the customer service was outstanding

Happy with everything progress offered

Progress Electrical were excellent from the start. I was very disappointed with the other 2 companies, one just rung up and tried to sell me the world, whilst the other didn't make contact directly with me at all. That just emailed a quote, so it made the decision pretty easy as to who to go with.
Like I said I can't fault Progress electrical, they were here when they said they would be to quote, they turned up on the day date and time specified and were very helpful with the after sales stuff.

Fantastic service

From start to finish Rob, Mitch and the whole team made our experience hassle free and so easy to deal with, highly recommend this company.
Price was fantastic, and having a company director be apart of the install was fantastic.

Original Review on 13-07-2020:

Local expertise

Professional from start to finish. The team from Progress Electrical and Solar delivered on price, quality and installation keeping us informed all the way through the process Original ratings

8 months later we asked Steve: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has delivered over and above what was promised. Could not be happier with the advice and the decision

Very seamless and straight forward process start to finish

Of the 3 quotes Progress Electrical were the only ones to visit the property during the quote process. Dan was a pleasant and engaged young man not pushy and spent the time to include a run thru the fone app for the system.
It was not the lowest quote but all 3 were in a similar cost range making the choice more on the quality of the solar panels and inverter using your ratings to heip decide on a system in the upper middle range.
I chose the 6.6kw system with rec-300 N-Peak panels and the Solar Edge SE6000H
The install was issue free Andrew was easy to work with as regards location of the inverter etc and the install team were punctual and tidy
The installation date was delayed by about 4 weeks but I was was kept informed and it was not an issue for me.The system was up and running by about 2pm on the day and grid connection was in operation by the following day.
Overall a very seamless and hassle free process. Well done Progress Electrical

Very Professional

We were impressed right from the start with the professional presentation and understanding our needs. Only quality products used and installation was super efficient. The quote was detailed but easy to understand.
The people who own the business actually do the work, not some unrelated contractors.

Follow up after installation was excellent. Grid connection was arranged in a timely manner and everything exceeded our expectations.

Thoroughly recommended.

Excellent service

Quoting thorough, clear and efficient. Installation smooth. Customer service top class.
Of the three quotes, two visited the site to ensure the specifics required to meet our electricity consumption.
Rob Croy of PE explained the details of his quote, gave us the option of two installations, with brochures for the two types of panels recommended, and the inverter.
I made several enquiries relating to the selection of panels and the size of array by email which were replied promptly by telephone.
Installation was completed efficiently in one day.

Great people to deal with

During Covid 19 Rob came to see us, we sat down on our back deck & he clearly explained everything giving us a couple of options & explaining the differences between them. He was very knowledgeable about installation, he also checked the power box identified what was required.
Mitchell turned up as arranged on time for the installation, he was very polite & efficient. The install was done in a day, the mounting of the inverter was done neatly & located where I asked it to be. All wiring is out of sight fed up inside the wall & inside the roof cavity. All rubbish was removed & site left clean & tidy.

I was connected to the app for the inverter, shown how to use it to check its operation & shown how to shut down the system if it is ever needed. All documentation with my electricity supplier was taken care of for me.
Happy to recommend the team from Progress Electrical & Solar
Jeff.

Ezy pzy

The response from Progress Electrical was like, the next day and when a date and time for the quote was agreed apon, they weren't late and the professionalism I received from Rob was informative and helpful in every way. On the day of installation Andrew and his crew were polite and understanding to my requests, cleaned up and the whole process took only half a day.

Answered all our questions. Small local business. All components had very good ratings. On time and effecient

Excellent service. Good quality products used. Installers were effecient, polite and tidy.

Best equipment and price

Best equipment fronius and rec panels and the best price. Kept to their words at every stage. Provided all information. Respectful and professional. Have their own installation team. Very happy I went with them.

Fantastic company

Rob was extremly noligable and helping us decide what system was best for us. I would recommened them to anyone.

Fast and efficient

Sales and quoting process was simple and easy to understand. They were not pushy. The installation was faster than expected and the guys who came out were polite, informative, tidy, and punctual. I would not hesitate to recommend them to others.