Solahart Hobart

Solahart Hobart Reviews

Solahart Hobart has been the Solahart Dealer since 2005. During this time we have installed over 1800 Solar Hot Water and Solar Power Systems in the Greater Hobart area with systems as far south as Southport and covering the east coast of Tasmania up to Swansea.

We have many satisfied customers that are already reaping the benefits of their investment and as a Solahart Dealer for the past 15 years, our customers have peace of mind knowing that we are backed by one of the largest Solar Companies in the world that has been based in Australia for over 65 years, and in knowing this our customers know Solahart will honour all product warranties even if we weren’t around.

As a Solahart dealer we offer solar hot water, solar power and battery storage so we can assess you power usage and design a system to suit your requirements. We do not compromise on the quality, in both the solar products we use and install as well as our attention to detail of high standards in our workmanship.

Call into our Office/Showroom at 159 Main Road Moonah opposite the Moonah Bowl, our showroom has on display some of the latest Solar Power Systems and products for demonstration purpose to help you make the right choice in solar services.

Our Mission Statement:
Solahart Southern Tasmania vision is to see each of our customers supplied with a superior solar system that is designed to meet their daily power requirements. We want all our customer's to be satisfied knowing that their investment will give them many long years of solar service.

Reviewers report paying: $8,000 - $8,600 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solahart Hobart Reviews (14)

4.4/5

fantastic installation

The sales quoting process was excellent , the reps were friendly not pushy ,patient and seemed competent.
The installation went smoothly and competently. The trades were all polite and courteous. They cleaned up after them selves. They did what they said they would and when.
I cannot fault the service in any way and I would have no hesitation in recommending Solahart to anyone.

Excellent service and excellent installation

I cannot fault solahart. From the home visit to provide me with a quote to the finish of the install it was easy, everyone was very polite, punctual and the quality of the install was awesome.

Original Review on 10-02-2021:

PowerStore hot water tank and Smart energy controller - a great solution

Some minor hiccups with communications and differences between the plan and reality, but apart from that I have an advanced smart system using a new hot water cylinder as an effective battery.
Now my appliances run using tank hot water during the day, maximising my solar consumption.
No tanks on the roof, no complex plumbing, no timer, just dumping excess PV into the tank.
For noise reasons we didn't want a heat pump based hot water. Looks good so far, with a 315L Powerstore tank recharging 50% in 2-3 hours.
I also had DC optomisers installed to minimise shading issues which has stopped us installing solar in the past.

6 months later we asked Carl: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes,though the lack of tilt racking for winter sun angles has meant too much capacity for summer, too much grid for winter.

Good system design and helpful advice.

This was my first experience with solar. I sought 3 bids though Solar Quotes and this was the most convincing, despite being the most expensive. I found Solahart Hobart to be attentive to my needs and responsive in addressing my questions. Design and installation was efficient, and I appreciated the follow-up to check on performance. The completed system includes 22 Solahart panels (re-badged Q-Cells), SolarEdge inverter, 22 optimizers, a LG Chem RESU 10 battery, PowerStore HWS, PowerStore Gateway control and monitoring system, three heat pumps and new switchboard. A well-designed and very neatly installed system exploiting time-of-use tariffs. Very happy with how the system has worked over its first 12 months - two billing quarters have been in credit, including full off-set of the connection charges.

Great process E2e

Very Happy with output when testing. Still not fully operational yet, waiting for smart Meter

First Time User

Installed today so cannot comment on the performance.

They were the only company that showed up but I was very happy with them.

Great system

Neil gave very thorough quote, was friendly and extremely knowledgeable on the product. Might not have been the cheapest system but was good service and installation, with quality system.

Original Review on 13-05-2020:

Easy quote and installation

Installer did a good job with friendly staff and the salesman was very good as well. Price was a little more but not enough to make a difference in my choice. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Craig: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has performed well and has exceeded our expectations.

Solarhart good company to deal with.

Quoting process was excellent with a great package to calculate our system requirements.
Installers were punctual and efficient but had to return after a couple of days to complete the connection.
Solarhart are guiding us through the grid connection at the moment. We are still waiting for the energy retailer/supplier to come and change the meters so we can turn on the system. Understandable this time of the year.
Solarhart have been easily contactable and their customer service excellent to date.

Great advice and installation and fast.

I found Solarhart to be very professional and they seemed to know their stuff. The advice they provided on what to install made sense to me. The panels looks really good with their sleek black frames. Installation occurred quickly and looks very sound although I'm still waiting for an inspection and for my power company to play their role. It is nearly Christmas though so I'm sure its a particularly busy time.

Took care to design the best system for us

Of the three quotes we received, the Solarhart representative seemed to take the most care to design a system that suited our house, taking account of possible winter shade from trees. This included optimisers which the other quotes did not. The installation was carried out by Harvest Energy and went smoothly and was carried out on time. All seems to be working well and the Solarhart Team seem to take care of organising Aurora to come and change meters etc. Overall, we have been satisfied with the process. The only criticism is that Solarhart say they have a new software system and, having given us a quote in writing, rang up to say that the new system didn't include the frame for the roof and that we would need to pay several hundred dollars more than the initial quote.

So far so good

This was the company that was able to offer us what we wanted at a good price plus the 60months onteret free was a good option for us. Only installed yesterday so can't actually comment on the system yet as we have to wait till its all Aurora approved to be able to use it. Happy thus far

Professional installation off Solar system

All aspects of the Solat installation were carried out by the installer in a professional manner and when completed looked great.