Solargain Reviews

Solargain is one of Australia’s leading solar power providers, with more than 21 offices and warehouses countrywide. Having been around for over 20 years, we’re regarded as one of the best structured and integrated solar power and solar hot water companies in the business. We have also expanded to become one of the largest and most trusted solar service companies in Australia, offering homeowners and businesses a wide range of energy?efficient technology to help reduce electricity consumption and save you money.

We pride ourselves on quality solar and renewable energy solutions and are known in the industry for our achievements, including:

1. Proudly Australian-owned and operated, with 21 locations across the country.

2. Dedicated after-sales solar Service Department.

3. ISO 9001 certified for Quality Management Systems.

4. We’ve installed over 65,000 systems across Australia.

5. CEC Approved Solar Retailer and who only employs CEC Accredited Installers & Designers.

6. We’re ranked among the top 3 solar installers (by volume) nationally according to Sunwiz data.

7. Partnerships with some of the world’s leading solar manufacturers

Reviewers report paying: $3,400 - $8,800 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solargain Reviews (884)

4.2/5

4.3/5

4.4/5

4.2/5

Excellent Product & Installation

Solar Gain provided excellent pricing as compared to the other quotes we received. The installation was quick as well and our system is going really well. Would very much recommend Solar Gain

Hi Cam. Thank you so much for your recommendation, it always makes our day to hear when a customer has a great experience with our team. If you ever have any questions about your system you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

The customer service was perfect, shame the weather delayed the instal (completely out of our control!)

The team brought forward our dates when our new born came early, so helpful. Highly recommend them!

Hi Pete. Thank you very much for your recommendation. Great to hear that our installation team were able to accommodate your situation, congratulations by the way! If you ever need any assistance with your system please don't hesitate to get in touch with us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

A very happy customer

From my first communication with Solargain to installation even the after sales assistance has been seamless. I have been really impressed with the knowledge and professionalism of all who I have dealt with. Happy to refer

Hi Helen. We couldn't be happier to hear that you had such a good experience with our team. If you ever need any assistance from our team you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Highly recommend

Whole process from start to finish was easy, professional and friendly. Have already referred 2 more people to this fantastic service!

Hi Kiah. Thank you so much for you recommending us. We're very happy to hear you had such a good experience with our team. If you ever need any assistance please don't get in touch with us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Fantastic solar installation

Have found Solargain to be a very easy and informative company to deal with. The installation went smoothly and we had a problem which was resolved very quickly via customer service. Highly recommend so far all good.

Hi Gail. We're glad to hear you had a good experience with our team. If you ever need any assistance please don' hesitate to get in touch on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Let down by the installation

Sales process was very good, however poor installation resulted in a number of water issues.
Installation team failed to replace 2 roof tiles above meter box, resulting in overnight rain flooding the meter box and tripping power to the house. A leak in another location caused ceiling damage. Some components were replaced, and the ceiling was repaired, however many phone calls were made and emails sent to get a resolution.

Hi Joel,

Thank you for your patience with us, and we are glad to hear that the situation has now been resolved. We have passed your feedback onto management to help us improve our processes. We hope you enjoy your solar energy system going forward.

Kind regards,
Solargain
Went with large national company with original installation in 2011 when solar was a relatively new industry. Unfortunately it appears that sub contractors, rather than company dedicated staff, perform on site duties.

Grateful that I have been on premium feed in tariff (Vic) since installation to offset original set up costs & inconvenience over the period. Quotes for replacement inverters / installation higher than local business accredited installers. Will most probably arrange inverter replacement with local installer & most definately a more reliable brand with a greater warranty as recommended by him & SolarQuotes (ie.Goodwe Brand).

Hi Bernie. At Solargain we use a combination of both contractors and in-house installers, but all of our contractors go through a stringent vetting process to ensure that they are up to par. You can read more about our installation teams here: https://blog.solargain.com.au/blog/whos-installing-my-solar, we can assure you that regardless of who the installer was, if you conducted your system installation with Solargain, we would honour the warranty. In your case, since this system was installed in 2011 it is past it's warranty period.

In regards to the higher quoted amount, this is due to the quality of both our products and service, and the peace of mind that we will always be there to assist, service and honour our warranties as we have for the last 16 years.

We offer a wide variety of inverter brands, and prices have fallen substantially since 2011, so if you would like to explore your options, please feel free to get in touch.

Kind regards,

Fantastic experience

The whole process was smooth and effective. Best level of communication. I bought solar and iStore hot water system. Even though I requested multiple times to change and update the quote based on the fact my renovation was going slow and had to revise the quote, the team where very friendly and I was always properly responded to.
Installation was professional and with no issues. I am very happy with the system.
Totally recommend Solargain team.

Hi Ali. Glad to hear that you had a good installation experience with our team. If you ever need any assistance with your system you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Very happy with Solar Assist.

The communication, the openness, the friendliness, the quality of the job and the after sales support has been absolutely outstanding. They have always been more than willing to answer as many questions as I asked both before, during and after the install. The installation team were polite, helpful and worked hard to complete the job well. Highly recommend to anyone else seeking to install Solar panels at their residence.

Dear Nguyen Thank you for taking the time to review us and for your kind words. We are happy your overall experience was a good one. If you ever need any assistance please never hesitate to get in touch with us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Hi Craig. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your 5-star rating. We're glad to hear that you're happy with your solar experience with us. Kind regards, Solargain.

Great service and installation team

Sales people were great, very helpful and there when you needed them. The installation team were great, working under adverse weather conditions, always finding solutions, well done guys.
Solargain did everything they could and provided an excellent service, thank you.

Hi Thomas. Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your glowing review, it's great to hear that you had a good experience with our team. If you ever need any assistance with your system please never hesitate to get in contact with us on 1300 73 93 55, Kind regards, Solargain.
Solar Gain were great to deal with.
Would recommend them to anyone.

Hi Brad. We're glad to hear that you had a good experience with our team. Thank you for your recommendation. Kind regards, Solargain.

Excellent

Solargain were excellent to deal with. Everything went smoothly from quote to installation and commissioning. System was in the middle range of quality. Solargain looked after everything including registration and warranties. It was all just very easy.

Hi Graeme. Great to hear you had a good experience with our team from start to finish. If you ever need any assistance with your system you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

All parts of the process were very well carried out.

Hi Robert,

We're glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience with our team. If you ever need further assistance with your system you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Solargain - what a pain

Just after warranty ran out (5yrs 4mths), my SMA inverter stopped working.
I got Western Power in who advised that 99% the inverter was broke.
Reached out to SMA, no assistance whatsoever - really poor customer service.
Contacted installer (Solargain) and on the phone they suggested to get a technician in ($250..). When I told her that I dont want to pay for a new inverter AND the call out, they told me that I’d have no risk as they would deduct the $250 from the cost of a new inverter.
Disappointingly they did not -
First they claimed, the deduction was already included in the price (it was not..)
Then they claimed they never promised the deduction and finally, when I contacted management, they told me that the deduction only applied if the inverter would be installed straight away (without further call out)...- they did not tell me that condition at the outset...

Very disappointing customer service - in particular considering I was a return customer who referred two other customers to them in the past(!!)

In summary - while I trust the installer, the sales team is shady - make sure you get EVERYTHING in writing!!!

Solargain - what a pain!!!

Hi Simon. I've taken the time to investigate your case, and can see that our team were able to discount your system by $200 to price match another quote you received thanks to you being a returning customer of ours.

We can also see that your system is 1 year and 9 months out of warranty. Once a system is out of warranty we are unable to assist without a callout fee. We do apologise for the misunderstanding in regards to the callout fee, but are glad to see that our team were able to provide you with some measure of price discount to thank you for your return business. You were under no obligation to accept the proposed quotes if you were unhappy with the prices.

Great product and a good company to deal with.

The sales/quotes process was smooth. Jeremy had excellent knowledge of enphase and was easy to deal with.

Installation was done by contractors but they where excellent, professional and worked around some pretty terible weather.

Monitoring was up and working within 3 business days from the completed install.

Overall very happy with the product and service provided by Solargain!

Hi Justin. It's great to hear that you had a pleasant experience with Jeremy, and had a good experience with your installation overall. If you ever have any questions about your solar energy system you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Very happy with the Sunpower/Fronuis/Clenergy system we have had installed - the black panels are less obvious on our roof, and installation was neatly done.

Looked at a few alternatives combination and quotes before selecting - COVID lockdowns required installation to be delayed slightly, but alternative dates advised and installers were good to work with, and inspection done promptly after.

Hi Graham. It's good to hear that you had a pleasant experience working with our installation team. If you ever need any assistance with your system you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Happy customer

Overall experience very happy on time 1st glass installation on time neat and tidy work

Hi Andte. Great to hear that you're very happy with your experience with us. If you ever need any assistance you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Very patient installer

Matt from Solargain Bairnsdale was very patient with my less knowledgeable with computers. He organised everything and he kept me informed the next step until installation was done. Job well done.

Hi Buenaventurada, it's great to hear that Matt was able to assist you and that you had a good installation experience with our team. If you ever need any further assistance please don't hesitate to reach out to us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Number 1 Solargain

I would recommend Solargain very highly, they were there for me every step of the way from the first phone call for quoting to the end of installation everyone was polite and helpful, they were punctual did not leave a mess (which doesn’t happen often ) I would recommend Solargain anytime.

Hi Paula. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your glowing recommendation, it really does mean a lot to our team. If you ever have any questions you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Recent installation

Quoting was good, multiple changes to select my preferred end result
Installation was good, efficient, only very minor interruption to home power.

Hi Graham. It's great to hear that you had an all around positive experience with our team. We hope you enjoy the savings of your new solar energy system. If you ever have any questions, or need any assistance please don't hesitate to reach out to us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Excellent service

Service was excellent from the initial quote to the installation. Both salesperson and installer answered all questions I had and set everything thing up with the power company and monitoring app.

Hi Mark. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review, we hope you enjoy your new solar energy system. If you ever have any questions or need any assistance with your system you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Great Company to deal with

After extensive research dealing with quite a number of companies I settled on Solargain. From the dealing with Will Power, sales/ quoting who was the only salesperson I spoke to who offered unsolicited advice. He was great and gave me a lot of confidence in moving forward with the process. I will certainly be recommending him to any of my friends who are considering Solar Panels. The installation team kept me up todate with many emails and answers to questions. Especially in these Covid times. The installers, BJW Solar, Robert Boyle and his team, arrived at the time designated. They were very efficient in dealing with installation. Their workmanship was very neat, compact and tidy.

They Explained what was happening as they progressed through the installation. They were very respectful to my wife, myself and to entering and using the house.

They cleaned up the work area when they had finished. Robert actually helped me download the Solar App. and showed me how to read it. I was very impressed. Th follow up team from the Installation Department were great as well. Lauren and Tom send a number of emails to keep me informed as to what the next step was or what was required.

They were very quick in getting any paperwork actioned and forwarded on to other appropriate agencies. As such the Inspector was at my place within two days following installation. I would like to say that it has been a seamless and stress free process from start to finish. Peter H.

Hi Peter. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comprehensive feedback, it's great to hear that your solar experience with us was good from start to finish. If you ever need any assistance with your solar energy system you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55.

Professional Installers

Sales / Quoting Process: Liam from Solar Gain was helpful and prompt in providing information and answered my queries. I got my quote on the 26th May 2021, Solar rebate (Solar Victoria) applied on 31st May & got approved the same day, Installation of unit on the 7th June 2021 and final inspection on Installation on 15th June and unit turned on. Yet to get my Feed In Tariff sorted but I'm sure it will be done in the next few days. My scenario is straight forward with a Fronius 5 Kw 3-Phase Invertor with 6.6Kw Jinko Tiger panels.

Installation: The installer James and his team were professional and the team did a great job on installation. They fixed the one broken roof tile and didnt break 1 tile on the roof.

Customer Service: The customer service from Solar Gain was prompt in organising the installation. Everything was smooth right from start to finish. I am a happy customer.

Overall: The best part for me was, getting the solar unit working within 3 weeks from the time i got a quote. My experience with Solar Gain was fantastic and would definitely recommend to friends.

Hi Arun. Thank you very much for both your comprehensive review and your recommendation. It's great to hear that you had such a positive experience with our team if you ever need any assistance with your system please don't hesitate to reach out to us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Competitive quote backed by long-standing industry involvement

Solargain worked with me on a range of options to suit our dwelling and lifestyle. They were always happy to discuss and refine the plan as I learnt more along the journey of gathering quotes from a number of suppliers. They offered good quality panel and inverters and the installation team were excellent on the day as well as following up with the grid connection. It's great to be up on solar and the only question I have asked myself is why we didn't do it sooner. The system is humming during the Brisbane winter and I'm looking forward to summer.

Hi Ed. It's great to hear that you're already enjoying your system, even now in the dead of winter. If you ever need assistance with your system please don't hesitate to contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Cheap, but you get what you pay for

Solargain are very price competitive & offer a slick sales process, but unfortunately from there it has been all down hill. It took over 6 months from the date of agreement to install & whilst I acknowledge a lot of this was due to Covid19, the lack of communication was glaring (actually, it was non existent). Eventually I contacted them & threatened to take my business to another installer & miraculously I had an installation date within a few days.

Installers were untidy at best, with a lot of screws & wire ends left around out property & in gutters with no real effort was made to clean up - but in the end, the system was installed on the date promised.

After sales service is nothing short of a disgrace. Once connected to the grid the system was not reporting. They blamed it on wifi network issues, but as other devices nearby worked perfectly, I question this. Eventually as I received no response to multiple attempts to get this sorted through Solargain, I took it upon myself to install a cabled LAN & the system now reports correctly.

Recently the system was reporting a fault & it suggested I contact Solargain, which I did, but once again, I received no response from them. I suspect someone looked at it & turned the fault message off as it is not longer showing, but no communication has been forthcoming.

If you are price conscious & want to install high quality components, then Solargain may be a good choice for you. If communication & service is important, then I would STRONGLY recommend looking elsewhere.

Hi James. I've investigated your case and spoken with our install and service manager. First of all, I would like to apologise for the mess left on your premises, that is not in-keeping with our standards, and the manager says that he has spoken to the installers about this.

In regards to the breakdown in communication, this is due in part to reduced hours during COVID, as all of our staff spent less time at the office during this period.

To explain the fault your system experienced, this was due to a production issue caused by an incorrectly set production monitoring setting. The Enphase portal goes off the production estimate inputted when the system was set up, but as the production levels were low, due to the bad weather we've been experiencing, the system flagged this as a fault. This fault was rectified by a member of our team remotely adjusting the monitoring setting to the correct setting. It was a failure in communication that we did not inform you of this.

Finally, on the matter of wi-fi, our installers say that the issue may have been that the booster installed was operating on a different password to the main system, so when attempting to connect, it was to the primary network, rather than the booster network. We are glad to hear that you have been able to rectify this issue with a LAN cable and that the monitoring is now properly operable.

If you have any further comments or questions, please don't hesitate to get in contact with us. Kind regards, Solargain.

Excellent advice

Michael from Solargain was very helpful and came and assessed the roof in person. He talked through any questions I had and also checked in on the day old the installation. The installer came on time and completed the install in one day as promised. There was a delay initially due to Covid19 which meant the install was delayed. This was not the fault of Solargain. Overall I was very happy with all aspects of the process.

Hi John. We're glad to hear that you had a good experience with our team, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. If you ever need any assistance with your system you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

High Quality Installation

Solargain did a great job from start to finish on our installation a few years ago and I'd highly recommend them. We opted for a SolarEdge system with optimisers to manage some shade cast by trees and its going really well. The panel level analysis is also really useful to see which panels are performing best but also in our case to spot which ones birds like to poo on the most!

Hi Caroline. Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your recommendation, it's wonderful to hear that you're already enjoying every aspect of your solar energy system. If there's ever anything we can help you with please don't hesitate to give us a call on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Original Review on 29-09-2020:

Easy process.

Large company which I thought might be a little impersonal, but even though no visit to the property, everything went very smoothly and as promised. The installation was carried out easily and professionally. All paperwork completed by the company, and any query was quickly resolved by great customer support. Original ratings

Hi Richard. We're very happy to hear that you had a good experience with our team, customer support has always been one of our primary focuses. If you ever need assistance you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

8 months later we asked Richard: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system is performing perfectly and very happy with it.

Fantastic experience

They met our expectations. People who installed were on time and helpful with our questions.

Hi Emmanuel. We're glad to hear that our team were able to provide a good installation experience for you, and hope you enjoy your new solar energy system. If you ever have any questions about your system you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Easy to deal with and very helpful

Solargain were great at helping me select a suitable system. Their follow up was good, without being pushy. The installers did an excellent job and did it cleanly!

Hi Rowan. Great to hear you had an excellent experience with our team and that you're happy with the system you've chosen. If you ever need any assistance with your system you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Microinverters now competitive for 3 phase installation

My roof is steeper than usual with shading issues and 3 phase installation a bit tricky due to voltage rise concerns.
I was very pleased when Solargain were able to make the previously too expensive Enphase microinverter system competitive with a fully optimised string inverter system using 17 * 370 W panels.
Panel by panel monitoring, lack of DC isolators and 3 phase balancing are additional benefits of this system.
Installation was punctual, efficient and of a high standard. The crew enjoyed their work.
Areas for improvement include:
8 week delay between signing up and installation.
Connection approval went smoothly, but the office didn't keep me informed of progress.
Delay in connection to the Enphase monitoring system.
While its very early days, I can recommend Solargain / Enphase on ther basis of quality price and performance to date.

Hi Mark. Thank you very much for your recommendation, it's great to hear that your experience with our team was smooth and satisfying. Thank you also for your recommendations, as we're always seeking to improve. If you ever need assistance with your system you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Great system but poor installation and customer service

1) Sale/quoting process was informative and useful

2) Installer was polite and punctual. However he was more junior because the main installer owner wasn’t there and there were quite a few issues with
- removal and disposal of the old system (installer had no room because they had a second job to go to)
- connecting the inverter to the WiFi ( installer didn’t know how to )
- installer forgot to replace two roof tiles ( rained heavily later that day )

3) Service department in Perth was obstructive regarding WiFi connection. However got onto someone who was able to help later.

4) The issue throughout the whole installation process was lack of communication between the installer and solargain. The installer didn’t know what to do with the problems but did not contact solargain either so I had to sort out the issues myself. Felt like I was doing their job for them.

Original Review on 05-08-2020:

Installed in one day, got the products as agreed, few issues.

It is weird that I used an installer that was provided in the 3 quotes, they were CEC accredited. Gave me good warranty conditions and the sales and installation process was good.
All the components were what was agreed with.
- They did leave the meter board in a bad state, admittedly it was tight, but they couldn't fix the cover entirely and had to seal the enclosure with silicone.
- The hand over was very quick, I had to set download the app and login myself, then I noticed that the usage meter was showing opposite so I had to call and get them to come back and resolve.
- the wifi has already disconnected one on the Huawei inverter, the support helped me to troubleshoot, but not a good sign.

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. This is not in keeping with our usual standards and we will be passing this information on to management. We are glad to see that you already have a service case open and that our team is working to resolve these issues. If you ever need further assistance you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

8 months later we asked Travis: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. All good so far, very reliable, no issues with the installation.

Original Review on 29-07-2020:

Good job at a good price

The salesperson was very knowledgeable, answered all my questions, gave me options and a good price. The installation process was great, on time and a good job. Post installation went as promised. Original ratings

Hi Brett. We're happy to hear that our team was able to deliver on all fronts and that you had a good experience throughout and past your installation. If you ever need further assistance you can always contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

8 months later we asked Brett: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has performed as predicted and I'm very happy with it.
This was a ground mount system at our farm and the guys were very co-operative re the installation

Hi Andrew. Great to hear that the team were able to provide you with a great installation experience. If you ever need any assistance with your system please don't hesitate to get in contact with us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Original Review on 08-06-2020:

Very professional with Quotes, Information, Details, Timeline and Installation

All the above - Excellent
Very professional with Quotes, Information, Details, Timeline and Installation-

Hi Barry. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this glowing feedback, we couldn't be happier that you had such a great experience with our team. If you ever need further assistance you can contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

8 months later we asked Barry: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

DefinitelyYES

Original Review on 21-07-2020:

8.58kW Jinko Panels with a 8kW Sungrow inverter

Overall I would rate the entire experience of getting our system from Solargain as average - good but not great. After comparing a few different quotes I chose Solargain as they were the cheapest for a comparable quality system. If I were to do it again I would probably pay slightly more for a better quality installer however I am very happy with the end result of the system.

The customer service I received was great, from the sales rep through to the admin staff and installers. However there were a few issues during the installation. Firstly the installers were subcontractors (Platinum Electricians) rather than direct employees of Solargain. This caught me off-guard however did not prove to be an issue.

During the quoting phase I was initially told I could fit 29 panels as we were looking to install as many as we could. I insisted that a physical site inspection and measure was done prior to the installation to ensure they would all fit as planned (the quote was done during COVID lockdown so used only satellite imagery). The measure picked up that I would only fit 26 panels. However on the day of install it was discovered the agreed layout did not fit. Luckily the same number of panels were able to be used but it was frustrating that even after the measure they couldn't get it right. More frustrating is the fact that based on the final layout that was installed, it appears there is actually room to fit at least 2 more panels.

Following the install I noticed 2 issued. First was that the isolator cover on the roof was actually overhanging the edge of the roof. Second was that the export limiting was not set up on the inverter (which had I not been an electrical engineer probably wouldn't have been picked up resulting in an install not up to energex standards). I advised Solargain and they arranged for the installers to return and both issues were resolved promptly.

I have also noticed that we receive a fair bit of shading in the morning due to a large tree on the far side of our neighbours property. This is something we were never told about and I am hoping during summer this won't be a problem.

Hi Dylan. We wanted to take a moment to apologise for any break downs in communication that may have occurred during the quoting process, in general, we would prefer to attend via site-visit, but due to the COVID lockdown, this was not feasible at the time. As to the issues during installation, unfortunately, these things do sometimes happen, however much we try and avoid mistakes, but we're glad to hear that the issues were at least resolved swiftly at no additional cost to you. In regards to the shading, this shading on your panels was accounted for in your production predictions, and will not affect production, as your system does not go into full swing until 10 AM, by which point, even in winter, the shading will have moved off of the panels. We hope this has helped to put any concerns about the shading to rest, but if you do see any drops in production compared to the predictions provided to you, please don't hesitate to get in contact with us. Kind regards, Solargain.

7 months later we asked Dylan: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

After 9 months operation the system is still performing great. We had one issue where the timer for the hot water system failed, however solargain were quick to respond and replaced it free of charge under warranty.

Can 100% recommend Solargain

Can 100% recommend Solargain. Great customer service (Tom and Michelle answered all questions in a timely manner, gave great and tailored advice about what system to get e.g. panels, size, inverter, and were 100% transparent throughout the whole process).

Good value for money. I absolutely love my system which they installed in a flash without a single problem. I really recommend solargain, such an awesome feeling once you start watching all the free clean power coming in :).

They gave me a tonne of options to select from, gave me transparent advice on all of them, installation went without a hitch, patiently answered any questions. Great stuff.

Hi Iain. Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your glowing feedback. There's nothing better than hearing from a customer who's absolutely loving their new solar energy system, great to hear how it's already bringing in solar power for your home. If you ever need assistance with your system you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Original Review on 19-05-2020:

Excellent install poor after sales service

Presale service was good. Install very good. After sales service was poor Original ratings

Hi Danny. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback, we always appreciate customers letting us know where we can improve. If you ever need further assistance you can contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

8 months later we asked Dany: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More

17.7kw panels with 15kw inverter

Solar Gain were great from start to finish. salesperson was very knowledgeable with years of experience. installation was a smooth and simple process.

i installed 17.7kw jinko panels on panels and 15kw 3 phase sungrow inverter and i am producing up to 115KW/day on a good day. Installation was very neat and tidy and installer went above and beyond and repaired a couple of holes in my roof with out even asking.

Highly recommend solargain as a supplier and installer for your solar needs.

Hi Grant. It's fantastic to hear that you had such a great experience with our team. Always good to hear when our customers experience great production levels from their new systems too! If you ever need assistance we're happy to help, just contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Waste of time and money

My system is 8 years old. Had to call back installers to repair leaking roof the next day. System did not yield the benefits suggested. Perhaps because they placed the panels in such a way to make his job easier and not to get maximum benefit from the sun. Second inverter now is faulty. Replacing an inverter every four years, on average, strips away all benefits of having the system. Office told me sorry warranty has lapsed but I could claim on my household insurance. With a $500 excess this was not an option. I did not take up the offer of a half price service call either. Ultimately the whole exercise was a waste of time and money. It now costs me more for this system than going on the traditional grid.

My system goes into alarm, red alarm light comes on and shortly after the red alarm light goes out and so on and so on. I have been told, by an independent source, that my system is trying to feed to the grid but with so many other larger and newer systems in the area trying to do the same it sends my system in to fault. I would be interested in any similar information.

Hi Ray. Apologies for the delay in reply. This sounds to use like Grid Voltage Rise, this is a common issue that inverters have been experiencing as solar becomes more and more prevalent in Australia, however it is not an issue with the inverter, it is an issue with the grid being unable to handle the amount of voltage being sent into it. A grid Voltage Rise does not cause your system to shut down, it will cause it to go into a state of decreased production until the grid is able to handle your export, or you use all the energy you are producing within your home. As for the other issues you are experiencing, we are sorry to hear about them. If you would like assistance, we'd be happy to see what we can do to improve your experience with your solar. You can contact us on 1300 73 93 55, or on [email protected] Kind regards, Solargain.

Solargain Perth

Multiple quotes provided, and amended to tweak for my needs / requirements. Talked through options and replied to further amendments and adjustments in a timely manner. The installers were good, seemed a bit heavy footed on the roof but maybe that's just because it sounded loud when working from home for the day. Otherwise they were very professional, I was surprised they were contractors as I thought they had there own team of installers (not that this was of any concern in the end).

Customer service has been great, monitoring was set up within 3 business days after installation after they said it could take up to 10 business days.

The SolarQuotes website was a very useful website to help with understanding everything you need to know. I researched for about 3 months and was well invested in ensuring I got a system to met my expectations. I suggest you DYOR and get enough quotes to make a sound decision. I found I would often find myself back at the SolarQuotes website when researching and learning all about Solar.

Hi Jamie. We're happy to hear you were happy with your installation. We agree, doing your own research is a very important part of solar, and you can always get the best result if you understand your own needs in regards to your system. If you'd ever like assistance with your system, you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Original Review on 12-03-2020:

Great installation at a fair price

All smooth sailing from start to finish , Phil the installer was great , didn’t even have to pay a deposit just paid the whole amount on completion Original ratings

Hi Heath,
Glad to hear you've had a great experience with us. We'll be sure to pass on your kind words to Phil. If you ever need assistance, don't hesitate to call us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain

8 months later we asked Heath: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Haven't had any problems so far and the system is performing very well

Smooth process

Sales rep was very informative and happy to run various quotes based on different options. Installer on the day also very lovely. Solargain will submit all paperwork to get rebate

Hi Jessica. Great to hear our team were able to help you through the whole process. Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback. If you ever need assistance with your system, you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Fantastic experience with Solareze

I cannot recommend Solareze highly enough.
Absolutely 5 star service across the board - from the home visit for quotation purposes; to the very thorough, detailed and informative written quote; to the smooth and efficient installation service.
Thanks very much to Rob, Peter and the whole team.
Very impressed.
Chloe

Very kind and helpful company

Took up the Solargain-Ikea deal on a 5.5kw system. There was unfortunately a misunderstanding about the location of the inverter, however after discussion with Leanne and Kevin from Solargain and the installer Paul from Smart Link Electrical, they kindly agreed to relocate it.

In the interim, a roof restoration was done - the roofers were impressed with the panel layout and installation, which was one of the best they had ever seen. It seems a lot of installers make their lives difficult by installing too close to the ridge caps, or putting holes in tiles.

We are still waiting for the system to be turned on, but are very grateful to Solargain and Smart Link Electrical for their efforts to resolve the situation.

Hi Stuart,

We're really glad to hear that our team was able to resolve the issue in such a satisfactory manner, and that the roofers were impressed with our panel layout, that's a nice little feather in our hat! Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this feedback, we can't wait for you to start enjoying your solar energy system. If you ever need assistance you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Solargain - Solar made easy

Matt from Solargain was great as were the installers. System not connected to the grid just yet, very happy with the advice and the system we have installed.

Would recommend Solargain.

Hi Rob. We're glad to hear that you had such a good experience with Matt and the team, we'll be sure to pass on your kind words, we're sure it will make their day. If you ever need assistance with your system you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.