CBD Solar Reviews

About CBD Solar, Solar Installers

CBD Energy is a company involved in the field of renewable energy, with a division catering for solar solutions for home and businesses. The company's main office is in Sydney with branch offices in Victoria and Queensland.

CBD Solar Solar Reviews

We had a fantastic run with CBD Solar. They gave us a very competitive price of $3999 for a 3kW system. They lodged all the paperwork correctly in a timely manner. They gave us one install date and stuck to it. Their installation contractor was polite, competent and performed a great installation. The system performs as advertised and we are currently waiting on Energex to install the smart meter. They invoiced us fairly and did not expect, (unlike some others) most of the money up front. In fact we only have to pay the last $400 once the meter has been installed. I have recommended CBD Solar to others and would go straight to them again for our next solar installation job. For reference I am an Electrical/Instrument Technician by trade and currently work as a Strategic Procurement Manager. Show additional information
I would never use CBD Solar again, nor would I recommend them to anyone.

They did not reveal to me that they would be using a 3rd party installer.

The 3rd Party installer they used was absolutely shocking...was rude and did not offer any assistance whatsoever.

I contacted CBD Solar with my concerns, but once I had paid the money, I never heard anything back from them.

This has been a very bad and disappointing experience for me, and has left a very bad taste in my mouth.

As I said, I will absolutely never, under any circumstances, ever use, or recommend, CBD Solar again.

CBD Solar makes no secret of our use of 3rd party CEC Accredited solar installers. In the contract which the customer signed, under the heading "Installation" in full size font, it reads:

"Installation will be undertaken by Clean Energy Council (CEC) accredited electrician installers. Final sub-contractors will be selected based on availability, experience and geographical location."

CBD Solar is able to offer competitively priced solar power systems only by outsourcing the installation component of the end product. The vast majority of major solar companies in the Australian market operate in this manner.

CBD Solar does have fully Accredited CEC installers on staff which we utilise for quality assurance and technical advisory requirements.

The customer is welcome to contact CBD Solar should they have any further enquiries on this matter. Our phone number is 1300 769 004
Only one person replied from your website and that was 2 weeks after I requested a quote. Never heard from anyone else. We went with CBD Solar as they called us back the next morning and had the system installed in a week. Show additional information
The sales person contacted me very quickly after I made an on-line inquiry. He sent details and a quote the same day via email. He was available by phone and email promptly even on weekends and public holidays. Used Google Earth to verify suitable roof aspect and space. Very knowledgeable, gave good advice without being pushy at all. From accepting the quote and paying a deposit to fully installed and operational was only 10 days, a real feat considering this took place over New Year and early January.
The installers were a team of 3 qualified electricians/solar installers, did a very good job and left no mess at all. They tested the installation and were done in less than 4 hours. The level 4 electrician returned 3 days later (once they received our new meter) to install the meter and hook us up to the grid.
The solar panels are made in Germany and the inverter is made in Italy and these are the reasons I purchased via CBD Solar. I did not want to buy anthing that was made in China due to quality control issues in this country. The panels were installed within 3 weeks of paying a deposit and the system was connected to the electricity grid within 7 weeks of the solar panels being installed. The installation did not pass the initial inspection that is undertaken by the ACT government and CBD Solar failed to follow up service on the installation issues being resolved by the installer. The customer had to repeatedly follow up with CBD about the outstanding issues that needed to be resolved with how the system was installed so that it could be connected to the elecrticity grid. Show additional information
We are very happy with the way the process developed from beginning to end.

We appreciated the fact that CBD warned us that the final connection to the grid has to be approved and done by the ACT government and ACTEW/AGL and that at the moment that process was taking 6 weeks or more.
Our system is not yet installed despite being told it would be supplied and installed in 4 weeks. They had no contact with us for 5 weeks since we placed the order and paid the deposit. After we followed up we received an email for the Project officer saying that the panels would arrive that week he would contact us this week to make arrangement for delivery and installation. This has not happened. It is so disappointing as they had started off with excellent help and service and the engineer who made the site inspection and explained the equipment and where it would be installed was excellent. He told us he had 2 of the inverters we wanted in stock and he would put one aside for us and assured us that the system would be installed before winter. The way things are going this will not happen. Show additional information
Supplier was very personable, installation extremely efficient and the products are excellent! Show additional information
The system I purchased is a 2KW system, comprising 9 German made SOLON blue 230/07 panels.

Also 1xSMA 2500 German made inverter. There is a 10 year product warranty. CBD Energy will also give a good discount for 6 or more clients which can be quite a saving depending on system chosen.
This system cost $8,800 dollars plus the discount for other clients involved.