Solar Backup and Phase Change Energy Solutions Reviews

About Solar Backup and Phase Change Energy Solutions, Solar Installers

Solar Backup and Phase Change Energy Solutions is a Solar Power Installation company based in Mitcham and serves VIC. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Solar Backup and Phase Change Energy Solutions Solar Reviews

We purchased a Nedap Power Router,18 Panels & 12 batteries at Solar Backups recommendation but got problems from the first day when installation was due to start, they called to reschedule to a week later but after I complained they reshuffled the team and tuned up. The system took more than twice the number of days quoted to complete. Their paperwork stuff-up caused delays in meter programing and FIT.
Since installation was completed we have been plagued by faults mostly caused by the Nedap Power Router failing, some incorrect programing and wiring. (We were not told there had been an ACCC recall done on these units twelve months before or we would have had second thoughts). Since the system was installed (now three years ago) the power router has been replaced twice and now the third one has failed.
They provide very poor communications and service each time the system required attention, in particular not keeping appointments, we had to chase them for support each time and response times got longer. Some original issues reported are still unresolved.
We have now been fobbed off and told we have no more warranty with them and to deal with Nedap direct.
What started out as a memorial adventure into a cleaner, greener and cheaper form of energy thanks to my deceased father has been a disaster. :(
I received excellent service in a tight time frame. I bought 2 systems, a 5 and 8 kW system. Solar Back up supplied all details model nombers and brands to be supplied, in direct contrast to most other quotes., including all your recommended suppliers. In fact I was deceived by one of your recommended suppliers in relation to the availability and service of S.M.A. inverters.

I googled the company and discovered they were infact the recommended Melbourne supplier I then got on the SMA web page and saw the inverters in plentiful supply. That was disappointing!. This poor deception of trying to sell me what I didn't request or want was puzzling.

However Solarbackup, showed professional dealings with me during discussions & planning the systems. This professionalism was then continued with the installers discussions and workmanship in both houses The electrician worked overtime to get the job done till 8:30 pm. Indicated he would like to make a change and returned after work the next day, to make the change. He really showed his quality and dedicated service to the Solar Backup company.

I work with trades men on a daily basis I rated them in the excellence range.

The price indicated above was for both systems. I have further imformation to share with you concerning other quotes I received whilst trying to support the local suppliers in Geelong.