Golden Globe Electrics Reviews

Based on 1 review

About Golden Globe Electrics, Solar Installers

Golden Globe Electrics is a Solar Power Installation company based in Bundall and serves QLD. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Golden Globe Electrics Solar Reviews

I went with an installer who did not offer a fixed, point of sale discount i.e. it was up to me to sign over the RECS to a trader. The REC price used in my calculations was higher than the price available at the time I went to sign them over (REC price was falling rapidly) so I ended up holding them for nearly 7 months until the price had recovered - a gamble that could have gone awry but, fortunately, it ended up OK.

I have had two quarterly electricity bills since installation and grid connection, receiving credits (at 50 c/kWh) of $63.50 and $60.00. That´s an export of 127 and 120 kWh. My tariff 11 usage for the same periods was 1457 and 1358. So my saving is about one third of the claims made by all the advertising one sees around at the moment. My array´s generation rapidly decreases at about 1:30 pm due to partial shade at that time - the irony is that I would need to cut down a couple of CO2 absorbing trees to make more solar power to reduce my CO2 footprint...... would I be better or worse off?

Advice to others is: don't expect to save any significant money. Do it to feel good about your contribution to the environment albeit a small one but also plant some trees, reduce your car journeys, and go easy on the air cond.