TGAL Solar Reviews

About TGAL Solar, Solar Installers

TGAL Solar is a Solar Power Installation company based in Port Macquarie and serves NSW. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

TGAL Solar Solar Reviews

The installer was very good - John INGERSOLL - excellent - did good work genuine bloke. The panels appear neatly installed and he sought my input.

The TGAL bloke Graeme was a bit questionable - overstated how much power it will produce I think - he said 15% less in winter than summer, installer said 50%, I would think prob 50% from my own research. Main issue was him saying his supplier had run out of the TDG solar panels but had more expensive and german made Hanover panels that he could supply for the same price. My research from your site and others was that Hanover panels were inferior to TDG and not german made. I refused those panels and miraculously they found some TDG panels at the back of the shed and were able to supply them. The panels took an extra four days to arrive by truck from Melbourne and I was starting to think I had been scammed, but they arrived ok.

The system appears to be more expensive than what you would advise on your site for a 5kw set up but not extraordinarily more.

I should put a disclaimer that the system has only been up for a few days so its a bit early to see how it performs I hope it performs to my expectations and investment. Obviously I haven't had a power bill yet to see if the feed in has been organised and is on line etc.

It seems to be a concern that there aren't large well known firms installing and you have to take your chances with small local firms that are difficult to do due diligence on. Your site is a source of good information on what is a fairly new industry that apparently is crawling with shysters.