Blue Tongue Solar Reviews

About Blue Tongue Solar, Solar Installers

Blue Tongue Solar is a Solar Power Installation company based in Bolinda and serves VIC. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Blue Tongue Solar Solar Reviews

DO NOT deal with this business ,they seemed alright at the start but that all changed after the install, the system did not work straight away and was left to us to chase that up ,zero tech support to get the app etc going again came from my pocket ,their installers left a hole in our roof which damaged the plaster ,they sent contractor to do the roof repair which also had to be redone ,don't say u weren't warned and take my advice this company and it's contractors do not care and you will not save any money from installing solar but rather wind up with further expenses ,find someone else do yourselves a favour . Show additional information
Warren was patient, prepared to discuss all technicalities as picked up from Finn Peacock's website solarquotes.com.au. On day of installation Warren dropped in to make sure everything was going to plan. Installation started as scheduled and system was switched on and fired up faultlessly delivering the KW output I was expecting under bright clear full sunlight overhead at 2.30pm (4.98 KW).
Blue tongue Solar also handled all the required paper work and forwarded all to my electrical retailer and to Jemena as well as providing copies for myself which I will be finding useful when I switch to a new energy retailer.
Get your Installer to supply you paper or PDF copies of all the final paperwork required to switch on your system, get it connected and have your smart meter programmed to the correct tariff code. Contact the electrical distribution distributor for your area and find out what Tariff code you must request your energy retailer to request on the Works order they will be placing with the Distributor in your area. I WOULD CAUTION ANYONE INSTALLING A SOLAR SYSTEM TO ENSURE THAT THEIR RETAILER IS GOING TO PLACE IN THE CORRECT WORKS ORDER TO THEIR ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTOR TO ENSURE THEIR SMART METER IS REPROGRAMMED TO THE CORRECT TARIFF FOR ALLOWING TOU OR FLEXIBLE PRICING TO AVOID THE EXPENSE OF A SECOND REPROGRAMMING CHARGE.
My contract with the new retailer is just about to come into force and if anyone would like to know how things proceeded they may contact me on my email @ [email protected]
IN THE MEAN TIME THANKS TO BLUE TONGUE SOLAR AND ALL THEIR HELPFUL ADVICE I'VE GOT A SYSTEM THAT IS FIRING UP THE MOMENT DAWN STARTS BREAKING AND IS STILL FIRING AT DUSK RAIN OR SHINE.
For anyone interested I've got 20 RENESOLA JIANGSU JC250M-24/Bb PANELS INSTALLED IN 2 BANKS OF 10 (Recommended by Warren of BLUE TONGUE SOLAR) firing up through an SMA 5000TL-20 SUNNYBOY inverter (Which I insisted on) and supplied at what I considered to be a bargain price by Warren when you look at the prices they are going for retail or on Ebay.
All the other hardware isolating switches mounting frames, switch board upgrade was supplied by Blue Tongue, again at prices for materials and labor consistent with Finn Peacocks advice on prices for electrical contractor work and verified by an electrical distributor firm.
Quote was reduced as they got a better deal on the panels which were also claimed to be more efficient. Installers were very prompt and did a good job. Appreciated the wealth of information provided by yourself. Show additional information