• With 1000s of Customer Reviews

Blue Tongue Solar Reviews

About Blue Tongue Solar, Solar Installers

Blue Tongue Solar is a Solar Power Installation company based in Bolinda and serves VIC. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Blue Tongue Solar Solar Reviews

I would like to say here how happy I am with Blue Tongue Solar.   I have a 10kw system in NSW in  a remote location

and there was a lot of work to be done on compliance, phases  and grid integration.

The logistics, planning and engineering was all done in a professional manner and we commonly see 62kw/day in summer

Which I believe is about the best you can get with a 10kw system at this latitude.

This first system has recovered 50% of its purchase price and is on track as per the feasibility study Blue tongue performed

In the design stage.

They are an engineering based company and seem to do mostly larger systems which I think gives them a broader perspective

for designing the system for our site and knowing how to work with the Power companies.

We have a second house and have just ordered another system with Blue Tongue as they are a good supplier, use the good

equipment and handle site issues well.   I was recommended to use them and know of several people that also have reliable,

high producing  Blue Tongue Solar Systems.
Warren was patient, prepared to discuss all technicalities as picked up from Finn Peacock's website solarquotes.com.au. On day of installation Warren dropped in to make sure everything was going to plan. Installation started as scheduled and system was switched on and fired up faultlessly delivering the KW output I was expecting under bright clear full sunlight overhead at 2.30pm (4.98 KW).
Blue tongue Solar also handled all the required paper work and forwarded all to my electrical retailer and to Jemena as well as providing copies for myself which I will be finding useful when I switch to a new energy retailer.
Get your Installer to supply you paper or PDF copies of all the final paperwork required to switch on your system, get it connected and have your smart meter programmed to the correct tariff code. Contact the electrical distribution distributor for your area and find out what Tariff code you must request your energy retailer to request on the Works order they will be placing with the Distributor in your area. I WOULD CAUTION ANYONE INSTALLING A SOLAR SYSTEM TO ENSURE THAT THEIR RETAILER IS GOING TO PLACE IN THE CORRECT WORKS ORDER TO THEIR ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTOR TO ENSURE THEIR SMART METER IS REPROGRAMMED TO THE CORRECT TARIFF FOR ALLOWING TOU OR FLEXIBLE PRICING TO AVOID THE EXPENSE OF A SECOND REPROGRAMMING CHARGE.
My contract with the new retailer is just about to come into force and if anyone would like to know how things proceeded they may contact me on my email @ Byron.Dickson@Bigpond.com.
IN THE MEAN TIME THANKS TO BLUE TONGUE SOLAR AND ALL THEIR HELPFUL ADVICE I'VE GOT A SYSTEM THAT IS FIRING UP THE MOMENT DAWN STARTS BREAKING AND IS STILL FIRING AT DUSK RAIN OR SHINE.
For anyone interested I've got 20 RENESOLA JIANGSU JC250M-24/Bb PANELS INSTALLED IN 2 BANKS OF 10 (Recommended by Warren of BLUE TONGUE SOLAR) firing up through an SMA 5000TL-20 SUNNYBOY inverter (Which I insisted on) and supplied at what I considered to be a bargain price by Warren when you look at the prices they are going for retail or on Ebay.
All the other hardware isolating switches mounting frames, switch board upgrade was supplied by Blue Tongue, again at prices for materials and labor consistent with Finn Peacocks advice on prices for electrical contractor work and verified by an electrical distributor firm.
Quote was reduced as they got a better deal on the panels which were also claimed to be more efficient. Installers were very prompt and did a good job. Appreciated the wealth of information provided by yourself. Show additional information