• With 1000s of Customer Reviews

Green Light Solar Reviews

About Green Light Solar, Solar Installers

Green Light Solar services 4 states (VIC, NSW, SA and WA) and will be doing business in QLD in the near future.

Green Light Solar Solar Reviews

Green Light Solar have now gone out of business and the warranty with them Show additional information
How do I contact these people all of there phones are disconnected and the web page has been shut down

My inverter is not connected to the grid there is a fault in the inverter.
Last quarter my power bill was $700 and my rebate was $10
the quarter before $600 and rebate $5
Don't go with them, my system is broken now after 6 months!
Go with a reputable company that has guarantee.
Trust me, tell them to leave your property immediately as the Green Light Solar company has closed down.
These guys are not to be trusted, do not give them your money. Our inverter broke just over 18 months after being installed and 6 months later it has not been replaced. So we are stuck in a contract paying for a solar system that is not working, while still paying huge electricity bills! Customer service is awful, they are trying to blame their suppliers and dodge the blame. They also guaranteed us 90% return on all our electricity bills. Even when the inverter was working, we never saw this. We are now taking them to court. I repeat, DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY! Show additional information
It's been 18 months and they haven't sent the correct paperwork to my electricity company. I only recently became aware of this and they assured me they would fix it straight away, that was a month ago and still nothing has been done. Now they don't respond to emails, don't answer the phone and their message bank is perpetually full. I need to be compensated for the last 18 months of zero benefit for my outlay. Have began the complaint process through the ACCC. Steer clear of them. Show additional information
Poor quality workmanship. 10 screws through my ceiling even after telling them I had cathedral ceilings. Lounge room lights stopped working. Brackets for solar panel placed in the low sections of the roofing iron. Although the installers were friendly, they were very difficult to communicate with.

SUPPLIER REPLY
Thankyou Gerard, we welcome your feedback as it ensures we continually improve our services. In this instance, one of our installers did indeed make a mistake. This installer has since been retrained and as you note, communication was an issue; he now works in a different team with better communication skills.
Thankyou for your honest 4* rating in all other aspects of the job such as good value for money and quality of system. Also, I presume you were very happy with the quick response, fix-up and generous discount you received, as compensation at the time, for any inconvenience caused.

Had problems with EA but the people at Green Light Solar fix it and all is good
Thanks Tony Cimino for help.
THE SALESMAN WAS FANTASTIC ,,,,HE TOLD ME WHAT I NEEDED TO GET FOR OUR HOME , AS I WAS GOING TO GO WITH MY IDEA OF OFF THE GRID. BUT HE TOLD ME NOT TO DO THIS, AND THAT I WOULD BE MORE THEN HAPPY WITH WHAT HIS COMPANY WOULD DO FOR ME. HE KNEW HIS FACTS,AND I LIKED WHAT HE TOLD ME , SUCH AS LOCAL, AND I CAN CALL THEM OUT ANY TIME , ANYWAY I FOLLOWED HIS ADVICE AND THAT SAME DAY THE WORKERS CAME AND DID THE JOB ...AND IM REALY HAPPY THAT I WENT AHEAD WITH THEM ... Show additional information
We got our system installed last year and after signing the contract, installation, safety inspection and meter reconfiguration happened very quickly. Installation crew was very efficient and friendly. We have seen big difference in our bills and we have even recommended our friends. However, our inverter broke down just recently but as per the sales promise, electrician from green light solar came and replaced our faulty inverter within 2 days and it didn't cost us anything not even a call out fee. This is the most efficient and fastest service we have experienced. Will highly recommend this company to all my friends. Well done guys!! Show additional information
Installers arrived 1hr late & explanation of system was flawed as installers did not speak fluent english therefore communication was a barrier. Was a delay in paperwork being sent to the electricity supplier to change over the meter – I had to follow up after a month. System was installed 3 mths ago and still waiting on Green Light to install 2 amp switch so meter can be changed over & feed back into grid. Have received THE worst customer service, rang and emailed so many times & installers have failed to turn up on 6 occasions. Am paying for a system that is not fully functional - am generating well in excess of my daily power requirements for my house on most days and the excess is not being fed back into the grid, therefore eliminating my ability to gain credit on my electricity account. Have submitted a complaint with ACCC. Use a more reputable company if you are looking at solar.

SUPPLIER REPLY
Green Light Solar believes that Natasha's comments are unfair and here's why. Natasha rates us 1* for value for money, yet in the same review, Natasha acknowledges " the system is generating well in excess of daily power requirements". This indicates a system that is performing excellently. Furthermore we arranged for Natasha to purchase the system on a No Interest Payment Plan, this surely casts doubt on her idea of value for money.
Natasha gives us 1* for customer service, once again, this seems harsh when the delays were due to Natasha's Electricity Retailer/Distributor and her outdated wiring for her underfloor heating. We were understanding of her frustrations regarding the meter connection but we found Natasha's misdirected anger unacceptable.
Green Light Solar takes umbrage with the idea that she could not communicate with our installers or the notion that our installers failed to show up 6 times! It simply isn't true.
The complaint seems to be about the delay in being connected to the Grid, this is not something we can control, all we can do is initiate the process with Natasha's Electricity Retailer/Distributor. Many delays are caused by the administration of the Retailer/Distributor of which we have no control. In this instance further delays were caused because Natasha's home had outdated wiring for her underfloor heating system. The Retailer/Distributor require that this wiring is reconfigured to accommodate the new meter. This is outside of the solar contract between Natasha and Green Light Solar and is between Natasha and her Retailer/Distributor, however, as a good will gesture, we agreed to cover the costs and employed an A Grade Electrician to reconfigure Natasha's outdated wiring. This easily compensated Natasha for any loss in Feed In Tariff, hence there is no issue with the ACCC.
With regard to Natasha's "reputable company" comment, we are a well established, reliable, experienced company, proud of our achievements and excellent customer service. The nature of roof installations occasionally brings unexpected obstacles and challenges, which we are expert at dealing with, perhaps harder to deal with, are unfair comments written in misdirected anger.
Good Service, nice guys to deal with. Installation happened very quickly. Show additional information
I purchased a 4kw system with a SMA 5000TL21 inverter and Trina Honey 250W panels from Green Light Solar in Hallam Vic.
I was a bit concerned the panels would be grey market but the supplier Green Light Solar provided me with the serial numbers from each panel and I used that information to check with Trina and the panels were legit.
On installation day the team was very efficient and made the effort the show me the panel serial numbers and explain the system and how it will work. Also they kept the site clean and tidy.
The system cost $5200.00 for 16 Trina panels and an SMA 5000TL21 invertor.
The whole experience was very professional and honest.
I highly recommend them to anyone in the SE suburbs looking for solar
This is a small group that tries really hard to fit the system to you at the price you want to pay. They have solid warranties and excellent customer service that keeps you in the loop while you wait for the power companies to get off their back sides to flick the switch. Big thumbs up. Show additional information
The explanation given about the whole system. Show additional information