Solar MegaMart Reviews

About Solar MegaMart, Solar Installers

Solar MegaMart is a Solar Power Installation company based in HQ in Taren Point: Serve QLD, VIC and serves NSW. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Solar MegaMart Solar Reviews

Cannot Contact the company at all Show additional information
Bought 3.3 Kw set up in April 2011. Installation a shambles 2 months, bad response to phone calls. 5000 TL inverter failed April 2016, sonds like a record for Sunna.
Installer and Sunna gone belly up.
The subcontractor was fantastic. SMM were good and always available. Show additional information
Due to the difficulty of getting it installed before the end of the year and to get the Govt rebate this was one company that was able have this done .

While the system is generating power to the grid this is only an offset amount until I have the meter changed to a smart meter and receive the 60 cents a kw ,it has been suggested up to 6 weeks for the power company to effect this.
I have read some negetive comments about this company but have had no trouble so far but have still have paperwork to be lodged for the job to be completed.
The agent (Gary) from Solar Megamart who I spoke to was extremely helpful and did not mislead me or try to push his product. I was very satisfied with the price he provided, the information and service he offered. He knew the meaning of customer service and follow up.

On the other hand, I felt that I was let down by the service provided by the head office or the administration. Following my initial upfront deposit payment I waited for approximately 2 weeks before receiving an invoice. Furthermore the date of installation was cancelled and rescheduled on 2 occasions. However this could have been attributed to the high demand for solar power in the month of June.
Installation was very fast but still waiting for energy supplier to instal dual-feed meter & turn it on.
Lady on their enquiries line was a bit confused, sales guy very helpful & flexible.
Installation started 16-5-2011, still not complete, not enough panels sent out and wrong sized panel sent to finish.
5 KW inverter purchased with a view to extend the system from an initial 3.36 KW to 5 KW.
The array so far installed leaves no room for enough additional panels to fully utilise the 5 KW inverter even though there is enough roof space to do so.
Since signup the panel type and inverter have both been changed due to SMM inability to supply quoted components. Array supplied totals 3.29 KW as against 3.36 quoted .
Phone calls to SMM installation manager go to message service and are not returned.
Phone calls to SMM HO elicit a platituinous respons and suggestion I contact the installer. the installer is a subcontracter apparently used as a cut-out or blame shifter to remove responsibilityfrom SMM management.
I didn't have the cash in hand, I told them I have to wait till July so I can have the money, they quoted me and told me that they can do the job I don't have to wait until I have the money and I still be eligible for the full grant. Very happy with customer service. Show additional information
You would think spending over $4ooo dollars with a company would give you some service but once you have signed you have to chase them and 6-8wks turn into 10wks, then its the same to get it turned on. Show additional information
Knowledge about Solar Power varied considerably. Some sales persons had simply no idea. Most were not aware of changes in government subsidies and terminology. Financial/performance modelling required closer attention as claims made were often unlikely to be realised within the time lines suggested.

All models ignored the ongoing cost of financing a solar power system. That is, they ignored the ongoing financing cost of the initial capital outlay.

Finally, contracts/agreements are very much in the favour of the supplier rather than recipiant of the system.
I supplied all the necessary paperwork and photographs requested and was informed that an installation date would be given at the beginning of January.
During that month, I sent three emails and made numerous phone calls but got no fixed date for installation.
On 6th February, I was contacted to say the installers were coming on the 7th. I informed the office that this was not suitable and the installation was arranged for 10th Feb.
Three installers came that day and the system was installed by three very competent workers and took seven hours of constant labour to complete.
Had a quote within 24 hours of initial contact which was better than other quotes I had received. The installation has been completed only 4 weeks after my acceptance of the quote as they have stocks here in Australia. They only use reputable parts and the installers kept me informed throughout the process.

Other companies quoted me 8 to 12weeks before the installation could be done as they had to wait for the stock to arrive from overseas. Two companies didn't even get back to me and the remaining 5 I contacted took around a week to respond.