Citisolar Reviews

About Citisolar, Solar Installers

CitiSolar is a solar energy company with offices in Brisbane, Melbourne and Canberra. The company says that it is Australian owned and that it can serve all of customers' renewable energy needs and compliance paperwork. They say that their installers are CEC accredited, and for h/w system installations are State Plumbing Authority certified. CitiSolar say that they source only the highest grade equipment available. They say that their larger powered panels require a smaller amount of north facing roof area than those supplied by competitors.

Customer testimonials for CitiSolar are available, and include the following:

" Our experience with CitiSolar has been a straight forward experience. All staff are friendly and professional in their approach. The installers were prompt, efficient and we were fully informed of progress at all times. The whole process has been made easy by the paperwork regarding the government subsidy taken care of by CitiSolar."

" We are the owners of an eight panel CitiSolar system. We were hesitant at first to go ahead and install the system, but thanks to you Michael for being so helpful, laying out a plan which we could afford. Compliments also to the young men who installed the system. They went about their work in a confident and helpful manner."

At time of writing, two customers reviewed CitiSolar and rated the company highly for value for money, system quality and customer service; and fairly highly for installation.

Citisolar Solar Reviews

Sales were extremely helpful and informative

Installers damaged the carport roof and said it was unavoidable. They would fix the roof but not reinstall panels, leaving us with a very small system. Gave a (very)small discount on price instead
Installers also dodgied up the inverter install, cutting the warranty void if damaged tag to open up the box to install cable instead of using the plug provided.

Inverter died, replaced under warranty as it was a known problem with that batch of inverters, but 10 months after the inverter died, only just got the new one installed as the customer support is laughable.
Lost emails, computer viruses, not answering phone, a usually full mailbox but don't call back if you do get to leave a message, and trying to make us do the chasing around for a replacement plug instead of doing it themselves.
I've had every excuse under the sun, and the problem was only solved because Samil (inverter manufacturer) has amazing customer service.

And don't bother trying to complain, when asked for a manager or supervisor, receptionist invariably told us they were all on business trips in China.
I learnt a lot about solar power & my own energy use habits. I found your website & the SAE consultant very informative. I have only rated the value for money as "good" as I see cheaper systems advertised now due to the end of the financial year. But overall I am happy with my choice & thank you again for your assistance. Show additional information
Best decision we ever made. Yes we had way cheaper quotes, its not always about the money, its the product and the service. We looked at reviews prior to our appointment, saw good and bad reviews but decided to make out own decision. Glad we went with Citisolar. Show additional information
Be well informed about systems to suit your requirements Show additional information
The sales rep was knowledgable and very easy to talk to. He offered a discount and confirmed every thing with his superiors before going on .we were very happy with the companies approach. The installation was completed in a timely manner and the tradies doing the job were excellent. Show additional information
The Salesman told me the system had a 15 year warranty and then the quote stated a 10 year warranty and after the installation I have only received warranty on the inverter from the manufacturer for 5 years.
The install team were brilliant and the sales & office team were pleasant and professional - with the exception of the warranty issue.
Overall a good experience and everything was up and running quickly and smoothly For a great system at a great price although the sales person made a few promises like that he would come back out to check the system and make sure that we are happy which has not happened. Show additional information
The Govt rebate for solar is now so low that it really does not make a lot of difference to your bill. Then if your inverter doesn't work and you need a replacement through warranty that takes weeks..... Their process for replacement is to get a new one from overseas. They will not use their stock. So after paying a mint for your new system you have to wait weeks to get a replacement and go without any solar power being taken off your bill. Citisolar win - win. Customer loose - loose!!!! Show additional information
Needed to change Retailer, as Alinta Energy do not offer Rebate.

Still waiting on SP Austnet to do their conversion of meter.
Yes, get at least three quotes. Had Energy aware call me a few days ago and the price for a 4 kW system had dropped to $6000. To late mine now installed. They were honest with me from the start. Show additional information
Cannot say much until the system is installed. Show additional information
Thank you for your online help, unfortunately only 2 companies through your online service contacted us.
1 to make a time, which I couldn't do within the week, so he said he would call me back - I've yet to get that call.
The second company was wanting to do everything over the phone, quoted me the wrong prices - which were rectified on his email and no further follow up.
I was more than a little confused, took a drive around the neighbourhood, spotted 4 or 5 Citisolar signs and gave them a call, they presented well, gave lots of information and won our business.
Should spend more time explaining th system Show additional information