Eco Choice Solar

Eco Choice Solar Reviews

Eco Choice Solar is a Solar Power Installation company based in Drysdale and serves VIC. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Eco Choice Solar Reviews (2)

3.0/5

3.0/5

Quality product but poor installation.

Quoting process was slow but they ended up fitting in the job on short notice which was good.

We got a 9kw hyundai system with fronious inverter. We have a 45 degree pitch roof, so safety railing was provided and they new the only had the one day to install as it was coming down the following day.
It's a long story, but I am not happy with the install. I'll attach photos which should explain it all. Excess railing everywhere.

I was onsite to meet them in the morning and then came by during the day also. At no point did they mention there would be 450mm of excess railing to the top because of the roof batten spacing. There was also 150mm+ of excess railing to the bottom and 250mm+ of excess railing to the isolators. The solar panels were also covered with hand prints.
I sent the company an email that night just bringing up the issues and asked them to be rectified ASAP as the railing was coming down on the Tuesday ( they installed the Thursday before the easter break). I didn't hear back until a week later as they had an extended break over easter which I was unaware of.

The company owner said he was aware of the issues when the boys told him that night. He said another roof batten will need to be installed to fix the issue ( I knew this would have to happen once I seen their install). I said I was extremely disappointed that this wasn't communicated on the 2 occasions I was there as I would've installed the batten then and there. No apology, said he'd get his boys out there once batten was installed and would use a harness to fix issues.

He's since sent an invoice through, I said I'm not paying it untill issues have been rectified. He came back with "can't get out there for another couple weeks but would appreciate if payment was made.....also, safety rail will need to be installed to fix issues"
I've told him that I'm happy to organize safety railing but I'm not paying for it as they knew they had a day for install (they said it would only take the day), they failed to communicate any issues regarding the install even though it was a easy fix, only took 30 minutes to install another roof batten. Also while I was installing the roof batten I noticed that the solar panels were 50mm off being parallel to the bottom roof sheeting.
It's nearly been a week and I haven't had a reply from them.

Overall their attention to detail to poor at best, their communication is poor at best and I would not recommend them to anyone.
Initially i was not impressed, because they only emailed a generic quote without asking the type of system i wanted. However a lot of people in the local area were recommending them, so i asked for a meeting and discussed more quality options and am very happy with the q cells panels and Fronius inverter. They were very professional with a quality team and cannot fault the after sales service.