Aussie Hybrid Solar Reviews

About Aussie Hybrid Solar, Solar Installers

Aussie Hybrid Solar is a Solar Power Installation company based in Sydney and serves NSW. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Aussie Hybrid Solar Solar Reviews

I was a difficult customer with a million questions. Aussie Hybrid Solar bent over backwards to give me a great customer experience. The installation workmanship was top notch. Their rates were already competitive after I had shopped around, and they helpfully called me to tell me of a new great deal and I saved more money. I wasn't going for bottom of the barrel quotes because I didn't want a poor quality system. I chose Aussie Hybrid Solar because they offered bang for buck. The installation was without hassle and after it was done I concluded that I made the right choice. I highly recommend them and I'm a happy customer. Show additional information
Are these people still in business?
They installed a system here a few months ago and supplied me with an inverter for an existing system that was installed by some cowboys the last time there was a govt handout. Everything is going fine but when I try to contact them about upgrading the previous 1.5kw system there is no reply. Tried like five times now.
At the time of installation I did query the sales team about upgrading the previous 1.5kw system but was told flat out, no, it's not possible due to the difference in voltages of the newer 280w panels as compared to the older 180w. I didn't query this at the time but on reflection, what I was told was incorrect. You can add panels in series provided you don't exceed the nominal working voltage of the inverter. The sum of the voltage of the panels in that type of configuration is additive.
I also wanted another array on the other side of the roof connected in parallel to the last installation to take advantage of the morning sun. Again, told no. I thought about this too and put it to their sales team after the event that it could be done if you used blocking diodes on each array so that they didn't feed current into each other but direct their output to the inverter. I was told, yes, that could be done. Fine. Wish you had've told me that on the day the installers were here.
Now there's just no response to my emails. Sent them photos as requested but.....radio silence.
What's going on? Gone broke already?
We highly recommend Aussie Hybrid solar.
Their Customer Service is Excellent and the team who installed the system did a fantastic job.
Thank you.
Promised Tesla battery with this system only not to receive it saying it was a false promise by salesman. Our contract copy paperwork was altered by someone in this company. Even though we have the original. They offered $2000 off the price as sorry money but that doesn't pay for the battery. Installation was average quality with no follow up contact from Aussie Hybrid as how to use this system. We now have a heavily over priced system with no battery and no one to show us its efficiency Show additional information
Had another quote from a company that came doorknocking. Aussie Hybrid Solar doubled the capacity of the system whilst having the size of the quote. They then upgraded me to a 10 year warranty without cost, upgraded me to Tier #1 quality panels and then threw in 4 more panels for gratis because I had ordered 20. Normally the warranty extension is a $256 add-on but on this occasion they said it was a promo by the manufacturer.
Aussie Hybrid were also very patient with my 'mud maps' of how I wanted the installation topography done, drawn up on high end graphics design programs like Windows Paint after half a dozen beers. Not only did they not laugh, well, not outwardly, but they forwarded on my sketches to the installation team so that everyone was on the same page.
I had a bad experience with a previous installation in that it worked for only 4.5 hrs a day when it was working because the panels faced in only one direction. Not only that, but the panels peaked between midday and 4 when no-one was home to take advantage of it, eg, washing machine, etc. I wanted this system to capture sunlight from sunrise to sunset to offset the electrical load of appliances that are used both at the start and at the end of the day so as to try and spread out that peak of solar gain that happens when your PV panels are aimed closest to the azimuth of the sun. By having panels east, west and north you get a much more usable power curve that does not spike in the middle of the day and is then useless for the rest. I now have sufficient power to run toaster and kettle shortly after 8.00 am (2kw) and the same at the other end of the day at 4.30 .
Aussie Solar Hybrid had my mud map in hand when they arrived and said "yep, that's how I would do it if it was being done at my place". I was pleasantly surprised that the sales team had passed the info on.
The larger 5 KW unit I purchased has inputs for two arrays of PV panels, so I had half of the PV panels facing east and the other half facing west. I don't have a northerly aspect but in hindsight, that's not a problem.
Good service. Always quick to respond to questions, even after installation. Show additional information
Thanks for all the advice Show additional information