• With 1000s of Customer Reviews

East Gippsland Solar Reviews

About East Gippsland Solar, Solar Installers

East Gippsland Solar is a Solar Power Installation company based in Bairnsdale and serves VIC. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

East Gippsland Solar Solar Reviews

The information you gave me was invaluable new what I wanted and this helpede sort the information that was given me. This allowed me to sort out the bull that was given by some suppliers. Cheers Show additional information
East Gippsland Solar

A couple of years ago I looked at solar power but it wasn’t worth it for me. I was living alone and hardly used any electricity. I was impressed with the salesman/consultant though. He was a bit bossy but seemed to know what he was talking about and he also seemed to be honest in his opinions.

Two or three years on, different house and a new partner, solar power seemed like a good option. Finn Peacock’s site (www.solarquotes.com.au) couldn’t give me any quotes in this area so I went back to the company who had seemed so knowledgeable and honest.

I spent some time discussing a system with them and opted for what seems to be the top end of the market. I paid a deposit on 11th May and they got back to me on the 15th saying they’d be in touch in 2 to 4 weeks. Around 20th June, I contacted them and asked if they had a date. They said they’d been busy but they could do it next Friday. Okay!

Their guys turned up on the Friday 29th June as promised. One of them looked up at the roof and said, “Has anyone been out to inspect the site.” I told him “no”. He shook his head and I said, “Is there a problem?” He said, “I haven’t got a problem but you have.” I didn’t find that funny.

Next I asked the electrician how he was going to fix the inverter to the wall of the house. He wanted to use plugs and screws, but this is a mudbrick house and that is not an acceptable way to fix to mudbrick. I sorted that problem out using some battens and waterproof ply.

They got on with the job and seemed pretty good at it - hard working and friendly.

They had nearly finished but didn’t have a length of cable they needed. I didn’t either, so they left the system half installed and not finished. They were also supposed to have some papers for my partner to sign since the electricity account is in her name. They didn’t have them, or if they did they forgot. The electrician said he’d be back the next week to finish the job.

I contacted them again on 12th July. They had just been trying to contact me, apparently, to tell me they’d be out the next week, possibly on the Monday. As it turned out, they promised to come on the Thursday, 19th July. They called in to my partner’s workplace and got her to sign the papers. Unfortunately they were the papers for somebody else’s job. They also mentioned that they wouldn’t be able to make it to our job that day.

Well, that’s where I’m up to as I write (Thursday 19th July) with vague promises that they will call in and get my partner to sign the papers tonight and even vaguer promises that the electrician will be back to finish the job tomorrow.

I’m very disappointed. I was hoping to give a local company 5 star reviews. As it is, the work may be okay, but I certainly can’t recommend them. To make matters worse, my local electrician has started offering the same top quality solar systems. At least he’s really local and, in my experience, reliable. I don’t know where I stand legally, but I may just get him to finish the job for me and deduct his fees from whatever East Gippsland Solar want to charge me.
I went with this company because they were upto date with solar news and they helped me future proof my system so that I could cater for my needs today and into the future.
I appreciated the honesty and patience that John had with my multitude of questions and his ability to answer all without bias.
I thoroughly recommend East Gippsland Solar
We have had the system installed, but we are now waiting on the power supply people to do their part of the deal. Dealing with East Gippsland Solar was so easy. They kept us informed of each step along the way. We thank you at Finn's for giving us the contact. The installation crew were very efficient and nice to deal with. Altogether very satisfying and could recommend them to anyone thinking solar. E.G.B. Show additional information
East Gippsland Solar were very easy to work with, and very helpful throughout. They did a great job with everything and also helped me get a better deal from from my supplier. They also upgraded my Inverter at no extra cost, and the follow up customer service was fantastic. I would highly recommend this company to anyone considering Solar Power.

David.
We were going away four weeks after we ordered our system and asked if it could be done before we left home. John's crew were here within two weeks and did a fantastic job for us. We were extremely grateful to them.
Thanks to Solarquotes for putting us onto East Gippsland Solar. John came to our house the week we contacted him and was very informative and helpful in helping us understand the system he recommended.
Local Solar Company that deal only in quality products with great service :) Show additional information