Exel Power Reviews

About Exel Power, Solar Installers

Exel Power has been in business for more than ten years and offers customised solar power solutions to businesses and homeowners. At every stage of the process of designing a solar power system, the company will take the habits and lifestyle of their customer into account.

Solar PV products from Excel Power are covered by warranties and the company has the expertise to help people get the most out of their systems.

Furthermore, a wide range of different products are available to suit a variety of renewable energy needs. Systems have also been designed to work at optimum levels in an Australian climate.

Exel Power Solar Reviews

Our system installed 2 1/2 years ago. Now no warranty.
1. They took a look at our roof and were about to leave saying there were no fixings for the panels. There are 450mm by 100mm exposed beams every 1.2 mts. My husband who had only been out of hospital 24 hours after a week's stay, had to get up on the roof and mark the place where the beams ran. Don't know why they couldn't do it. Anyway we did it and let it go. Now!
2. Be warned. Our skylight needs replacing. The solar panels are so close to the skylight roof tiles cannot be removed to replace it. Exell tells us we have to employ someone to come and remove the panels so the skylight man can fix it. Surely competant installers should know how skylights are set up. I didn't know until the tradie told us but that is not my area of expertise. You do not buy a dog and bark yourself. The panels were installed were contrary to engineers instructions. Go figure. Exel could not help. NOT HAPPY AT ALL.
I have researched solar for over 9 months. Had 6 different companies come to my home to explain their offers.

Exel Power or Exel group was by far the most impressive. While it was not the cheapest product I seen. I was most impressed that they did not just have one panel and claim that it was the best, but they were able to show me a range of panels to suit different budgets, which made it much easier to understand some of the minor and major differences between all the solar panels on the market.

The Sales Rep was excellent not pushy at all, and helped me save money on the system by displaying some advertising from my place of business. I would highly recommend Exel for solar installation.

Highest quality and by far the longest warranty panels and also the highest quality of installers.

A very happy customer
SMA 3000 TL-20 inverter and 8 x Black label Amarisolar panels with 18% efficiency.

Technical guys were excellent and no hassles.

Thank you for all your information which made the whole deal much easier to sort through.

Your website is an invaluable tool for solar systems.

Waiting now for a new meter but Exel did all the paper work so should be good to go in a month or so.

40kw/h in 6 days.

Great job Finn.
Brian Watts from Mark Group and Peter Davies from Solagex were both very good reps for their respective companies.
Brians information was technically sound while Peter Davies was honest and up front.
Cool Green Solar were very late to contact me. Almost after I finalized my deal.
I would recommend either Mark Group or Solagex with a preference towards the Mark Group.
I was convinced that the sunPower Solar Panels were of a high qaulity and strong efficiency. I went with the 300W panels and have 14 panels in my shed waiting to be installed. I was dissapointed in the conflicting advice from diffent sparkies representing the company about the best location for the Inverter..I was at work and my son was at home when they arived to install the inverter. They put it where I was informed was not a good spot and I would have preferred them to put it elswhere..I did end up taken a day of work for the install.. And as usual, they called and said they would be delayed..this will also mean another day off for the roof work.. That's tradies for you..
However I am pleased with the price of the system 4.2Kw for under $19K..I know some may not think so, but after looking at various systems for so long, I made my choice.

Steve Donaldson
Bendigo
Vic
Sales man was informative but not pushy.
They didn't charge for travelling out of area.
All work is done in house (there were no sub contractors).