Aus Solar Co Reviews

About Aus Solar Co, Solar Installers

Aus Solar Co
Aus Solar Co is a Solar Power Installation company based in and serves ACT. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Aus Solar Co Solar Reviews

Smooth from start to end!! Highly Recommend

Friendly staff from the sales team through to the customer service team.
Customer support team were amazing, guiding me every step of the way and were always available for all questions.
Installation of the system was smooth.
A company that exerts professionalism with a warm touch.

Great installation looks great

We were a bit unsure at first but after all of the great customer service and getting talked through the system and how it worked we decided to try and WOW we were impressed with our first bill being just over $8 dollars and the follow up customer service is top notch cheers Ausolar Show additional information

Be aware of this company. Terrible experience

I bought the 2.2 Kw solar system one year ago. The seller promised me many things that actually never happened ("2.2 Kw is enough for your house", "you will not pay any more electricity bills"," no finance costs" etc ).

The price was 3 times higher that the normal market price. It took almost one year to have a little discount which no cover any expenses. I still pay the electricity bills almost as before. Is not worth it. I don't recommend this company at all. At the phone the staff was kind, but still couldn't help me. Is look that they didn't really care the situation. I asked if they please can install some more panels to have enough energy but negative. Now I need to pay two times, the bill and the loan. They ripped me off. Be aware of them especially of the door sellers because the are really smart. Expensive lesson learned. Check other companies that are cheaper and may not cheat you like this. Terrible experience.

Solar Power savings

Happy with my solar installation and savings i am getting Show additional information

Be Informed and Wary, Check Everything, In Writing

Sales people will do or say anything to get a sale, whatever they tell you, get it in writing..and check it. as soon as they say they need an answer quickly, be wary.

I was promised a minimum number of units per day, rain hail or shine..., have called and written to them twice and they do not guarantee a minimum number of units...my fault for not getting it in writing

The panels were supposed to be on the rear of the house facing the sun, and on the side of the house facing the setting sun.... They were all placed on the side of the setting sun, so they dont get sunlight until about 11am in the morning... The installers even turned up with the wrong house drawing to show where they will place the panels...

I see a real value in converting to solar and renewable energy, but i see no value in using this company.. STAY CLEAR

review

The consultant was helpful and the purchase and installation went smoothly. The guys installing were efficient and their work completed quickly, I found them helpful and knowledgeable. The system has now been in operation for 1.5 years and is delivering savings as expected. Overall the installed price was a little higher than others' quoted but I've no issue with the system in service and I'm satisfied with my choice.

Following installation we had some issues getting responses from customer service regarding the final inspection and grid connection. Eventually we had a response only to find out that the inspection had been done and the connection made!

Be Wary

AusSolar gave us a quote for a free installation, no deposit system. It was a bit on the high end but they really appeared to know what they were talking about so we signed up. From the time of signing everything has gone down hill. The communications between the company and the installers is almost non existent. Once the panels were up were were told someone would come along to finish the job and connect us. No one came. In fact it was a day but no one advised us the job had been completed because we were out at work. It took a week to find out we were in fact connected.

However the inverter was not connected to our wifi so we could not monitor the system. A week after installation the installers were back to set up the wifi. The gentleman was having trouble and after 45 minutes I had to leave. I was advised I would have the username and password SMS'd to me. It never came. In fact 4 days later no one can provide it to me. Therefore we can not monitor the system and check functionality.

When I asked for a delay in the payment so we could monitor the system I was told sorry, the contract stipulated that the first payment was due 2 weeks after installation. We were assured before signing the contract that no money would be deducted until we were satisfied. That is not true.

In addition I have rung 5 different representatives of the company in 2 states and sent emails. It is incredibly difficult to speak to anyone directly as they only give out 1300 numbers and no direct contacts.

If I had known what I know now I would have not signed with this company. Unfortunately we have and we are stuck now with this lousy service and a system that 10 days after installation we can not access or monitor. Be very wary and careful dealing with AuSSolar.
We paid a deposit for our system and told the sales person we wanted to pay the balance in cash. The sales person said no problem but he never came to pick it up. Under my own steam I deposited the cash into their account at their bank. We have never been given an invoice showing we had paid the account and we have never heard from anyone from their company. They have very poor after sales service and we would not recommend them to change a light bulb in future. Show additional information