Blu Sky Solar Reviews

About Blu Sky Solar, Solar Installers

Blu Sky Solar is an Adelaide based company specializing in solar energy and solar hot water systems. They say that they only use products that meet Australian standards, and that their installers are all CEC accredited. The company uses ET solar panels and says that by using a more powerful panel you need have less panels on your roof, with the same output, lowering installation cost, better light absorption and high efficiency. Blu Sky Solar says that their panels come with a 25 year output warranty, and a 10 year materials and workmanship warranty. The panels are IEC61215 and IEC61730 accredited. The company uses Sunny Boy, Power-One Aurora, Xantrex GT and Samil Solar River series inverters. Customer testimonials for Blu Sky Solar are available, and include the following: “We signed up for solar and within six days our system was installed. A great experience.” “The installers did a good job with the installation and were very professional in their conduct and performance of work.” “Honest no frills and no hard sell tactics were main reason, since sale follow up has been good and installation was prompt, including new ETSA import/export meter.”

Blu Sky Solar Solar Reviews

Installed in Nov 2012. The installers were very rough (damaged the roof and guttering and left components behind), unreliable and the communication with Blu Sky and, ultimately, to me was appalling. As I write this (July 2014) the inverter is showing an error message and I may have to replace it for the fifth time.

This would have to rate as the worst, most sustained, consumer experience I've had. I cannot explain why the company has such a good reputation here. I hope I can get warranty work through a different installer/supplier.
We found Paul from Blu Sky Solar very genuine with his advice & follow up service. He was a real gentleman & a man who stuck by his word. We would highly recommend this solar company above all others because of their high standards not only in their installation but also their business ethics. Show additional information
Great service!
Easy to talk to!
Gave you options and they didn't talk you in to anything!
Did all the work for you!
Very quick!
Great work :) !!!!
Would highly recommend anyone to go through this company. Had no hassles from the word go, everything was organised and ran on time and fitted right into the budget. Excellent company. Show additional information
Dear Nick and crew at Blu sky,

Thank you for the receipt and our kindest regards for the brilliant, efficient service and installation of our solar system. We are thrilled with the overall service and assistance we received from Nick selling us the unit to the installation by your friendly, prompt installers. Our recommendation for your company would be gladly given to anyone looking for solar.

Regards
Sharon and Tony
Blu Sky Solar made it so easy for me to understand solar and were so friendly with no pressure, I will highly recommend them in the future! Show additional information
We got faranda solar and electrical, and from the time i contacted him he came straight out,and discussed the deal with us ,and had the installation done within 2 weeks,we are very pleased with the service,and price,we would recommend them to others. Show additional information
I found BluSky to be very solicitous, and they held my hand all the way through the process from initial consult to installation. No heavy selling, and genuine discussion of the options. Solar has been working for 3 days, and performing above spec in spite of shading issues that I need to deal with. Very highly recommended. Show additional information
The salesman from NOW Energy recommended I install Micro inverters but the salesman from Blue Sky said they weren't very robust and that they had recently stopped using them because of replacements frequency. I had a Growatt inverter fitted because both agreed they were acceptable and " Did the Job". The Micro inverter system was around $9K and the one I ended up with was nearly half that amount. I still don't know if I have installed the right system but it certainly cost less than my mates' system that cost him approx $8K or so. Looking forward to my power bill and then I can say more. Show additional information
After doing the research with soalr quotes and other sites and deciding to go with a micro ac system after almost a year since install there was an early failure of 1 micro unit in the 1st month (I had added that into to my original research of the possibility) but replacement was quick and easy. All the information supplied by Kyle and Blu Sky was correct and it has even been surpassed with a full 10 kw generated at stages from east west facing panels. I've had to pay no bills from time of install and no bills in winter (even with the electricity company putting their prices up again) summer is looking like a time for some nice records and no bill shock. Show additional information
Was a little bit miffed when he said he would 'throw in the Bluetooth for me' then when I read up on the manufactures webpage and discovered that all there units came with Bluetooth standard.

Installers did a fast tidy job.

I had a huge headache with the GGG as they came out and quoted me first and put in for my solar credits, then I had to go to the GGG head office with a stat dec signed stating that I didn't want them to do my install!!!
Still waiting on install, hopefully in the near future. Show additional information
The main reason I went with Blusky Solar was their promise to install the system within 1-2 weeks of signing the contract. I should have known this was too good to be true. The install instead took about 6 weeks.

The installation contractors were a mess, they came 5 hours late on a Friday so some of the job had to be postponed to the Monday after. They never showed up on Monday and after many calls came to finish their job about 2 weeks later.

Hopefully the system will perform better.
Blu Sky Solar are hands down excellent. Don't hesitate to inquire. Here's why....

We purchased a 5KW APS Micro Inverter system from them a while ago at a truly great price. In an AC micro inverter system each panel is individually tracked, optimised and any problems are easily identified and isolated only to the panels involved, unlike in a DC system where it can affect the entire string. They work in very low light. Often referred to as an "AC system" they are consequently safer as well.

It's great for our power bill. It produces decent power even when it's quite overcast. It even produces power when it's raining!

APS Micro Inverters also have a 25 year warranty.

No installation is required on the side of the house, just a small Energy Communications Unit (ECU) plugged into an existing wall socket inside. The ECU connects to our home wi-fi. We monitor our system directly with a PC or laptop, it's updated every 5 mins. The ECU also connects to the APS website where we have a personal account that gives us a plethora of info about our system. This includes detailed performance graphs, overall and/or each individual panels, daily and over it's lifetime... even an animation of the panels' energy production over any day selected! Quite incredible. Any issues can easily be identified... to the exact panel, day and time it occurred!

Blu Sky's rep was friendly and not pushy. Blu Sky produced the best panel outlay design and not only were they were quite knowledgeable about microinverter systems when we inquired... they were positioned to supply the system with quality ET panels at an excellent price. All the warranties offered were as good as anybody else's, if not better.

The installation crew were professional and efficient, the quality of the materials and workmanship was excellent. We would give them 5 out of 5 except they made a small change to the original design for convenience sake and we have had some minor qualms as to the impact of these changes. Whilst we are not sure as to the exact amount we are confident it is of little significance (if any) overall. And being a micro-inverter system it is confined to only a couple of panels and not the whole string. Just make sure you are fully informed as to the ramifications of any change to the original plan in regards to shading and power generation.

After service has been great since the installation, which was about a fortnight after signing. Not long after, whilst monitoring the system online, we detected a panel failure and it was promptly and cheerfully addressed. A bit later the ECU failed and APS showed such concern they express freighted a new one and paid to have the old one freighted back.

We were tardy with this review but it's given us a chance to say so far that we have nothing but praise for Blu Sky Solar; in both the sale and follow up service, and are very happy we went with them.

Very well informed, friendly and helpful from the first call to the commissioning of the system. Very professional operation. Very happy to recommend to anyone looking for a no nonsense system, good price and excellent service. Love your work!!
Ian
Blu Sky Solar were very easy to deal with, very friendly, quick to respond to any questions and understood our needs. I wouldn\'t hesitate to recommend them to any of our friends or family. Show additional information
One of my panels failed shortly after installation. I phoned the supplier (Blu Sky) and they quickly arranged to have a replacement panel installed and the system reinstated. I had failed to notice that the system was down as the inverter was on the far side of the house where I do not often go . Perhaps thought should be given to providing a monitoring device which could be mounted internally and thus easily visible from a high traffic area inside the house. Show additional information
Still waiting for our first power bill since the installation. Hoping it reflects well. Show additional information
. Show additional information
We had many qoutes most cheaper and some dearer but Brett the sales person was the reason we chose Blue Sky and up to now we are more than Happy. Show additional information
Were very helpful in coordinating installation during construction of new home and completing installation in stages. Show additional information
BlySky installed our system 12/12/12 within 5 days of payment, in the first 6 months our 5kW system has generated over 3,300kW at an average 18kW per day.

Thankfully ETSA took 3 months to supply the new meter so when we were generating the most power over summer months, the exported power was turning our meter backwards and we were getting full value for the exported power. Now we get 75% rebate of the import price for the power we export, but we try to use as much of our daily consumption when the sun is providing our power (washing machine, dishwasher etc) so it is free energy!
Our first power bill was $500 less than the previous bill so the system is doing what we needed it to do.

Wayne only supplied 2 of the 4 LED light globes promised on the website when we signed up, but they work well...
The performance of the system advised by Blu Sky has exceeded their projections by more than 25%
Blu Sky Solar made the whole daunting process just so easy, from the initial interview (personal visit in home) to the quotation price, handling the various approval and installation processes, to the final installation by fully qualified local installers. Everything was done quickly and efficiently. High quality equipment was provided at a competitive price. Overall an excellent experience. Show additional information
Have not had system installed as yet but it will go ahead next week. Installers were quick to book job within 1 week of contract signing. Nick from Blue Sky Solar has been a pleasure to deal with - sound advice with no hard sell. Very refreshing. Show additional information
Nick Annese certainly knew what it was all about and offered a number of options to consider. A very professional operation and I was provided with a comprehensive technical package which is clear and concise to understand.

RTC Electrical, who were contracted to carry out the installation, were very courteous and carried out a top quality job.

I would recommend anyone to consider Blu-Sky Solar as their preferred supplier/installer.
One of the 3 installers given to me never replied. Blue sky Solar answered promptly and sent a rep. to give me all the details etc.It seemed a good deal so I signed up with him.
It was installed a few weeks later and they arranged for the meter to be put in and so far everything seems OK. Will have to wait for Electricity account and hopefully find it is paying off
Blu Sky were very at attentive and the sales consultant was very thorough and informative.
Installers very professional.
I complained in writing, with photos, about the poor aspects of the installation. The manager rang me personally to discuss, and offered to arrange for the installers to remedy the items. However, I considered the installation errors so fundamental that I fixed them myself and rejected the offer, given the risk the installers would in fact do more damage. Many customers would not be able to critique installation work, let alone fix it themselves.

This continues to be a 'cowboy' industry, where short cuts are common, particularly in supervision by the certification holders.
One of the 3 suppliers chosen by SolarQuotes - Blu Sky Solar - did not contact us. Show additional information
It was a very quick process and although we were left feeling a little bit overwhelmed by all the information on what we needed to do the main part of the process was relatively painless.

The before sales service was great and I thank them for that, but I still feel in the dark what's best for us now and feel that more after sales service is definitely required.
Very impressed - have recommended to family and friends. Show additional information
The sales consultant was fantastic. Very friendly, on time for his appointment. Explained solar power and the systems very clearly and was happy to answer all my questions to my satisfaction. After signing the contract, he promptly responded to calls to his mobile with any queries I had. The installers were also very friendly, informative and on time. They carried out their work efficiently and effectively and cleaned up before leaving. I am now hopefully awaiting a pleasant surpprise when my first power bill arrives.
Thank you Finn for all your assistance in providing 3 quotes and answering my solar questions.
I lodged an online enquiry on 16/7/2012. Within an hour I had one response and by the next day three! I also had a recommendation for another company from a friend, they wanted to do everything via email, they couldnt be bothered coming out.

However Nick came to see us on the morning of the 18/7/2012 and by that evening we had decided to go with Blu Sky. Their presentation was very informed and businesslike so we transferred the $500 deposit.

On the 25/7/2012 our 20 x 250 ET panels and SMA Sunnyboy inverter were installed by a very professional team, and once again the paperwork left behind was extremely professional.

So a week from woe to go, excellent equipment, incredible service, in fact I cannot think of one thing they could have done better!
Now if only they were able to re program my meter!!!! We will have to wait and see how long the power company takes!
Paul from Blu Sky was excellent. I would recommend them to other people. Show additional information
I obtained so many quotes and had so much information to wade through it was becoming too large a task for the short time frame available. I spoke with Finn from Solar Quotes who helped me make sense of all the information I had. Without him I would have given up. I then went to Blu Sky solar who were fantastic. They explained the systems and visited the site (none of the other companies wanted a site visit) and whilst they were not the cheapest I have confidence in the company and the product. Show additional information
The salesperson was okay and the system I bought was a little over priced compare to the other companies who advertised every day in the paper. The only reason I went for this company is they gave me a little discount on the gross amount. It's been nearly 4 weeks and no sign of the new meter which I can understand due to this company got paper work wrong and it was late sending it in.
My biggest issue was the INSTALLERS. They arrived with the wrong panels for a start then on top of that the small brackets were not matching color of the panels and the workers had the gall to say that they are unable to put all panels in the area which the salesperson had measured up and said they will fit perfectly in the required area. I said NO and stated the required contract with the design of the amount of panels shown. I must have been the unlucky one to cop these cowboys of who salesperson said do 80 installations a week and do all work for all the solar companies. After the installers left I rang the company salesperson and said my piece of the whole experience which didn't get much reaction from him. I had to ring the roof tiler who only 2 weeks ago did all my ridge capping to call in and check the the amount of broken tiles. He came that evening and found 10 tiles broken the gutters will require painting. My bottom line on the whole experience is if I had to do it again I would have save myself heaps of money and went for the cheapest price I could find because the installers would have been the same ones.
Still awaiting notification from ETSA re: smart meter installation, so I am not receiving
any benefit as yet. I think I will be chasing ETSA pretty soon.
I did not get 3 quotes but only 1 quote instead. Johnny from Blue Sky Solar was very quick in getting back to me in making an appointment to give me a quote. He came on the weekend and spent over an hour on the quote and answering our queries. He was friendly and helpful and explained well. I was impressed. I considered his quote reasonable as I also have asked my friends on the prices of their solar installation and so had a rough idea of how much they would cost. The two guys that came to do the installation of the solar panels and the inverter did a good job. Show additional information
We were happy with the service from all sales staff. Show additional information