Power Smart Industries

Power Smart Industries Reviews

Power Smart Industries is a Solar Power Installation company based in Milton and serves QLD. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Power Smart Industries Reviews (14)

3.8/5

Sub Standard Installation Quality, Does Not Meet Aus Standards, Poor Aftersales Support, 2months post installation and system still not functioning

Initial Impressions were good, after receiving alternative quotes and performing my own due diligence, Power Smart Industries appeared to offer reasonable value and were the most hungry for the business, they were not the cheapest nor the dearest. They appeared to review reasonably well and their proposal was one of the better that I had received detailing production estimates etc.

I decided to proceed with Power Smart Industries and the communication was reasonable throughout the scheduling of the project. Their installation team were friendly and respectful. I assume the project was underestimated by their sales force as it took a total of three days to complete the installation although only one day was allocated initially. A little frustrating at the time but no real concern.

Post installation I noticed the production of my system was considerably lower than what was estimated. This concern was raised with with them and their response was due to "Shading". While this is a valid comment, their proposal states the following:

ASSUMPTIONS & DISCLAIMER
2 Energy Output is calculated based on historical solar irradiance at the given location. A typical meteorological year is selected using statistical methods. Factors including panel tilt, orientation (azimuth), and system efficiency are taken into account.

3 System efficiency is estimated to account for losses caused by a variety of factors. These factors include intermittent shading, cable losses, dirt, scheduled downtime, manufacturer tolerances, inverter efficiency for DC to AC (this does not affect off-grid DC only systems), battery round trip efficiency, and other factors.

Naturally you would assume that the performance that they have predicted would be relatively accurate, not an average of 23% less than the quoted production.

The second performance concern that is yet to be addressed is the peak performance of the system. The highest peak output that the system has offered since installation is 4.61KW (62% of system capacity). This in itself is an anomaly, typically peak outputs per day are typically much lower and are well under 4KW. Once again, I have been informed this is "normal" while my personal research would suggest otherwise.

My concerns have continued to be fobbed off, so to eliminate any further argument and ambiguity I engaged a third party to perform an audit of the system at my cost. In short, the system has not been installed inline with Australian Standards with a number of safety hazards, the overall installation quality is poor and the system has not been installed to offer the best performance possible (as suspected). Ultimately the for the system to be installed to a satisfactory standard, the entire system requires reinstallation.

After receiving my first power bill it was the highest it has ever been as the solar system was not isolated as I awaited a meter upgrade, nor did they advise Energex of the installation. As such, the system has negatively impacted two months of power bills and no STC credits are payable. Ironically, on the day of handover I was advised by them that I did not need to do anything and the system is now active which I now know is incorrect.

I am now at my witts end and will be seeking a full refund for the system and have engaged the ACC to intervene to achieve a satisfactory outcome.
We purchased a 6.6kW system from this company and all went very well. Salesman was helpful. Installers were fantastic. Highly recommend.
Very quick to get the system installed and paid for, but have a problem like we did and It took almost 3 months for them to replace faulty parts, so we went without solar for all that time, promises were made about compensation but nothing has been done. The company is very hard to contact, will not ring you back no matter how many recorded messages you leave, will not answer any of their phone numbers, just goes to messages. I could not recommend this company at all for after sales service,
Great service and great sale guy, explain everything in details, install was quick. Recommend to anyone.
Our whole experience with PowerSmart Industries has been nothing short of just a great experience
I was referred to Powersmart from previous customers who were very happy and I can say with confidence I’ve got no hesitation referring Powersmart to anyone thinking of installing a solar system
I've been trying to contact them to discuss why my electricity bills are so high after installation and there's been no response. After sale service is pretty poor or non-existent. Very keen to get your money upfront though.
I am a customer of this company and as the service and installation was so high I now work for them.
Extremely Professional in all aspects of customer service and installation as well after sales service.
Rob and his team were extremely informative, they discussed my options and were honest about the best possible price and quality of panels. They offered me a free WiFi upgrade to my inverter, were so friendly and quick with the installation and gave the best warranties. Could not be more pleased
We have been unable to contact the agent Inger Bertram-Blacklock or the company. Phones ring out.

After sales is pathetic. I would not recommend doing business with this company
James was of great help as he explained everything about how solar can be saving me on my electricity. I found other companies had hidden costs and additional charges that were hidden until I knew what questions to ask. The price was the best by far and say that the system is working perfectly.
I was refereed to this company through a neighbor in my street who also had a good experience with them. They are not a big company but seem to be very well organized and everyone I have dealt with has been lovely, and they were competitive to any other quote that I found.
They had the best salesperson by a long shot, who could actually show me how my house used power and what I had to do if I put solar on myself. All the other companies where trying to just show me their products but Powersmart focused on my bill not their panels.
The guys that came on the day were also very pleasant to deal with, an the owner even came out and had a chat as the install was happening.
I don't usually leave reviews for companies but since they are a family business and have been so good to myself and my neighbours I thought I would.
Did a great job of installation very neat and tidy.