Commodore Australia Reviews

About Commodore Australia, Solar Installers

Commodore Australia

Commodore Australia is dedicated to alternative energy; from Solar Pumps to Off Grid solar power systems and everything in between. We focus on high quality products without the big brand mark ups. Our showroom is based in Shepparton, regional Victoria (approx 2hrs north of Melbourne) - you’re welcome to come and visit. Our products are also available from our online store & we can ship to just about anywhere in Australia. Trade sales are welcomed.

With a focus on renewable energy systems, Commodore Australia was founded in 2005 to offer domestic and industrial alternatives to expensive mains power and engine driven running costs for applications such as remote pumping and living needs. Founder Boyd Dainton started in the electronics business in Shepparton in 1975, his last company was publically listed in Singapore. Although Boyd comes from a science background, he has specialised in sourcing high quality and cost effective imports from the USA, Japan, Taiwan and China for more than 40 years.

Commodore Australia Solar Reviews

Terrible customer service

Purchased a generator they import with a 2 wire remote start to work with the remote start function our off grid system has.

We had nothing but problems from the start from failing to freight When they said they would, the product failing in the first 10 minutes of operation, sending the incorrect replacement then spending weeks rectifying that issue, failing to a ever have anyone available to talk to me when I called and failing to return my messages before finally walking away from their failed product leaving me with a boat anchor.

I'm sure they are easy enough to deal with when the goings good but as soon as there is an issue it all changes.

Buyer beware!
I was just reading some of the comments from those who had a bad experience. I'm talking about the Commodore in Shepparton (and a branch in Gippsland?) in case there's another Commodore and I've got the wrong company... my experience was nothing short of excellent!

Here's how it went form me... Commodore was recommended by a neighbour. I already had quotes from a couple of suppliers and so I cut and pasted what I wanted to commodore. I wanted something around 5 kW, with a 10'ish kWh battery. I'm off grid, no 'poles and wires', on a small farm.

Someone in an earlier comment said it was hard to contact Commodore? Well I bugged poor Linden for days! Email, phone... he always replied within the hour if not immediately, and if he was out of the office someone else got back to me instead. They didn't miss a beat! We live in Victoria, so I even took a drive to Shepparton to have a sticky, and to chat to Dave who was building the electrical/electronics panel. I was wanting to fit the panel into a weird shaped pre-existing cabinet (my old solar) and Dave had things sitting on a large bench with angled bits of wood and the diagram I sent in email. On the day, it slotted into the cabinet like a real one! ;-)

The commodore office and workshop had people everywhere. Some at desks, some loading and unloading, some pre-building electronics panels, some shaping what I guess were solar panel supports, some playing with water pumps (they also sell pumps). Everyone chatted to me, it had the feel of a family run business.

Anyway, the old system came down and the new one went up. That was about 2 months ago, and I am one happy chappy! The electronics/electricals are Victron. I've got an app that shows me the state and current activities in the system, I've got the diesel genny (that my wife has nicknamed Donald!) doing a test run on Sundays at 11am, and if ever my wifi goes down, I get a txt message from somewhere in the Victron cloud that tells me that the system is uncontactable!!!

Looking back, I'm so glad I didn't come to this site looking for reviews, because I might have hesitated! If anyone is looking for a system and reading this, just call them for a chat. It can't hurt, and hopefully you'll get the same feel for the company that I got.

Cheers!
We purchased a Hybrid Solar Pump from Commodore, after much research including looking a big brands.
Based on our understanding product was so similar as big names, at lot less cost, we decided to take the plunge.
Since we have installed pump in our recently drilled bore, we have been delighted with the results, performing above expectations.
On the one occasion we did need to call Commodore we found the courteous and very helpful
I have to say there offering proved to be above expectation, and there approach open and honest, having no doubts in recommending them.
I would not recommend this company, no amount of money would, we have had our system 9 months and it is still not working properly. We have tried to get answers but they do not return phone calls. We told them that our new washing machine will not work they said they had no idea why. There is no back up from them at all maybe there will be when we start legal action which we have been told we have a good case to go with. Do not use this company. We are really mad with them after spending over 20 grand and it is not working properly

Sincere apologies if you had an issue and couldn’t reach us by phone. We are here 9am to 6pm, Mon to Fri.

We are most certainly here to help, and if you have any ongoing issues please come in and see us in store, or contact us by email or phone.

If need be we can visit your site , and remote support is available for free (during the warranty period) over the internet if you have access.

Our customers are very important to us, and we make every effort to give thorough support as needed.

We endeavour to get back to all the missed calls and messages left, again sincere apologies if we have missed a call or message left from you.

We pride ourselves on happy customers.
I bought an off grid system from commodore, being an electrical engineer I already knew most of my requirements, however it gave me great peace of mind to see that the designers at Commodore really knew their products and were able to provide a custom made system to suit. Show additional information
Very Bad customer service too many faults refuse to replace. Would not recommend this company Show additional information