Down South Solar Power Reviews

About Down South Solar Power, Solar Installers

Down South Solar Power are a locally owned and operated company committed to providing renewable energy to residential and commercial customers in south west Australia. Our solid reputation is framed by two principles: our focus on affordable, quality-designed solar systems, and excellent customer service. We believe it is our job to stay up-to-date with current industry trends and developments which enables us to provide you the optimal solar system at a competitive price.

We offer quality products to create and produce a reliable solar system to meet your needs using only qualified, reliable installers. We install micro-inverter technology as well as traditional DC power and we service what we install.

Down South Solar Power Solar Reviews

A vast amount of variety in the systems that are available, so was difficult to be sure of the best way to go. The quotes had a variety of brands, but within each brand (Jinko for example) there are many variants. So if two quotes are for "Jinko" panels, which is best as the part number (Variant) is not specified. Show additional information
Finn's solar quote website is just great, so much information, you can read the high level or get into the specifics. I kept referring back and used the questions he suggested, which all the installers were familiar as I'm sure I'm not the only one. Ultimately I purchased a good quality system I hope Fronius Symo (3 phase) with 17 x LG 300w panels from Down South Solar. This will achieve bit over 5kw, and we have the capacity to add more panels if we find we need them. I was looking really hard at the Jinko Maxim's but just kept getting mixed comments from suppliers. Looking forward to system being installed Show additional information
Very happy with the installation and solar system. Lana and the electricians were friendly and helpful, especially altering the power isolation's times to suit our needs during the installation. Show additional information
Love being able to see on our phone how our solar system is running. Show additional information
Don't know if value for money have not had bill yet, Seems like quality system though we only got one quote, Bit of confusion salesman said we can have system on garage direct company installers said its going on house roof had to ring to confirm, my partner had to wait to get system explained two organised visits missed ,early days though and we wanted to go local Show additional information
When my wife and I started shopping for Solar Power for our home, we were totally ignorant, of what was out there. All we new was,... we wanted a Solar Power System!! .We were unaware of the types of systems, the quality of the products, and the type of system that would suit the requirements of our home. Thank you Finn, for your unbiased Website, that explained all the ins, and outs to us, in everyday language.
After thoroughly researching all the choices available, we then felt confident enough to get three quotes, for the system that we wanted, from companies that were recommended, through the website.
Without the help from "Solar Quotes", I believe, we would not have been able to choose the correct system for our home.
Many thanks to Finn, and the team. Highly recommend !!. R & L Coe Eaton WA.
This was a fronius inverter and 10 lg 320 watt panels. Show additional information
Expert and careful installers. Show additional information
We did have cheaper quotes however, as we live in the country we were very mindful of after sales service and any hidden travel costs that could be incurred should the need arise.
Also by buying local we are supporting local.
Our Salesman was honest and to the point without bogging us down with statistics. As well, he did a thorough check on accessibility to the work area, metre box and appropriate area for the inverter before he came inside to discuss our options.
One further factor that we appreciated was that there was no pressure phone calls pressing us for our decision.
Down South Solar Power were prompt with their ability to come to the property and quote for the supply/install. But more importantly than that; they were the one sales people who identified that we required the highest quality panels as we live right on the ocean . No one else even acknowledged the fact of how harsh the environment is next to the ocean. Show additional information
Of the three quotes received one supplier would not quote for micro inverters therefore there quote was rejected. Show additional information
Don't buy cheap, look at product and future possible enhancements ( battery compatible), mirco inverter, etc. Show additional information
I have had a lot of different companies send their rep to give me a quote, and most of them have been that typical salesperson. I have done a lot of research on solar myself, so when a salesperson talks rubbish I can pick it. Down South Solar was the first time we have honest and true quote done, and was very happy with their customer service. Giving me a few different options. I would recommend them to any of my friends. Show additional information
I was slightly disappointed that down south solar power didn't first pop up in the quotes; rather companies that had two hours of travel got in before.

I had a great experience meeting the team and was very happy with their fast and minimal set-up. Local, knowledgeable, great on price. I really can't recommend them enough!
The sales person (Kat) was knowledgeable about the product and was up front in telling us the system we originally wanted was too big for our needs, saving us money, also any queries I had I could ring her mobile and she would get back to me within 20 minutes.
The system is being installed tomorrow so hopefully things will keep running smoothly
Solarquotes was a fantastic way to get information from different sources in an efficient manner. Highly recommended! The fact that they arranged quotes for me, without me having to go searching all over the place, was a great service to me. I was then able to speak to different people / installers and ask questions which broadened my knowledge and helped me choose the best package for me. Show additional information
Mick and Russel from Down South Solar Power (Bunbury WA) seem like genuine Aussie blokes. They installed at Pinjarra even though they are based at Bunbury at no extra cost. I researched their products and they are amongst the best. I think it's probably a little more pricey than others but we did not have one hassle with them whatsoever. It was so easy and they seemed really honest. They kept in contact until installation and were trustworthy enough to fully install before I even paid the deposit (lucky we are honest too!). They did all the paperwork and arranged Western Power to change over our meter.
Crazy if you don't consider.