GoSolar Newcastle

GoSolar Newcastle Reviews

GoSolar Newcastle is a Solar Power Installation company based in Newcastle and serves NSW. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

GoSolar Newcastle Reviews (93)

4.2/5

4.4/5

Very happy

Helpful all throughout the process. Turned up on time when they said they would. Neat and tidy installation. Would not hesitate to recommend.

Very happy with our new solar system

1. The sales/quoting process was very efficient. Salesperson on time, quotation arrived by email that evening.
2. Installation was booked in within about 3 weeks. Installers arrived at 7.30am and all was finished by about 1pm same day. They were very tidy.
3. Customer service was good - good explanation of the system, app etc. Grid connection fine. We are now just waiting for our electricity supplier to connect us.

Very pleased with choice

Had two quotes presented. Both were professional and helpful, and provided similar prices for similar configurations (Enphase/LG). However could only accept one and went for the system with the slightly higher spec panels.
The installation went without hitch and was completed in 3-4 hours. Could not be happier with the install team and the end product.
The energy provider installed the smart switch two and a half weeks after solar panels were installed. The system has been working well since then without incident.

Original Review on 14-01-2020:

Very professional

Face to face sales & quote which I preferred.
The installation great turned up on the day at the time organised light shower of rain caused a slight holdup.
Customer service 10 out 10.

8 months later we asked Robert: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I'll happily have them back for future expansions!

I was provided with several configurations to choose from and they were accommodating and flexible to my requests.
The quoting, installation and were painless and they were good to deal with.

They had the sharpest pricing for a premium system (approx $1,500 cheaper than next quote for same system).

Visited and listened

GoSolar was the only installer who visited ourproperty to inspect. We were looking for quality and longevity. He listened and answered all our questions promptly. During COVID19 the company kept us informed of happenings and set an installation date which they kept to. They maintained social distancing ( important as we have a 92 year old father living with us. They were polite and prompt. We are enjoying reading the power performance according to enphase and organising power usage accordingly. We are waiting on grid connection at present.

Great company to deal with

Excellent customer service. Very responsive. Onsite consultation a service not offered but many solar companies . Great products .quality system.
Booked installation day, installed large system in half a day. Very smooth process. Excellent experience alround.

Profressional service and installation

Process from qoutation to installation was smooth and efficient - excellent team work!

Original Review on 09-04-2019:

8 months later we asked Paul: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Its been great

Original Review on 28-03-2019:

Very happy with the experience and the team at Go Solar Newcastle. Only issue now is waiting for Energy Australia to change the meter, now four weeks. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Greg: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Having had our system around nine months, I’m happy, but looking forward to the summer months to get a full perspective. Some times I have expected better performance but overall I’m happy with the system, and the one time I have reached out to our installer for advice I got a response in next to no time, so I would definitely recommend Go Solar Newcastle for their installation and after sales service.

Extremely helpful

All went extremely smoothly.

The installation was uneventful with a likeable and professional team. They also organised the grid connection.

Thank you for making the whole process so easy.

Bob Cuffe.

Original Review on 05-12-2018:

Time taken for retailer to install new meter is dragging on. Promised next week 1 month after system installed. All those sunny days lost. Original ratings

8 months later we asked DENIS: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes but I made need to covertly remove a very large tree on road reserve to improve output during winter.
We were very pleased with the whole process, from sales to installers. We would highly recommend GoSolar to any prospective buyer.

Original Review on 28-09-2018:

8 months later we asked A: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, performance met my expectations, however I feel roof placement of panels is very important especially if no storage battery part of the system.

Original Review on 16-09-2018:

Some Solar companies would not come out to quote, only quoting online.
Go Solar were very professional and came out to my home and made it a personal decision.

8 months later we asked Barbara: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system at this time has performed above our expectations
We would of liked to know that our electricity provider had to install the meter box instead of Go Solar. They have been quite slow and uninformative, as soon as they found out we had Solar power they put the price up. Could you please give any suggestions what to do? Regards Geoff
My solar array has now been installed for 2 months and Energy Australia seem unable to install a net meter as they only sent a level 1 asp who was unable to complete job. Further discussion revealed that EA don’t have any level 2 asp’s in my city ( Newcastle , 6th largest city in Australia ). I am currently engaging an independent level 2 asp to do work but requires me to start at the beginning. Don’t expect any resolution for another month or so. Shouldn’t be this difficult.
You get what you pay for.
The installation happened very fast. Felt quite overwhelmed with the amount of written information - hard to figure out what was required and what was 'extras'. Communication was difficult by phone, and all done via email - I really wanted to speak with someone and ask a a series of questions, but this didn't seem to be a possibility.
The system is in place but not yet working as the energy company has sent unqualified technicians out to finalise - I understand this is not the issue of the installer. But at this stage I am not able to comment on the quality of the system as it is not yet functional.
Origin Energy notified prior installation, again afterwards, unable to locate documents which then resubmitted.
Now have to wait their attendance 'within 30 working days' from receiving documents to activate the system.
Process hard to understand causing seemingly unnecessary delays.
So the system remains inactive at this stage.

Original Review on 27-04-2018:

Everything went well until the installation was "complete". The provision of quotes, the prices, sales follow-up, competitive package, component quality, installer performance, and response times to emails were all excellent. The disappointing issues relate to communication and failure to know what to do to arrange net metering.

I cannot understand how a major Newcastle-based solar installer in April 2018 can fail to know what is necessary to arrange net metering in NSW after the changes introduced on 1 December 2017. I was told by the installer (the boss in the office, not the electricians on site) that his practice was to send a completion report to AusGrid and they took care of metering and that he did not deal with retail providers. However, the requirement is that installers advise the retail provider (with a very specific form for Origin, as I discovered) who then arranges a level 2 Authorised Service Provider to attend to the metering. This became a messy business, causing stress and resulting in delays (metering still has not been done). For all I know, every other customer with installation performed by this company since the policy change may still be waiting for metering!

8 months later we asked Peter: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system certainly has performed to my expectations. I chose the enphase system of individual inverters because of a significant shading effect. On suitably sunny days, I now see a rapid rise to maximum performance, this value held for hours of steady production (during which our as yet only battery is fully charged and we send significant excess to the grid) followed by a precipitous drop as the shade quickly covers the panels.

Our panels are located to face 3 different directions. The individual control ensures that whenever any panel is in sun, it produces well.

The use of quality components, individual inverters (panel control, maximising effectiveness) and some battery capacity to effectively stretch our saved energy into the shaded part of the day, has ensured good performance.

I will add that our installers returned to quickly install a dongle when we took an extended holiday and had turned our internet connection off. This enabled us to continue to monitor the system's performance from afar. The monitoring and reporting features of the installed system are a real plus, enabling us to know that out expectations are being met.
Go Solar are a very professional company and did everything they said they would, when they said they would. Highly recommended.
See what made me choose them section.

Original Review on 18-01-2018:

we haven't had it installed yet Happy to review once installed Original ratings

Value for money: N/A
Quality of System: N/A
Installation: N/A
Customer Service: N/A

8 months later we asked Amy: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes the solar system we have installed is working very well. We are very happy with our purchase. We have not had any problems.
24 Pv 330w AC Enphase/LG Neon 2
Enphase S270 Microinverters
PV EnvoyS Comms/Control/Consumption & Production Monitoring Unit

1 Enphase AC Battery 1.2 KWh

Already had a 30 tube Evacuated Solor hot water system fitted
After 3 weeks since installation we are still waiting for a solar meter. I called AGL on the day of installation and have had to chase up 5 times before being asked to contact another company called Activestream who have given me an ETA of the 5th June. GoSolar Newcastle has told me not to turn in the solar and battery system until the meter change has been done, with the beautiful sunny days we have been having it is a little frustrating having such an expensive investment on our roof that we can’t turn on.
Very happy with the system so far. Obtained half a dozen quotes and GoSolar Newcastle were one of the few that bothered to come out to discuss the system.
I wasn't interested in going with a company outside of Newcastle because I think they would give better after sales service and I believe in keeping things local as far as I can.

Original Review on 19-03-2017:

Good advice from Sales Person. Installing subcontractor here on time with people who knew their work. Monitoring system with enphase excellent. Warranty statements given on Panels & Enphase but not particularly from GoSolar but follow up from GoSolar re monitoring was very good. Happy with overall performance and would use them again for expansion of system and battery installation. Please use my Christian name only on your website. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Ross: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I asked for 7 quotes (6 responses) from various suppliers but only one made a site visit to discuss the options open to me. All of the others used Google Earth to demonstrate panel positioning on the roof some of which would not physically fit! A couple only offered a site visit after I had paid the deposit. Some of the quotes were very light on information being just a page with 4 lines, panel price, inverter price and installation cost then the total- not much to work with there! A face to face meeting every time for me. Very important to be able to ask direct questions and get an immediate answer and clarification, if required, to make a decision on a substantial financial investment. I have no hesitation in recommending Gosolar Newcastle to install and monitor a solar power system.
The quote was comparable with others but included a battery for free. The system was very quickly installed and a few teathing problems with electronics were quickly dealt with. There was a delay in replacing the electricity meter so we could start to get credit for our surplusses. This was due to an issue with the network operator. GoSolar were always prompt and couteous and efficient to deal with. I have all supporting warrantees, contracts, instructions, and a fantastic mobile app to manage the system. The whole experience was better than my expectations.
This company was the only one who came and consulted as to what unit would be best for our needs and followed up on installation
Thanks Finn for helping make the whole process much easier.

Of the 3 quotes we were very happy with our choice and so far the very efficient service. (system installed this week).
Excellent service from all involved

Original Review on 23-11-2016:

The enlighten computer system does not appear to be working OK.....still says using power from grid despite having half full batteries Original ratings

8 months later we asked Steve: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

No....winter time is very poor
Excellent advice from Wayne the Sales Person. Installing subcontractor here on time with people who knew their work. Monitoring system with enphase excellent. Warranty statements given on Panels & Enphase but follow up from GoSolar re monitoring was very excellent. Phoned us when someone turned the switch off in our electrical box whilst house was still being built. Will be adding batteries at a later date after we move in as GoSolar will be monitoring and then advise us how to best use the system. Have recommended their system to 4 people who will be building in our neighborhood.

Original Review on 03-10-2016:

Sales person technically competent and electrical staff and contractors worked together to achieve optimal quality installation.Workmanship excellent and all waste removed from site. Overall a pleasant experience and after sales and installation service first rate.All queries responded to within the hour and resolved ASAP. Not the cheapest per kWh price,but technically advanced top quality products and service to match. So pleased I went with GoSolar Newcastle. Having said that, I believe the other two quotations were competitive and offered good value for money.
Thank you Fenn for pointing me in the right direction on specifications and obtaining quotations from quality suppliers,that took a lot of stress out of the exercise.All completed within three weeks from contacting you and completion and metering of output.

8 months later we asked Michael: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Original Review on 26-09-2016:

They were a bit slow to contact and come out to talk and do a quote, BUT, the system was installed a few days after that. The sales person took Photo's of the switchbox, but when they came out and started to wire it up, we were told that the switchbox would have to be rewired, because it had the old type fuses in it, and the energy inspector would not pass it like it was. This cost a further $1400. I agreed to this, so we are up to date with the new safety rules. BUT, i think this should have been picked up when the sales person did the quote and looked at the switchbox. Other than this , a great transaction. Original ratings

Original Review on 13-07-2016:

Yes above expectations

Original Review on 11-07-2016:

The system was installed on 15/06/2015 and was operational the same day. I can highly recommend GoSolar Newcastle, they delivered what they promised; a high quality solar system at a reasonable price and on the agreed schedule. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Guido: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system performs very well. The savings per quarter are 50% to 60% so far. We only pay for the energy consumed during the dark hours and cloudy days. On days with sunshine the system is sufficient to cover all energy needs (washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, fridge, air-con and pool pump). The EnvoyS consumption & production monitoring unit gave us the opportunity to become smarter with our energy use. It allows as well the installer and manufacturer to remotely monitor the performance of the system.

Original Review on 28-04-2016:

They were not the best price but no hidden costs or Adonis or extras a job well done . Original ratings

8 months later we asked Col : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes the system has very well .my bills have dropped from 250-300 to under $100 just coming into summer now