TCK Solar Reviews

About TCK Solar, Solar Installers

TCK Solar

TCK Solar prides itself on using German-engineered parts to guarantee the quality of its solar panels. Components from the likes of Schletter, SMA, Solon, Kraus and Naimer and Lapp Kabel are used by the company.

TCK Solar appreciates that it is not possible to create a one size fits all approach to solar power, so therefore consults with each customer on the specifics of their project. The firm claims to have the knowledge and expertise to supply clients with their ideal system based on their priorities and budget.

The company also offers advice on feed-in tariffs and government rebates.

TCK Solar Solar Reviews

Great Installation. High Quality Solar System. Great Customer Service.

My Solar System was installed by TCK Solar in September 2019. I'm located in Inner Northern Melbourne and have a two storey house with a gabled, low pitch roof. The northern section of the roof was specifically designed as a 'hip roof' so I could have solar panels facing north.

The 7.36 kW Solar System consists of 23 x SunPower 320 Watt Panels, SolarEdge Power Optimisers and a SolarEdge Inverter. I have 6 panels facing east, 10 panels facing north and 7 panels facing west. All flush to the roof. The panels came with a 25 year Product and Performance Warranty and the Inverter has a 12 year manufacturer warranty. The SunPower Panels are definitely on the expensive side however just about every internet review that I found indicated that they are one of the (… if not the) best solar panels on the market. The SolarEdge Inverter also gets good reviews and I know 4 people that have a SolarEdge Inverter in their system and they have all indicated that they have had no issues with it.

The quote process was pretty straight forward. Timo came out to my house and worked through everything with me and gave me a few options to work with. The Pro Forma Invoice was also good as it laid out quite clearly what the solar system consisted of, the overall price and what TCK Solar would be delivering. Once I paid my deposit Melissa from TCK Solar Customer Service contacted me and I was able to organise an install time a week later.

A 2 day install was organised. This was due to the number of panels involved and the difficulty of the site. I'm on a very narrow block and access to the roof could only be done from the rear of the house so everything had to be carted out the back before it could be lifted up to the roof. The morning of the first day was very wet and windy however TCK Solar were fantastic and did a great job in tough conditions. They also kept me in the loop as to what was going on and worked solidly over the 2 days. On time to start both days and worked until the days job was complete. The electrician on day 2 was also great. He also kept me in the loop and did a great job with the tidy ness of the external conduit cabling. The job was finished about 4pm on the second day. I got our drone up above the roof before sunset so we could have a look at our newly installed solar panels. Everything was ready.

On day 1 there wasn't a cloud in the sky and my new solar system generated 35 KWh for the entire day. It's only mid September so I would expect this to increase closer to the 21st of December. Perhaps 45 KWh per day or more ... ? I'll have to wait and see. I've been able to logon to both my SolarEdge account to see how much power my panels are generating (live data) as well as my CITIPOWER account to see my daily electricity usage (the next day). I am now essentially not using electricity from the grid from about an hour after sunrise to an hour before sunset. This should save me quite a bit of money in the long run. The panels also immediately changed family behaviour. The dishwasher and washing machine are now only operated in daylight hours.

It's very early days however it is looking like a fantastic investment for me ... and money well spent. TCK Solar have done a great overall job and have been fantastic to work with. When there was any sort of issue, like my Inverter not pairing properly with my router, they managed to sort it out very quickly.

The only negatives. The lack of some sort of 'exit' document once the installation was complete. The Pro Forma Invoice was great as it highlighted exactly what was being delivered however there was nothing to sign off on once it was delivered. The Feed In Tariff process is also a bit laborious. It was certainly explained to me verbally however it would have been nice to have this process somewhere in the Pro Forma Invoice or exit document. I'll take the 35 KWh generated on day one over these two 'negatives' any day though!

I'm now aiming to give an annual update to this review to see just how good this system turns out to be.
Great system which was installed in 2009 and paid for itself in about 6 years. Couldn't be happier Show additional information
Our system turns off a lot because the energy supplier (United Energy) puts 253 volts on the incoming line.
Our system turns off when the voltage goes over 252 volts. But comes back on when the voltage drops
TCK is working to get United to fix this.
We installed our system in 2011 and I just realised it will have paid us back in full by mid 2017.
I also just realised I had never got around to writing a review to thank Tim & Timo for this really great system.
It has performed flawlessly all these years thanks I believe to the German Engineering and their expertise.
We are on the premium 66 cent rebate tariff which runs until 2024.
After that we will be looking to add on a Battery Storage system which will be funded by the $3,000 plus return per year we are getting from the premium feed in tariff.
Two of my bosses also put the same system in and they say it is the best investment ever.
I just checked and noticed you don't have any battery storage on your website so I hope you will be selling them by 2024.
I hope this review is helpful to anyone looking to purchase a solar system as it can be overwhelming and one of the biggest problems I found was not knowing who I could trust with honest reliable advice.
I found Tim & Timo to be honest and trustworthy.
Tim was under a bit of stress at the time and lacked a little in keeping me informed as things progressed but he is a really nice person and they did deliver on time.
I should add also they gave me a surprise phone call two years after installation for the free service they promised which I had completely forgotten about.
Thank you once again Tim & Timo I will be in touch for a Battery Storage as soon as the premium Tariff ends.
First class service and excellent quality product. Personal attention was fantastic. Show additional information
I first signed up with Sun Connect based in WA but ended up cancelling my order as I found the sales people extremely pushy and aggressive. I have no reason to suspect they do not have a quality product but found their sales methods not to my liking.

I eventually went with TCK Solar and am happy with the specification and quality of their system although it is a little more expensive than other available systems.
I was after a system that fitted my scope of requirements. That was the basis of the choice of the successful tender. Very specific component requirements and how they were to be installed. TCK solar was th eonly one that catered to such specific specification requirements. Show additional information
We are monitoring our panels daily and think when the days are sunnier and warmer we will be making power beyond our expectations. So far, we are very happy with the output considering we are still in winter. At this stage, considering its almost the end of August and the wettest winter we have experienced in many years, we are more than happy with our product. Today, being 26/8/12, our panels produced 19.40kw. Very happy with that!!! Roll on summer! Show additional information
Thanks for the information you provided in your emails and web site I found this benificial in making this important decision. Show additional information
All of the quotes supplied offered me the cheapest solar panel they have others but no offers were made, my supplier only deals in one solar Solon highest quality I believe available.

There should not be a price difference on colourbond roof and tiles