The Green Power Company Reviews

About The Green Power Company, Solar Installers

The Green Power Company Pty Ltd specialises in the supply, design and installation of solar power products across New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria. It strives to ensure that all its technology is of the highest quality and therefore sets the company apart from its competitors.

The company has a showroom located in Oakleigh East and does its utmost to provide the best possible customer service, as well as flexible and affordable energy solutions.

All solar power installations completed by The Green Power Company Pty Ltd are carried out by solar accredited Master Electricians who are full-time employees of the firm.

The Green Power Company Solar Reviews

The information gained through Solar Quotes was invaluable, but the interaction with the three companies was very mixed.
One could not supply black framed panels. (An estate requirement)
One was expensive but was quick to drop the price when I told him he had not got the job. Should have given me the best price first.
One was VERY late to the party and was not prepared to do any paperwork for submission to the Power company.
We eventually went with The GreenPower Company after a neighbours recommendation. They came out looked at the premises quote with 3 option and we accepted the middle one.
Their punctuality was poor but their work (when they arrived) was very good and they knew what they were doing.
Their after sales service has been good.
The Company installed a 14kW system with 48kWh battery storage (grid tied). They did not follow the guidelines from the distributor (prior to install) by receiving approval to feed-in to the grid - the approval was not provided until approx. 6 months after install. They were very quick and easy to ask for final payment based on 'in good faith' promises to repair anomalies, however 2 years after install have heard only crickets, and they ignore all communication relating to this. To their credit, they did use premium quality products (that I specifically asked and paid for), and the quality of the products is the thing that has kept me reasonably satisfied with the system (although the system does not do what was quoted, terms of performance overall, and in terms of grid-feed-in (where they installed an under-performing Selectronic SPPro inverter). Communications with Selectronic have been fruitless, and the only benefit I gained from communicating with Selectronic was that I learned that the operating/software manual were underdeveloped (and hence could not be relied upon). I have had one warranty type call-out (to replace batteries that had gone awry) - this they attended to within a reasonable timeframe, and did fix the problem properly. I have considered taking this further, however, following a cost benefit analysis, have decided it is not worth the cost (although irksome in terms of principle). I plan to significantly increase the size of this system (> double generation capacity/battery storage), and will not seek a quote from the company for the work (The company management is aware of this missed opportunity). I will also not consider another Selectronic product as part of this upgrade. Show additional information
We had three quotes previously and two more recently but The Green Power Co was the only one to suggest the micro-inverters for better efficiency because our roof is sometimes partially shaded by trees. The Green Power Co installed our system without any problems and so far we are very happy with everything. It's great to watch the solar power production graphs:)
Solarquotes website was certainly very helpful for comparing the panels, inverters and finding more information.
Thank you.
Vera
The jury is out on the installation and its effectiveness until the system is installed early in 2015.
My decision was heavily influenced by a number of residents on our estate who had used our chosen supplier.
The market is clearly crowded and it is not easy for a person to assess the relative costs/benefits of different panels and inverters.
The Green Power Company were and remain a pleasure to deal with. Their installers were professional, all highly qualified in both normal electrical and solar installations fields. They arrived on time and cleaned up at the end of the job. Their head technician was fantastic in running us through everything to do with our installation....board controls & operation , software installs and other sundries. The office staff were brilliant to deal with also which is where many of the other companies fell down badly in their dealing with us as potential customers. And The Green Power Company are a local Melbourne company , so if there are any future issues getting hold of someone for warranty or service calls won't be a problem. They've also been around as an electrical company for a long time before solar power installs were around. Show additional information
So far the experience has been very positive. Excellent customer service and always answered my emails promptly...I had a lot of questions. Show additional information
I have just switched the system on - 14/08/2013 (have been on holidays). It's a bit early to assess the system yet. Sunpower panels were chosen because of the lengthy warranty and they have a bigger output than the other panels we were "shown"so only 7 panels were required. Show additional information
A warning to SA residents who wish to upgrade their earlier solar system purchased with $8000 grant & 44c Gov. FIT.

Adding a bigger system than originally registered will lose all current & future Gov. FIT. Leaving only the paltry 9.8 c offered by the electricity co.

Only 1 of 7 quotes fielded made me aware of this.
(No rewards for trying to be greener).

New systems installed before September this year will get 16c Gov. FIT + 9.8 c for 2 years which is a good deal.

After that it is only 9.8c.
I did some research into the quality of solar panels and inverters before even asking for quotes and decided on either Sunpower or Kyocera panels and SMA or Fronnius inverters. So I asked mainly for quotes on these.

Also, I was asking for quotes on 3 properties and Solargain came to the party in WA but bombed badly in Melbourne, where The Green Power Company won hands down. The Green Power Company were competitive with Kyocera panels and SMA inverter.

The installation was tailored to meet my date requirements (I had limited time) and it was done very well and very neatly. I know a reasonable amount about electricity installations and kept an eye on the job. The electrician did a very good and neat installation, checking everything.

I can recommend The Green Power Company.
One thing though, make sure the installers COMPLETELY fill in the Photovoltaic (Solar) Generator Connection Form and SIGN and DATE it. We were held up 5 days because of this and didn't realise until I rang and checked.
System seems to be working very well at this early stage, still waiting for smart meter installation, perhaps 2/3 weeks. The whole project requires effort and concentration and a competent installation company is essential as you can become confused unless you listen carefully to what is being said. I am sure the effort is worthwhile. Show additional information
The installers from Green Power were excellent, they explained everything clearly before they commenced work, gave us some choices regarding installation - at the same time, recommending what hey felt was the most suitable option. They worked quickly and efficiently and cleaned up extremely well. Show additional information
We continue to be frustrated by the appalling miscommunication between the solar installation people and the electricity distributor and supplier. No one seems particularly interested in getting the solar system turned on but they are breaking their necks with enthusiasm to get deposits and final payments but don't really give a shit about whether the solar sytem is actually operating and that the mug purchaser is even remotely satisfied. Show additional information
Initial service for inspection and quotation was excellent. Sales person arrived within 2 hours of initial contact.

Rain induced rescheduling caused a few hiccups as I was dropped off their job list by accident. However, once contacted the Company reacted immediately and the installation was rescheduled in a very timely way.

Installers obviously knew what they were doing and entire installation completed with 6.5 hours. The electrical work clearly involves meeting a lot of red tap requirements but the electrician was fully aware of these and indeed returned on his own time to complete labelling required under these regulations. My installation consists of 2 separate arrays, which complicates the labelling.

Payment by EFT is offered, and certainly simplifies finalising the contract. The Company does require a deposit of $1000, which some may find excessive but to me this is reasonable.
Installation is next week so will wait and see how it goes. But customer service was great - always helpful and happy to answer questions. The quality of systems and price is very competitive so hopefully everything goes to plan during the installation. Show additional information
I have used green power before and have found their service excellent. Show additional information