Energy Storage Direct Reviews

About Energy Storage Direct, Solar Installers

Energy Storage Direct

Energy Storage Direct serves SA & WA and following are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Energy Storage Direct Solar Reviews

Flawless process from whoa to go

Initial quotes were prompt and helpful, which led to further research, questions and updates to Jonas, the BDM who promptly provided the evolving quote information. The site inspection from Remo was very helpful and helped to clarify everything, including how our choice of Solaredge inverter could eventually charge an electric vehicle. The installation day was agreed upon, and Remo and Brodie did a superb job, and Remo was patient and persistent in trying to get inverter to connect to wifi, which worked once we worked out how to pair the connection. Absolutely happy with our REC panels and Solaredge inverter. Would thoroughly recommend Energy Storage Direct. Show additional information

Flawless

Friendly staff, great at communicating and not pushy. Price was very fair.

Installation Team were prompt, polite and Tidy also explained every step of the install and answered any questions on the day.

I'd happily use ESD again.

Overall, eventually happy with the system and would probably recommend for a simple system if you are on a moderate budget.

Quoting process - Excellent, reasonable prices, good information and prompt turn around.

Site Inspection - Lacking, as evidenced by the installers having to change the entire layout and plan on the day.

Communication - Very poor, was originally expecting the install to occur on one day (4kw system), ended up being spread over several days with installers not turning up on time (or at all) several times. Way too many phone calls to follow up where things were at.

Install - Mostly Good, Took a few days due partly to inclement weather and poor scheduling. However a few issues with arrays not straight (fixed at the time after pointed out) and missing bolts.

Post Install - Returned a couple of times to sort out issues with the cable routing through CTs for the Powerwall that were not correct initially and to install missing bolts.

ESD 11kw system Kensington Gardens SA

Remo was very helpful, helped design a system which wasn't the most expensive upsell but does exactly what we need. 11kw Trina Honey mono black panels, twin Solaredge 5kw inverters, Solaredge power optimisers.

Only issue was a small hole left in plasterboard near inverter install but i have been told it will be fixed so that isn't really a negative.

ESD have also done my parents 9kw Trina Honey with Solaredge 5kw inverter.

DELIVERED ON WHAT THEY PROMISED

Very happy from start to finish from this organisation. Highly recommend. Show additional information
Very poor after sales service. No phone calls all by email and never any follow ups unless you do it yourself A lot of name on SAPN but no help in rectifying the problem. When you pay $50 per week for 2 solar systems that dont work plus electricity bills. Do your homework better deals and companies to deal with. Sorry but very let down and disappointed Show additional information
As I was a "country" customer and my roof was non standard (metal tiles over corrugated) many suppliers would not bother quoting, Finn found 3 and Energy Storage Direct, Anthony was extremely helpful. He was the only one who got up on the roof to inspect, no problems he said gave me a good quality quote. System was installed within 4 weeks (over xmas) a little stutter with panels beyond their control and installation really excellent, system performing really well as promised.
Rec panels and ABB inverter.
Would definitely recommend.
Would not recommend, I have had nothing but trouble, promises not met, owner asking to take facebook review down and he never called back, installer has made 2 appointments within 24 hours and not arrived both times. Show additional information
From Geoff The Salesmen to Brodie and his crew the service was spot on Very helpful polite and prompt couldn't fault them Show additional information
Sales Rep was all over me when I was considering between two companies on Solar Panel purchase.
Installation was fine except one was broken during transit and the replacement took 2.5 weeks.
Three months later still waiting for:
Paperwork to prove the panels are insured
Serial Numbers for panels for personal insurance purposes
Instructions on Bluetooth
Owners manual which isn’t written in German like the one I have so I know how the SMA is working.
Multiple phone calls to sales rep and state manager have proved unsuccessful. Very disappointed in the after service of this company
The Energy Storage Direct sales person, Sam, visited our home and answered all of our questions - which mostly came after the visit, via email and phone. He was always prompt and informative. We were happy to go with a locally based company.
The other company who provided a quote, iGreen Energy, sent numerous emails with 'limited time offers' even after I asked them to stop. I had to ask 4 times for them to stop emailing me before I marked their emails as spam to stop them. I have since received a phone call from them still trying to sell me a system. This conduct seems shoddy to me and I would suggest steering well clear of iGreen Energy.
Extremely happy with the performance of my Seraphim panels Show additional information