Home Efficiency Group

Home Efficiency Group Reviews

Home Efficiency Group (HEG) is a Tasmanian owned and operated company serving the whole of Tasmania since 2009. We are much more than a solar and battery installer. We are a one-stop-shop for energy efficiency. Our aim is to eliminate your electricity bill by looking at the energy performance of your home as a whole.

Solar can work very effectively in Tasmania - but your solar company needs local experience. Tasmanian homes have unique challenges in Australia. We have cold winters, and less sun than the mainland. Most Tasmanian homes have two meters which, if not configured intelligently, can reduce your solar savings. Home Efficiency Group (HEG Energy to our friends) know how to design, configure and install solar power in Tasmania to maximise savings. This often includes also looking at your home's thermal performance, heatpumps and hot water.

HEG has a showroom in Invermay and a team across the state who can design and install solar and batteries to the highest standard - but also give advice on any other steps you need to make to ensure your your home is comfortable and sustainable with tiny electricity bills.

Reviewers report paying: $6,600 - $8,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Home Efficiency Group Reviews (20)

4.3/5

4.3/5

Good installers and Sales person, but company lacks communication in other areas

This was to replace a 2.1kw system (10 years old) with a new 7.4kw system (6kw inverter). The sales person was very thorough and answer all questions on the day of visit including exploring battery option, and also answered some of my subsequent questions via email.

Communications via the office however was very lax - often waiting many days before getting response to email queries, or not even answering phone call to office (not even a message service??). I got the feeling they may be understaffed in that regard. I was also wanting to know compatibility with installing a Zappi electric car charger however neither the sales person nor the installer seemed to know much about that?

The 2 guys who installed (subcontractors) seemed to do a good job, and managed to finish just before the light faded. I had paid extra to have our old system removed off site before the install, however when I discovered it was only going to the tip I asked to keep myself (gave to someone who wanted it for off grid). Why don't we have a recycling facility in Tassie?

HEG....

HEG contacted me promptly & were onsite shortly thereafter. There was a short delay whilst I arranged finance, but once given the green light, the process was seamless.

The other mob, who shall remain nameless, claimed I could not be contacted for some weeks & then could not get onsite, to do a quote, till mid February.....needless to say, they didn't get the job.

The third company never bothered to call.....

The installation was a breeze, zero issues. The final location of 6 cells was changed due to size restrictions & available roof area, but this has not affected the outcome.

At this time the system is running, albeit turned off while TasNetworks drag the chain. HEG handled all the permits & paperwork.

All in all.....I am impressed. Rarely do you find this level of service in Tasmania.

So far, so very good

Very pleasant and thorough sales person. No hard sell and good overall energy saving advice. Professional, efficient installer who also gave helpful advice. He worked extremely hard to complete installation in one day. Grid connection still pending but process started and we, as customers, have nothing to do. Confident that installer and HEG have issued necessary paperwork

Tricky made easy

Our installation was more complicated than most because our connection to the grid needed to be moved, HEG took care of everything and made it easy. The HEG installers were polite efficient and left no mess, I was impressed by their care and professionalism.

Good sales

Good job it was a good install nice and quick installation

Satisfied Customer

I found the visit of the sales person from the Home Efficiency Group (HEG) very professional and thorough. I appreciated his advice about improving the insulation of my home as well as his advice about solar. He spent a long time answering my questions and explaining his recommendations. We are not yet connected to the grid but the installers were friendly and efficient and cleaned up thoroughly before they left.

Home Efficiency Group Launceston Tasmania

Very impressed with Rodney Williams from HEG Launceston
Went through every detail to accommodate our needs for installation of solar panels that suited our needs.
Left us with a good understanding of how the system worked, Excellent communication
The installers were very efficient and organised Grid connection
The panels were fitted on time and without any fuss. Had good service from HEG. Not all installers contacted came round to the house to actually view the roof/work site and relied on Google images.
Having the meter changed over however, took for ever, 6-8 weeks, and the job only took half an hour to accomplish. I think Aurora need to employ more electricians to speed up the meter change over.
It was so helpful to have some guidelines to follow when comparing quotes for my Solar installation. It provided me with some background and knowledge to negotiate and choose wisely. Thankyou Finn for all your assistance. Wonderful support service.
One of the SQ suggested suppliers offered a very competitive quote but based it all on satellite images and photos we supplied. The number of panels they quoted for a 5kW system would not physically fit on the roof. The chosen supplier made a site visit and demonstrated how the racking is governed by the layout of roof battens and screws. We had to go for higher output panels as the roof area is small, even if optimally angled and oriented. We've also had to apply for a minor works permit because the panels encroach the 200mm margin from roof edge; fingers crossed that gets approved. All this crucial detail would not have been addressed without a site visit by an installers rather than a salesperson!

We can't yet comment on the installation as it's scheduled for 21 Feb.

Very grateful for your public service and ongoing opportunities to learn more - thank you!
Only received two (2) quotes & went with company that gave best customer service & best suited products for my wishes - although slightly dearer in price.
HEG came and did a full home efficiency assessment in our house. The other providers, while very lovely and helpful over the phone didn't do a site visit and sent through a quote based on our phone convo only.

HEGs assessment revealed we had no insulation in our roof, old inefficient down lights and that a heat transfer kit would help with heat management in our house. We purchased all of these services/products through HEG and are extremely happy with it all. The process was quick and hassle free and the guys from HEG were very professional and friendly.
Heath from HEG completed a sight inspection which involved getting in the roof cavity, on the roof, a photo of our power board (with immediate confirmation from his electrician via SMS that it was appropriate) and a detailed analysis of our requirements and expectations.
Very happy with the whole process that finished with additional roof insulation, a change in LED lights to allow covering them with insulation a 5.1 kW Solar system and a Heat Pump downstairs.
Installation was completed inside three weeks of the initial enquery.
Certainly not the cheapest quote but by far the best quality system and designed around our requirements and the direction our house faced. So far the generation and consumption is in line with their forecast. Heath knew his stuff and is a very personable bloke. No pressure just good advise and facts.
No hesitation in recommending HEG and would use them again if we had a requirement. The benefit of HEG is that their objective is to improve home efficiency of which Solar is part of an overall solution.
Regards, Martin
The communication from the company was excellent and installers fantastic.
I needed electrical upgrades which contractor electricians could provide and explain exactly what was needed and why.
Home Energy Group is a Launceston based company with many years of experience in the solar industry. In the end we went with HEG as they have installed other energy efficient systems in our house. We took comfort in dealing with a known supplier even though we received excellent service and advice from the companies recommended by you during the research and quote obtaining stages of our project.