Power Smart Solutions

Power Smart Solutions Reviews

Power Smart Solutions is a Solar Power Installation company based in Yatala and serves QLD. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $5,000 - $11,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Power Smart Solutions Reviews (13)

3.9/5

4.2/5

3.2/5

Terrible customer service

Disappointing service: As part of initial sales quote I was told my old existing system needed to be removed as it was a fire hazard, no visual inspection just off the cuff, made that assessment based on the brand name.

Once they received there payment post installation, trying to get assistance was near impossible. At time of sale they sold me on the fact that they are able to monitor your system to insure its functioning correctly and set it up so I'm also able to monitor its output. However, 3 months on its still not functioning and this was after repeated attempts following setup instructions. I have made a number of attempts to contact there office where I'm told that someone will call me to arrange a service call. I wait a few weeks hear nothing call back and get the same response. 3 months on and still no service call.

Install

Install guys were great, but overall customer service is terrible they will never get back to you when asking questions, only response given is was sent in a email, which clearly wasn’t questions were never answered.

Above Expectations

We had a great experience from the initial sales pitch through to installation and follow up. Best was the dramatic reduction in the following power bills .. dropped by 2/3 .. what a excellent outcome .. :)

Not hitting the numbers that we were quoted.

We got the solar installed based on the kw numbers that the rep told us that we would get, based on a North facing roof. My system seems to be governed so that it won't generate more than 23kw per day, even on very hot days. Also why sell a 6.6kw system when the inverter is only 5kw.

Good system, but....

Just under 2 months since installation and it seems that the system is doing what is expected as correctly advised by the sales person, who was really nice and helpful, but may be not 100% informed about a system they were trying to sell to people. I am happy with the system, but one thing the company did not mention was the significant humming noise that the inverter makes! It is installed in the garage but the wall backs onto the living room and it feels like there is a server computer in the room! When company contacted, they said no one has complained about this and they had no solution for it, tough luck I guess!
They seemed to be aware of this issue when I asked about it and I think it is important to mention it to potential customers rather than letting them find out later.

Felt like robbery and rude sales

I would like to leave this review for them to improve their service.

-- Terrible quoting process ever. Always trying to push the responsibility to the client. They refuse to provide the replacement cost of the solar panel when I asked the sale came into my house.

-- It feels like I have been robbed. I tried to cancel the installation within the cooling period and made several calls to the reception and admin, always got an answer of will get back to me in 10 mins then nothing for the rest. They ignore me till the end of cooling period and told me they already make the order therefore they can keep the deposit.

-- Worst customer service. Accuse me wasting time of both of us. Please talk to people when they try to communicate. As I mention above, the post service is a total ignorance. Their excuses includes at a meeting, at a training, cant talk while I can hear he is laughing with someone in the phone.

BTW, they offered me an unreasonable price of 10k QUOTE at the first place.

Excellent

I am extremely happy with my Solar system installed by Powersmart. The initial consultant explained everything in plain English whilst the other 2 companies who quoted confused me and were high pressure. The installation went well and my bill is now a credit so very happy.

Really poor follow up response from PowerSmart

The install guys did great, apart from putting a bunch of holes in the ceiling below the install on 1 part of the roof, the promised $300 gift voucher has not eventuated, been fobbed off ever since, now using Covid 19 as an excuse....curious as our system was installed in December 2019

Great products but less than impressive customer service

We're extremely pleased with our solar setup, it's producing very well. (Solar Edge inverter and Canadian Solar panels.)

Unfortunately the customer service side hasn't been great. The sales person promised a lot which, we discovered later, wasn't actually possible with our system (the promise was a far quicker financial return on the money spent), and when we sought advice from the company later, found out he'd left Power Smart in a hurry with a trail of broken promises and unhappy customers.

We understand this sometimes happens... but since then we've asked the company for help with multiple issues and have either received no help, been rudely brushed off or ignored completely. This has occurred over approx 14 months.

Silver lining - in desperation to find solutions to the biggest problem (massive bills continuing after solar installation) I came across the Solar Quotes website, bought the book and haven't looked back. Now we're no longer needing to contact Power Smart Solutions to try and figure things out.

We also understand now that the size of the system recommended to us is not big enough; lesson learned, in future don't believe a seeming "expert" without doing your homework first.

The remaining concern is possible future panel/inverter issues... we may receive less than good customer service should we need their help.
Overall, the performance and quality of the panels and inverter are fantastic. If you are looking for a company who will explain things properly or be there to help you later if you have queries, perhaps this is not the company for you.

What a good experience

Knowledgeable, factual and provide clear timelines.
We looked at numerous options and pleased we paid that little extra for complete piece of mind and reliable warranties.
Bernie and Natasja

Extremely Satisfied!

The Sales consultant explained everything in detail. The install team were very well mannered and punctual, good lads answered all my questions. I didnt have to do anything in relation to the grid connection and i am very satisfied with the customer service! Thankyou Power Smart Solutions for the huge savings on my power bill!

Great Experience All Round

Couldn't recommend Powersmart enough.
Always on time, good communication, explained the solar solution well.
Installers were very professional and the installation as smooth.
We are now 2 months in and generating above expectations so couldn't be happier.