Power Smart Solutions

Power Smart Solutions Reviews

Power Smart Solutions is a Solar Power Installation company based in Yatala and serves QLD. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $5,600 - $8,300 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Power Smart Solutions Reviews (19)

4.3/5

3.8/5

New solar installation

Firstly a great and informative meeting with Jason.
Secondly great communication throughout the whole process.
Thirdly a big thank you Tyson, Stephen and Matt for a professional, tidy and efficient installation.
Everyone involved from start to finish are a credit to your organisation.
Many thanks from very happy and satisfied clients
5 Stars !!!

Fantastic Installer

Jamie and Jono installed our solar system, they are friendly, approachable and nice guy. They explained to me how the system works and answered all my questions. I highly recommend the PowerSmart Solutions solar system in your house. They are fantastic.

Really Happy with Our choice of PowerSmart Solutions

Wasn’t sure where to go and who to work with for my solar job. Was recommended PowerSmart Solutions and have had a great experience!
Jesse and Luke did a fantastic job installing and providing me with great knowledge throughout the installation.
Their pricing seemed higher but when all other facts taken into account really on par. You get what you pay for! fantastic to deal with!!

Went with PowerSmartSolutions

Went with PowerSmartSolutions. Been a bit of confusion along the way, salesperson said I didnt need a safety fuse, but i did. He also said i had to have wi fi, which i didn't according to the installing electrician. The office contact was always helpful.

Installation & sales

Jamie & Tom were great in everything they did today with the installation of the system. Nothing was a problem for them including the weather. We would also like to thank the sales rep Thomas Vantaggiato for giving us the initial information and procedding with the order. We are looking forward to the system working and our bill being reduced. Peter & Judy Thompson goonellabah NSW

Good install. Questionable support following install

"5/10 - PSS followed up and organised a time for the timer to be reviewed.
12/10 - PSS attended and confirmed the timer is faulty and replaced."

Generally positive with the exception of an ongoing issue related to our hot water system, possibly caused by the timer installed as part fo the solar package. I have been unable to have a Power Smart Solutions (PSS) rep inspect the installation to rule the timer in or out of causing the fault. I will keep updating this review as the situation develops.

Sales
The sales process was interesting. The salesman was very helpful. Main thing is to be aware of what the equivalent system costs from other providers. This is because the systems are getting cheaper over time, so the calculated savings vs usage method used by PSS will result in an outcome appox 2x what others are charging for the equivalent system. My fault for not doing enough research. I cancelled during cooling off and promptly received a follow up phone call the same day offering the same system for a significantly discounted price. Must eb a common occurrence. So I signed up again.

Install and follow up
19 July - Installation went well. Installers arrived on the agreed day, were very polite/professional and installed in the morning.
As part of running me through installation at conclusion the circuit breaker kept tripping when the installer rotated the timer dial. After a phone call to head office the earth was modified and didn’t trip the breaker any longer.
The purpose of the timer is to have the hot water system heat water through the day when the solar panels are generating electricity, reducing the amount of purchased electricity required. However I observed the hot water system operating what seemed like non-stop and at times starting to make unusual noises (similar to an air conditioner).
27 July – I contacted PSS asking whether someone could attend and inspect the timer to rule it in or out as an issue.
4 August – I followed up having not received a response.
PSS responded unsure what the issue might be but provided a link to a youtube clip showing correct timer setup up.
I watched the video and checked the timer. The toggles were not set to the correct time and it had been set to ‘on’ for the full duration. I formed this to PSS and indicated I would monitor the system (and our next power bill!)
9 August – I contacted PSS as the hot water system was still operating at night and making louder noises (including videos). I again requested someone to attend the house and inspect the installation.
18 August – A PSS rep called but both being busy we missed each other a number of times. Apparently something needed to be discussed. I asked if it could be emailed so I can respond while sitting in a meeting and avoid missing each other on the phone. Were both busy, it happens.
2 September – We received our power bill which was significantly higher than previous months. A clue that the hot water system is faulty or is it just higher usage? I contacted PSS requesting either the questioned to be emailed or a rep attend. PSS asked for the full bill to review and provide feedback which I provided. The feedback suggested we should run appliances through the day etc, things we were already doing.
18 September – I have given up seeking PSS assistance. I have organised an electrical to attend and inspect. I will provide further feedback once this has occurred. I have no idea whether the timer is playing any part in the hot water system issues but there is certainly enough there that it is the logical first avenue of investigation. It is frustrating that I have not been able to get support to eliminate the timer after what might be a very quick inspection.

worked out what was needed from my powerbill usage quoted price installed and Im loving the savings. Had the get now payoff as we go option works for me

Everyone was great and there when they said they would be. Explained everything sometimes twice as I didnt understand. Installers where polite and friendly explained what they where there to do. .Solarpower solutions contacted my provider for me they did the rest. Now on solar Power its awesome ....should of done it years ago..

Install

Install guys were great, but overall customer service is terrible they will never get back to you when asking questions, only response given is was sent in a email, which clearly wasn’t questions were never answered.

Above Expectations

We had a great experience from the initial sales pitch through to installation and follow up. Best was the dramatic reduction in the following power bills .. dropped by 2/3 .. what a excellent outcome .. :)

Not hitting the numbers that we were quoted.

We got the solar installed based on the kw numbers that the rep told us that we would get, based on a North facing roof. My system seems to be governed so that it won't generate more than 23kw per day, even on very hot days. Also why sell a 6.6kw system when the inverter is only 5kw.

Good system, but....

Just under 2 months since installation and it seems that the system is doing what is expected as correctly advised by the sales person, who was really nice and helpful, but may be not 100% informed about a system they were trying to sell to people. I am happy with the system, but one thing the company did not mention was the significant humming noise that the inverter makes! It is installed in the garage but the wall backs onto the living room and it feels like there is a server computer in the room! When company contacted, they said no one has complained about this and they had no solution for it, tough luck I guess!
They seemed to be aware of this issue when I asked about it and I think it is important to mention it to potential customers rather than letting them find out later.

Felt like robbery and rude sales

I would like to leave this review for them to improve their service.

-- Terrible quoting process ever. Always trying to push the responsibility to the client. They refuse to provide the replacement cost of the solar panel when I asked the sale came into my house.

-- It feels like I have been robbed. I tried to cancel the installation within the cooling period and made several calls to the reception and admin, always got an answer of will get back to me in 10 mins then nothing for the rest. They ignore me till the end of cooling period and told me they already make the order therefore they can keep the deposit.

-- Worst customer service. Accuse me wasting time of both of us. Please talk to people when they try to communicate. As I mention above, the post service is a total ignorance. Their excuses includes at a meeting, at a training, cant talk while I can hear he is laughing with someone in the phone.

BTW, they offered me an unreasonable price of 10k QUOTE at the first place.

Excellent

I am extremely happy with my Solar system installed by Powersmart. The initial consultant explained everything in plain English whilst the other 2 companies who quoted confused me and were high pressure. The installation went well and my bill is now a credit so very happy.

Really poor follow up response from PowerSmart

The install guys did great, apart from putting a bunch of holes in the ceiling below the install on 1 part of the roof, the promised $300 gift voucher has not eventuated, been fobbed off ever since, now using Covid 19 as an excuse....curious as our system was installed in December 2019

Great products but less than impressive customer service

We're extremely pleased with our solar setup, it's producing very well. (Solar Edge inverter and Canadian Solar panels.)

Unfortunately the customer service side hasn't been great. The sales person promised a lot which, we discovered later, wasn't actually possible with our system (the promise was a far quicker financial return on the money spent), and when we sought advice from the company later, found out he'd left Power Smart in a hurry with a trail of broken promises and unhappy customers.

We understand this sometimes happens... but since then we've asked the company for help with multiple issues and have either received no help, been rudely brushed off or ignored completely. This has occurred over approx 14 months.

Silver lining - in desperation to find solutions to the biggest problem (massive bills continuing after solar installation) I came across the Solar Quotes website, bought the book and haven't looked back. Now we're no longer needing to contact Power Smart Solutions to try and figure things out.

We also understand now that the size of the system recommended to us is not big enough; lesson learned, in future don't believe a seeming "expert" without doing your homework first.

The remaining concern is possible future panel/inverter issues... we may receive less than good customer service should we need their help.
Overall, the performance and quality of the panels and inverter are fantastic. If you are looking for a company who will explain things properly or be there to help you later if you have queries, perhaps this is not the company for you.

What a good experience

Knowledgeable, factual and provide clear timelines.
We looked at numerous options and pleased we paid that little extra for complete piece of mind and reliable warranties.
Bernie and Natasja

Extremely Satisfied!

The Sales consultant explained everything in detail. The install team were very well mannered and punctual, good lads answered all my questions. I didnt have to do anything in relation to the grid connection and i am very satisfied with the customer service! Thankyou Power Smart Solutions for the huge savings on my power bill!

Great Experience All Round

Couldn't recommend Powersmart enough.
Always on time, good communication, explained the solar solution well.
Installers were very professional and the installation as smooth.
We are now 2 months in and generating above expectations so couldn't be happier.