Solar Concepts Reviews

About Solar Concepts, Solar Installers

Solar Concepts is a Solar Power Installation company based in and serves . Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Solar Concepts Solar Reviews

Ben was available non stop for any questions I had. Installation is neat. All rubbish removed. Very polite and reliable. Totally trustworthy. Show additional information
Ben from Solar Concepts has over 9 years experience installing solar. My job was not too difficult, but I know he has done more difficult jobs for others with no troubles. He arrived on the scheduled date and completed the job by the early afternoon. The job was tidy with a clean result and minimal disturbance to our roof.

Although Ben is the owner, he is "on the tools" so he might be on a roof when you call him, although he still might take your call! Ben offered frank advice and honest responses to my questions.

If you want flashy brochures and sales pitches you should look elsewhere. If you want an experienced installer who prefers to install quality systems rather than sell any old system, I would highly recommend Ben and Solar Concepts. They are based in the Sutherland Shire.

System installed: SolarEdge StorEdge 5kW with 16 x LG Neon 2 panels and consumption monitoring.
Ben was professional, arrived on time and kept us well informed. Show additional information
I work in renewables, but corporate procurement rather than household solar, so have some knowledge. I got 7 quotes, and chose Ben as his price was very competitive, he gave me a detailed quote with the 4 sections of orientation that I wanted. He showed attention to detail, listened to what I want and was very honest when talking through the options. He was also very patient with me as I went through analysis paralysis of my options! He does installs for other solar companies but also deals direct through his company, Solar Concepts. He had also done a great job at my friends house just prior, a tricky job that 2 other installers had driven away from (with panels in the back of the ute!).

The install went smoothly. I am very glad he highly recommended consumption monitoring, and direct connection to modem. I really feels like we are driving our solar and energy demand now, rather than flying blind. I have since recommended Ben to others.
After getting a quote by Ben from Solar Concepts around a year ago, I re-contacted him to see what the latest price was and an update on what was the best value equipment to suit my needs. His price is not the lowest, but is the best value for money by far. I believe the main reason for this is because the products he offers are all towards the top end and he suggests the right components to suit the needs of the customer, not the cheaper, lower value panels and inverters that others are selling.
He spent a lot of time discussing the topic and answering all my questions to satisfy my requests time and time again prior to committing to going ahead. He was timely in his install and did everything as discussed. His post install service has also been excellent even taking a call on a Sunday due to questions I had about the SMA online system.

The 4.64kW system components installed was as follows:
16 X 290w Trina Honey M Plus panels
1 SMA Sunny Boy 5.0 Sunny Boy Inverter

He is also installing the same system at my parents place, and would recommend solar concepts to anyone else that is looking for a system install and design straight away.
We couldn't be happier. Ben listens to you and provides insightful guidance and educates you through the solar minefield. Ben suggested a roof location that no one else did, why he thought it was the best spot and even the slight downsides to that location. The system is up and running and is outperforming our expectations of kWh generated per day. Additionally Ben offered the best combination of price and technology with DC Optimisers and premium panels and inverters. We thoroughly recommend him. Show additional information
Ben from Solar Concepts kept us informed through the whole process. Nothing was too difficult. He was punctual, and completed a speedy installation, going to the extra trouble of replacing broken tiles found during the installation process. Show additional information
Ben arrived on time, completed the work swiftly, but stayed around to download an update for the inverter. Above and beyond! Show additional information
Ben from Solar Concepts just installed a 4.95 kW solar PV system at our house in southern Sydney. Ben was brilliant from start to finish. Quality components (LG panels and SMA inverter) at a very competitive price. Ben was not the cheapest nor was his quote the most expensive - but I really think you get the quality and service you pay for and I was also happy to support a local professional.

The install was difficult due to the layout, access and orientation of our house and it took longer than expected. Ben absorbed the extra costs due to these problems and unexpected issues with our meter and an energy consumption monitor we had ordered, only charging us what was quoted and not passing the extra expense onto us.

When you're laying out significant sums of money, you really appreciate a professional that's prepared to go that little bit extra and that's what we got with Ben.

I'm more than happy to provide further information if anyone wants it - if you speak to Ben, ask for my phone number. He'll know who I am!!

Thanks again Ben for the great service and support.
We're very happy with the price and the service Ben provided. Ben was very professional, arrived on time and kept us well informed. My sceptical partner was completely comfortable after Ben described all he was doing and is now telling anyone who will listen how impressed he is. Show additional information
I would never shop around for quotes ever again. Ben quote was the best, service was amazing and completion of 2 inverters and 102 panels over 2 rooftops was swift. Even with 5 days of rain it did not stop Ben from doing his job. Extremely happy to recommend Solar Concepts. Show additional information
I was very impressed with Ben's professionalism and knowledge on solar systems. Ben was able to tailor the Solar system to our specific requirements with ease. He was very punctual with meeting agreed times and the job was completed with care and to a very high standard. I have already recommended Ben to family and friends. Show additional information
Ben from Solar Concepts did the install in a day, no fuss - he was very efficient and explained the product well. He's the business owner rather than a sales person which made a big difference when discussing the technical aspects of the install and products. Quote was very reasonably priced as well. I had a 5kw Trina Honey system installed with Tri phase SMA 5kw inverter. Like the Blue Tooth capability of the inverter keeping me informed on its performance. Would recommend Solar Concepts to other Sydney buyers. Show additional information
The company was a local and he arrived when he said he would. Kept us informed all the time. Show additional information
No fuss, Ben organised and installed the system, and organised the changeover of the net meter,all within a week.....
He is the owner and installer so you don't get differing stories about the product and was very helpful throughout the entire purchase.
The installer returned for post installation check and found bird droppings on the panels from birds perched on the TV aerial. The installer cleaned the panels for me and I arranged to have the aerial relocated.

The installer also chased up the electrical contractor, who installed gross feed in meter within 3 weeks. Some people wait months.

The installer is using a photo of my solar panel system on his website.