Solargain Southwest Reviews

About Solargain Southwest, Solar Installers

Solargain was established in Western Australia in 2005 as a family-owned business. Solargain's proprietor has over 20 years experience in the solar industry. With a focus on renewable energy products, Solargain was able to expand its operations into the ACT, Victoria and QLD and is continuing with further expansions.

Solargain is now one of Australia's largest integrated solar energy and solar hot water businesses. The business currently has offices and authorised distributors across Australia and employs over 70 staff nationwide.

Solargain Southwest Solar Reviews

I had two quotes done and both salesmen stated that I needed a 5KW system which I was more than happy to have and wanted, but I had previously received a letter from Western Power stating I could only install a system up to 3KW, due to the size of the electrical cable (10mm) and the lead in distance from the green dome on the boundary of my property to my meter box (some 22 meters), although the Solargain salesman's graph indicated other wise, very frustrating. This was after receiving a letter from my electricity retailer thanking me as I was helping the environment by installing the system! Surely installing a 5KW system would help even more!!
So my suggestion is directed to those people building a new house and are contemplating installing a solar system; ensure your builder installs an electrical cable big enough to service the solar system you desire.
Also, I went with Solargain as the salesman sold the system on its merit and did not bag other resellers or systems, unlike the other salesman. And by the way, the other salesman under cut Solargain by $500 and stated he would install the inverter Solargain was supplying but would not install the same panels. It just came down to "Trust" in the end. When will these type of companies and salesmen learn (not just in the solar system industry)!
Great Experience. This is the second System installed by this company after we moved from our first property.
The System installed was bigger than the first, the inverter better and since installation has made a great impact on our bills.
Everything is working as expected Show additional information
I also bought a Quantum Heat Pump HWS off them and ditched my bottled gas system. That cost $3040 for a 270 litre system - It's been in for 6 weeks and is working very well.
No need to go outside in the freezing rain at 10pm to change gas bottles over - that's a big plus.
Total cost for the 4kw system was $7880 plus $220 in Synergy fees for the new meter.
The installers of both systems were very good and most professional. I highly rate Solargain Albany for their service and attention to detail.
Faultless experience with this company. Reliable, good communication, quality products at a fair price and a really slick, professional installation. Renesolar Virtus2 panels and a Fronius Galvo inverter with 10 year manufacturer's warranty. Show additional information
Hi Finn, We are installing a 3.45 kW system on the 18/8. We went with Solargain as they provided the best and most attentive presale service. They even sent us their own electrician to check our wiring. Regards, Jim Silvester Show additional information
They told me the system I was getting would produce 18 units per day and after we had paid our money they sent out the official estimates of only 13 units per day Show additional information
The product appealed & the initial contact was acceptable, but the follow up from their office was bordering on *Used Car Salesman* techniques.

The front office person was pushy, arrogant & extremely over the top in telling us what we would & would not do ! It was NOT a pleasant experience dealing with this person. If it was my business I would get rid of this ~attitude~ immediately, it is not conducive to good customer relationships & I wouldn't recommend anyone go to these people based on this particular persons rude & affronting attitude.