Australia Wide Solar Reviews

About Australia Wide Solar, Solar Installers

Australia Wide Solar

Australia Wide Solar is a Solar Power Installation business. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Australia Wide Solar Solar Reviews

Top Quality

We have had solar panels for 10 years and have been very happy with that system. However, looking to the future we felt that further investment in solar would further reduce our living costs in retirement - like buying shares, except the sun is unlikely to go bankrupt. The system we had was a top quality system and we were looking for a good installer who was happy to install a decent battery, more quality panels which was all to be integrated with our existing system. We found a company that had a very obliging sales representative on the phone who returned specific and informative replies to my emails instantly. Prompt replies to emails is very important to me. The system Engineer that inspected my existing system was obviously very experienced and competent ( I still had his card from 10 years ago although he did not get the job at that time). The installation took two days by a team of very competent people who just knew what to do. They cleaned up, helped me install the Tesla Gateway app on my iPad and showed me how to use it before they left the site. I believe there may still be some issues with our existing meter system but AWSolar are handling this.

The best thing about our new installation is the Tesla Gateway and associated app. We can now monitor, in real time, our electricity generation and use which means can avoid turning the washing machine, dishwasher and other hungry appliances on when the sun is not shining so we don’t have to draw power from the grid.
Your site was very helpful in assisting me make my choice of a quality system & to wade through a lot of the BS that abounds around the solar power industry.

Thanks, Andrew
Very appreciative of all the information on your website and the email updates. Also thank you for providing names of 3 possible suppliers Show additional information
actual installation was quicker than expected. installers arrived on time very efficiant and left everything tidy and cleaned up. in all a wonderful experience Show additional information
The installer will be here on Wednesday next week. However, the supplier will be attending in person - only one other company bothered to do that - Blue Mountains Solar, however they were using a bank of 2kWh batteries which I found too expensive.

One problem I had with many companies was that they were prepared to install whatever I mentioned - despite my repeatedly asking fro their expertise/input. They failed to design a system suited to our requirements - they just wanted to sell product. A very short-sighted and insincere approach.

Australia wide solar have been very easy to communicate with. I'm very impressed with their conception, planning, explaining to a non-technical person like me their design and mentioning ahead of time any otherwise unforseen extra charges/system glitches.
This has taken a lot longer than I thought it would. I was probably naive. The panels took a while to source and then the installation has taken place over a number of days over about 2 weeks. Please note that my install is probably more complicated than most. The panel connection will be completed today. I live in a house built in the early 1900's with a rear extension and access under the house in some areas is quite difficult. I know I have been there. I still need to wait until mid-end November for the battery which is on a container ship somewhere. I added in a Reposit Power management system which hopefully will allow me to sell back excess power at a higher rate during times of high demand. This also required me to "switch" electricity suppliers to one that supported Reposit Power. Not really a problem as I was looking at that anyway but the "5 minutes to switch" slogan is a bit misleading. Mine took over a month and I was leaning on the new retailer because I was on a trial of Reposit Power for selling back power. The switch took so long I think mainly because I had an old spinning disc meter and needed a new Smartmeter before the other stuff could kick in and the old one was only read every 3 months. Even after the Smartmeter is installed it can take 3 weeks for everything to settle down and full switch and meter reading is completed.

Note "nicest sales person" means to me the one that walked me through the major pro's, con's, and possible problems - though more came up ;-)

I am hoping for a return on investment of about 8% P.A. and hopefully that will rise as power prices increase though the line rental is a constant I cannot get rid of at this stage.

It has been a learning experience but I still think it is worthwhile until someone comes up with affordable cold fusion.

An unsolicited plug for SolarQuotes - Although I didn't go with one of their recommended suppliers their website gave me a lot of information and the suppliers they gave me allowed me to make a reasoned decision on how to move forward and the parameters on which to choose.
Great advice, great tradesmen and patient with our queries. Show additional information