Bradford Solar

Bradford Solar Reviews

4.2

Based on 210 ratings  - Aus Ranking

Empower your home with Bradford Solar

Bradford Solar provides you with a choice of premium home batteries (including Tesla Powerwall), solar panels and inverters to suit your energy consumption, home configuration, lifestyle and budget. As one of Australia’s most trusted brands, we have built our reputation on excellence. We only use the highest quality, most efficient technology, and we back it all with expert technicians and our ‘Life of the system’ warranty. That’s why the biggest benefit that Bradford Solar offers you is complete peace of mind.

The Bradford Advantage

Bradford has been empowering Australian homes to be more energy efficient for over 80 years.

- Bradford Concierge Service from call to install

- Tesla and Clean Energy Council Approved Installers

- Australia wide distribution network

- Premium top tier solar energy products

- 'Life of the system' warranty

Bradford Solar Reviews (210)

SolarEdge

Zeversolar

Inverter Brand

I wish I can swap this inverter for another better quality inverter under warranty.
Hide Mervyn's Comment

SMA

Sunverge

Battery Brand

Fantastic Installer

Everything was done efficiently, punctual and supplied what we required.
Hide Geoff's Comment

$4,000 to $6,000

Original Review on 31-10-2019:

Slow to address issues.

Quoting process was very professional and lead time to install was ok at about 10 days.
Installation team were very polite, tidy, and punctual.
I think the installers were inexperienced with SMA inverters and they seemed to be feeling their way.
Connection to the grid was ok but after 2 days the internet connection failed. The system itself is working
because I have been tracking it through my AGL account.
I spoke to Customer Service about the failure after 2 days operation and was very disappointed to find
that it took over a week for a technician to come to my home to investigate.
He arrived last Tuesday and was here for about one and a half hours then discovered that the inverter is faulty and needs to be replaced.
He spoke with SMA and has ordered a replacement inverter.
Disappointingly, I have not heard from Bradford CSR Customer Service since Tuesday.
They move slowly to suite their system not their customers' satisfaction level.
Fortunately, the system is working, and I am sure I have made the right decision to install solar.
Unfortunately CSR seems more focused on their operations than really running the extra mile when a brand new, fully paid system fails to fully deliver.

Follow Up Review on 02-07-2020:

The system does everything I expected of it. Excellent production in summer and reduced in winter.

Bradford's after sales service was a little disappointing. If a new installation is faulty it should be a prority to rectify it.
It wasnt in my situation .
everything is fine now though.
Hide Keith's Comment

$6,000 to $8,000

Panel Brand

SOLAREDGE SE5000H 5KW SINGLE PHASE (Other)

Inverter Brand

Peace of mind, going with a major company

The quote seemed to be the average. The installation, on roof was excellent. The electrician was a little untidy, noticed a few objects over the next few days.
I had to ring AGL, they sent a smart meter connection letter.
Hide Rex's Comment

Zeversolar

Original Review on 08-05-2019:

Follow Up Review on 05-01-2020:

Very happy with both the inverter and panels, in renewable energy back to Synergy for June/July was 510.0000 kWh, August/September 822.0000 kWh and October/November 1164.0000 kWh - our last bill was a $8.00 credit
Hide Stephen Glenys's Comment

$10,000 to $12,500

SMA

Tesla

Battery Brand

Professional and quick turnaround.

Very professional and helpful from quoting to installation. Got it all installed and working in 3 weeks from accepting the quote.
The installers(Go4Solar)did a very excellent job.
Happy to recommend.

Hide Lijesh's Comment

$10,000 to $12,500

LG

Awesome Installer! Best Price on Premium System

Quoting was easy called them and then got my quote within a few business days. There installers were awesome very friendly and polite happy to answer any questions I had, even let me go up their ladder to look at the solar panels! Had someone from the company come and do a check on the workers, make sure they were the right people installing. I felt really comfortable and safe they knew what they were doing! Made me feel confident I’d picked a great installer
Hide Philip's Comment

8kW

$6,000 to $8,000

Inverter Brand

Good post install support to help me get connected to the energy supplier
Hide Jason's Comment

$8,000 to $10,000

Solar Energy Australia

Inverter Brand

Good product recommendation. Bad after service problem

products were good but it’s now August 2019 & it’s been 8 months & they’re still avoiding to return to fix a roof leak problem that their installers created. Disgusting after sales service.
Hide Gian's Comment

Original Review on 13-11-2018:

Follow Up Review on 15-07-2019:

I think I will get tilts on the bottom row of the southern facing panels and tilts to level the middle row as I have a 24deg Gable roof, but I will wait until summer to monitor the performance. They actually only completed in December as there was a holdup with wiring the power-board as I live in a unit complex so have only really had a single quarter bill Jan-Mar.
Hide Rick's Comment

more than $20,000

Inverter Brand

Bradford have changed their installer in SA, which I am glad about... the ones who initially installed whilst well meaning, used bad language for all the neighbours kids to hear, and left oil spots on my drive from dodgy vehicles, and were being continually harassed from their head office about time. It was a dangerous rainy day on the colourbond roof, and so... yes, it takes extra time not to plummet to your death. The new installers are much better, they did the replacement for my inverter, which had karked it after always being flaky.
The customer service and after sales service are excellent. The salesmen always leave something to be desired, but to be honest, he was the best of a bad bunch. Something less of the snake oil flavour left lingering than most. Still not great. I find all the over-friendly, "hail-fellow-well-met" really off-putting. Personally I just want to get down to business with no questions about myself and my personal life. 'Showing an interest' in the customer as a person does not affect my rational purchase decision in any way, and comes off a little creepy, I'm afraid. That's all of them, though.

We would probably have chosen another mob, but Bradford/CSR had the Tesla battery available, whereas I'd have had to wait 6 months with the others. Having said that, they performed well, and after installation service is EXCELLENT.

Hide Jan's Comment

Cost

Yes, I got a good company to do the job with good quality materials . Thanks for your amazing advice, without them I could never get this excellent Solar Power System. Hope other people follower your knowledge.
Hide Juana's Comment

SolarEdge

Inverter Brand

Bradford were very efficient and have an excellent support group
Hide Allan's Comment

Cost

We went for Bradford as only one of your solar retailers gave us a quote out of the 3.

We ended up going with Bradford Solar because:
1. They were to only company who took the time to come out and talk to us is person. (none of the solar quotes referrals did) Therefore they saw in person possible problems and individual needs that our site presented.
2. There was no pressure to buy. All our questions were answered. The process and options were explained. They offered more than one brand of panels. We went with the better quality LG panels which none of the other referrals put in their quotes.
3. They also included as standard the options which other installers added $500+ to the price.
3. They were the only company which discussed the option of putting panels on three faces of our roof - which solar quotes itself mentions is an excellent way to go with falling feed in tarrifs.
4. Their after sales warranty was by far the best we saw.
5. Customer service throughout the process was excellent and our questions were answered promptly with nothing being too much trouble.
6. The installation team were prompt, courteous, and excellent workers.

Cost

Awaiting some sort of reply from North Ryde. Been waiting 17 days since I first contacted them (now 2 August 2018). Nothing has been don to fix my system, which isn't working.
Hide Richard's Comment

Cost

The installation was for Tesla battery, not solar panels.
Hide Beverley's Comment

Not installed yet

Knowledable supplier

Cost

Only two of your people quoted, that is even after I said that two only had contacted when your follow up contact was made. Neither of the two came to see me, but quoted me for panels shown on my neighbour's roof. I did not feel confident dealing with a computer to install Solar Panels on my roof, where as the CSR rep came out and quoted panels for my roof under my house's conditions. Thank You David Cook.

Cost

We had connections with builders, which entitled us to a family and friends discount.
The salesman from the company you recommended did tell us that we had to have a minimum 5kW system on our roof because of the meter we had. We sought independent advice who told us this was not the case.

Cost

We started with the Representative, Christian. We have met other representatives for solar power and other systems but Christian didn't push the product down out throat - he simply explained everything which is exactly what we were after and he won our business because of his attitude and personality as well as his significant knowledge about his products.

We actually purchased another natural air cooling system for our home through CSR (Bradford) so we have done quite a bit of business with them. They are highly recommended.

The Installers were very professional too. They did a great job.
Hide Jacqui's Comment

Quality of System: N/A
Installation: N/A
Customer Service: N/A

Follow Up Review on 16-09-2017:

No not really. Firstly we had to wait 4 months for installation then when a date was set and I took a day off work the installer failed to turn up. I rang and he said he thought it might rain (it was a glorious sunny day) so he was the other side of Sydney doing an "inside" job. I told him that wasn't satisfactory, he had my number and he had called to confirm the installation date a few days prior. He had no excuse and just said sorry he couldn't install that day. I rang Brent Huber the Bradford Solar sales rep and told him what happened. He sympathised but said the installers are highly sought after and dictate what they do. I refused to allow that installer or another contractor to work on my PV installation. I insisted on a Bradford employed installer. So another 4 weeks delay occurred.
When the installation went ahead it was all OK. However, the extra $1000+ we had paid for an upgrade to the Solaredge software was a swizz. They were supposed to give us panel by panel data information but Solaredge refused to give this to us as, according to Brent, we were domestic consumers. I told him this wasn't told to me when I was negotiating the deal. He said it was outside of Bradford's hands. I told him "BS" and to give us access.
The system does work. Our daily power consumption is about 150MWhr and the system supplies about 10-12 percent of this. Yes I know our usage is 36 times the average house but then we do use lots of power.

Cost

We put Bradford solar on our home. We are so delighted with their customer service and especially Steve. They answered all our questions straight away and delivered and installed the panels on time with no delays. The Bradford solar panels have been amazing. So thank you Steve and Bradford for everything. We will recommend your company and Steve to family and friends ????
Hide Kerry-Anne's Comment

Cost

The primary reason I selected this provider to install our solar was due to their close relationship with our builder, Metricon Homes (Qld) Pty Ltd. Unfortunately, our HIA building contract was signed after a promotion began to have solar (and a Tesla Powerwall 2) installed as part of the build, but thankfully, Bradford Solar were able to work with Metricon to have the installation roughed-in at Frame stage. Some assurances did come undone when we believed the system would be fully installed prior to handover (indications from Bradford Solar were that this was definitely to occur, and had been agreed to by Metricon), so that was disappointing, but otherwise the experience has been generally positive. We are confident that we have a good deal and that quality components are being used (Canadian Solar panels and Fronius Symo inverter).

We await the completion of the system's installation around November 2017, when practical completion and handover ticks over.
Hide Matthew's Comment

Cost

The "elephant in the room" was getting a clear statement of the overall efficiency of a proposed system and hence the likely yearly output
Hide Robert's Comment

Cost

Very responsive sales & pre-sales people - well detailed quotes and answered all questions comprehensively. Good quality materials (Canadian panels and Solaredge inverter with optimizers) and good quality installation. Installation co-ordination and communication through the installation process was less than ideal and is an area for improvement. Overall quite satisfied with the supplier/installer.
Hide Shailesh's Comment

Cost

I had many questions, and they always happy to answer them. They were also prompt to call back or email. Although they were willing to price match, they had the best price anyway. The company has been around for about 100 years or more and is Australian so I feel like they will be reliable, and I think it is shown through their quote as well.
Hide Ruth's Comment

4kW

Cost

Bradford staff were easy to work with and provided infomation along the way. The installers were very good, hard working and cleaned up afterwards. They were also easy to talk to and very helpful when asked questions. After the installation they went through the operation of the system and explained the process regarding connection to the grid and said if I had any problems or wanted to know anything to give him a call.
I would happily recommend Bradford solar to anyone thinking of installing solar panels.
Hide Kevin's Comment

Cost

We have used Bradford previously and the pre sale and after sales service was fantastic.
Hide Poobalan's Comment

Enphase

Original Review on 29-12-2015:

The installers were excellent and worked hard. The were knowledgeable and efficient.
However, delivery of the panels did not occur on the installation day and
the installers had to come back the following week to finish.
What really mattered in the end though was the quality of the work and this part was good.

Follow Up Review on 26-08-2016:

It was only after we had the system installed and could read the daily production on our smart devices, could we understand
that we had a daily "bell curve" generation. Only for 2 to 3 hours in the middle of the day would we achieve close to full potential of
our 6 kw system. No complaints, it just needed understanding.
Even in low light, we still have some generation.
Hide Alec's Comment

Under $3000

Cost

We had both solar and hot water installed, the hot water element has just broken after 18 months . Bradford installed a Hills tank , and I believe these tanks have not been made since January 2013. Pity they did not tell us when they quoted the job 18 months later. So we got a tank that is no longer made and is cheap. Bradford's answer to fix this, they will give us another tank and guess what it is a Hills so it must be at least 4 years old, but no they tell me it is new. They even tell me the spare parts suppliers are not doing a good job of finding spares. Suppling an out of date tank and then swapping it with another one just shows me they can't be trusted. Simple solution, Replace it with a new in production one.
Hide Alan's Comment

Original Review on 16-04-2015:

Bradford was the only one of the 3 suppliers I had asked for a quote to come out to my property and check things first hand, and also to discuss all aspects in person.
The process to actually start the work was somewhat drawn out (Christmas shutdown period came in between the date that I accepted the quote and when it was actually installed - almost 3 months before installation started).
Installation had a few minor changes (mainly orientation of panels - nothing major), but otherwise went smoothly and was done in less than 2 days.
The systems seems to be operating just fine - still waiting on the first bill to see what difference it makes.
Overall a good experience.

Follow Up Review on 05-10-2015:

So far, yes. Had a credit on last electricity bill (5.1c/kWh through energyAustralia) during the winter months, so hopefully the system will produce the expected output (approx. 7,000+ kWh per year) and can then pay for my Gas bill too :)
Output over the last 4 months (Jun-Sep) was about 1800kWh in total, so a fair way to go - although the efergy monitoring software had to be replaced already (that little transmitter just cannot handle small brown-outs at all) and I lost a few weeks of monitoring in early June.
Hide Andreas's Comment

4kW

Original Review on 29-04-2015:

You provided contact with two companies and contact to a third local company in order to keep your promise. One of your contacts never got in touch. The Bradford (CSR) rep was in touch and came and saw us very quickly with the local guys about a week behind. The locals were more thorough in their assessment of the property, roof and also in offering guidance and further tools to maximise our return form the solar, but they could not match CSR on price ($7.2K vs 12K on the same panels in a 5 kW system). The system was delivered, installation was arranged, but the installer never showed up. Another installer was lined up, who had to modify the panel arrangement, but got the job done and the system activated there and then.
We went with price from a larger supplier, but the level of pre-installation checks, failure of an installer to show up and subsequent modification of the system were an inconvenience. If I was doing this again and money was less of an issues then I believe I would go with the local guys.

Follow Up Review on 16-09-2015:

We've were really happy with the system. Our energy bills are basically our daily supply charge and this is great. However, as stated before, when the panels went up there was an issue with the roof and so half the system was put on a different roof that had not been previously assessed. I was told it would not matter, but when Essential Energy recently came to review the installation they found that the moved array is producing <10% of the other half of the array for most of the day due to partial shading. So my 4.75 kW system is effectively a 2.75 kW for about 80% of the day. This indicates how important shading is to the efficiency of the system when the panels are installed in parallel and that getting a decent survey conducted and an installation that follows the survey to a tee is.
If the survey is poor, if the fitters can't put the panels where they are supposed to, then either don't use them or pay them until you know it is working as it should.
Hide Oliver's Comment

2kW

CNPV Dongying Photovoltaic Power Company

Original Review on 06-01-2015:

Bradford Solar were very professional throughout. No nonsense and not pushy. They offered a very good set up at a competitive price and being a subsidiary of CSR, a major Australian company, I felt they would be reliable in the event of something going wrong down the track. The installers (Toby Jansen of Laser Electrical ) were pleasant to deal with and the electrical inspector said that the installation was of the highest standard.

Follow Up Review on 09-09-2015:

Hide Peter's Comment

Cost

I was extremely happy with the whole process. It went smoothly and when I called the salesperson, Rory or the company, my questions were always answered immediately. The information on the solarquotes site were so informative and the videos helped us decide which products we wanted. You must compare apples with apples. We asked for a different inverter than what they normally supplied and this was not a problem. We chose suntech panels and an SMA inverter. We have 3 phase power and our price was the best for the products we got. Getting solar made me more aware of our usage as well as the rate we were paying. By changing retailers we calculated we would save $700 with the rate alone. We have only had it for 6 weeks so far and its fantastic to be able to see our daily generation on the inverter portal we have installed on our phone and desktop. We are from Box Hill in Victoria and July has been a pretty low month as there was not much sun. We produced 300 kwh. That's an average of 10 per day. i have been told that in the sunnier months it should be 3 times this amount.
Hide Helen's Comment