E Smart Solar Pty Ltd

E Smart Solar Pty Ltd Reviews

4.5

Based on 31 ratings  - Aus Ranking

E-Smart Solar is a solar installation company that is based in the Blue Mountains and services the greater Blue Mountains, Penrith and Hawkesbury areas.

E-Smart Solar is community-focussed, committed to best-practice (across both solar and electrical), and proactive in the industry.

They are:

LG Solar Specialists

Enphase Preferred Installers

Reposit Partners

LG Chem ESS Partners

Tesla Authorised Installers

Lead installer and business owner, Dean Edmonds, was recently a Finalist in the 2017 Clean Energy Council Solar Design and Installation Awards.

E Smart Solar Pty Ltd Reviews (31)

SolarEdge

SolarEdge

Original Review on 18-07-2019:

Quick and efficient installation, good follow-up afterwards.

Follow Up Review on 19-03-2020:

Works perfectly with a credit to my power bill instead of a debit
Hide Geoffrey's Comment

6.6kW

$8,000 to $10,000

LG

Solaredge

Inverter Brand

Highly professional, courteous and patient team

E-Smart Solar provided 8 quotes for different systems (Enphase, Fronius, SMA, Solaredge with Trina and LG panel combos). They were helpful and patient as I researched my needs and wants. Ended up going with 6.6kW system, 19x 350w LG panels with Solaredge inverter and DC optimisers. This is the system they recommended after speaking with me and visiting my home. I agreed with them after completing my research.

Installation day was a pleasure, the installation team were great and kept me informed along every step of the instal. Very professional and courteous.

I will not hestitate in recommending them. They are awesome.
Hide Gavin's Comment

10kW

Cost

It would be preferred to have a handover document that contains details of the system with diagrams, clear labeling and operational procedures all in one document both hard and soft copy.
Hide Anon's Comment

$10,000 to $15,000

Cost

I updated my system and installed 8 more panels to bring the system back to full capacity. E-smart solar appeared knowledgeable and were professional with this installation.
Hide Paul's Comment

Cost

We had a solar system already on our roof and wanted to add more to it, and also add battery storage. We got several quotes from various providers. E-smart solar were the only ones that contacted me and asked questions to clarify what I actually wanted. In the end they provided me with a few different options to consider. Dean came out for a site visit and offered insightful thoughts and was very professional and humble. We spoke several times on the phone with them to organise things and clarify a few questions and they were always very polite and happy to help and called back to give information we had requested. On the day of the install they arrived on the dot at the time they had advised. The installers were all very polite and professional, could not have asked for a better experience! Both the inverter and the battery wanted an Internet connection, and they pulled two Ethernet cables and installed a plate together with my other networking gear without question since "we're in the roof anyway, and wired network is more reliable". The system has performed really well over the past couple of days. We are very happy to recommend E-smart solar to friends and family.
Hide Daniel's Comment

Cost

I had nothing but a good experience with E-Smart Solar. I had an enphase microinverter system installed in Feb 2018.
At first, I was rejected by a larger supplier/installer because of my steeper roof pitch of 35 degrees. Dean from esmart happily quoted on my job, and after the site visit he confirmed his firm would go ahead on the install.
I was really impressed by the work of the team of 4 installers (which included 2 electricians). They were prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ and the quality of work was great. The work was completed efficiently, and after a firmware update my system monitoring was online. Phil had great knowledge and communication skills and was able to explain how it all worked, and how it was organised with regards to circuit breakers etc.
Thanks lads - a job very well done.
Hide Jeff's Comment

Install was before Dec 22
They are meant to be coming out today to replace one panel which was faulty and to get the app up and running
Glad they double checked everything and are coming out to finish install
Hide Ally's Comment

Trina

Enphase

Original Review on 07-03-2018:

Follow Up Review on 07-11-2018:

Yes, the system is performing above what my modelling prior to the install predicted. 600kWh produced in September
Hide David's Comment

$10,000 to $15,000

Cost

Very pleased with the product & service from start to finish. Wish we could have afforded a battery but that will be something for the future. The app provided is great to monitor how the system is working.
Hide Toni's Comment

Cost

I can not rate the quality of the system or the installation as I have not had it installed as yet
Hide Dan's Comment

Cost

E-Smart Solar were professional, helpful, and followed through with all my queries. They were able to install on a day which suited me and came on that date. The installation went smoothly. I would recommend this company.
Hide Jo-Anne's Comment

Cost

Installation completed at appointed day and time, good to deal with , very satisfied with completed job, would use same company in future if adding more panels.
Hide John's Comment

Cost

Communication was excellent, everything promised was delivered on time, installation was easy and professional.
Hide Peter's Comment

Cost

We made a special trip to Europe to investigate the latest battery-backed grid-connect solar systems in 2014 and had very specific and unconventional requirements for our system. Dean, alone of the installers we contacted, was prepared to accommodate our requests.

We are daily delighted with our system. We appreciate his humility, honesty and easy manner, whilst at the same time he and his employees deliver work of the highest standard. He is willing to embrace solar and storage technology as it evolves.

Dean has subsequently installed systems for friends and our neighbour, who are also very satisfied customers. We have no hesitation in recommending him and his team.
Hide Hilmar's Comment

Cost

My last bill after installation came to $13.69. Usually up around $300 plus so should be paid off in good time and think of the benefit to the environment. Wish our current crop of politicians would see the light and get away from the coal lobby.
Hide Peter's Comment

Cost

This was an addition to an existing solar installation and Dean offered good advice as to how to upgrade and once the quote was accepted the update was carried out very quickly.
I had previously contacted another solar company in Penrith to carry out this upgrade but he kept putting the job off as he was concentrating on doing larger installations and was leaving these smaller jobs for later. It was a refreshing change dealing with Esmart who quickly supplied a quote and promptly carried out the work.
Hide Les's Comment

Cost

I strongly recommend E-mart solar. The proprietor Dean was exemplary in his approach to sharing and explaining information. Taking the time to discuss the best options for the size system I was after.
The team possess great customer service skills. Consistent and easy to communicate with in a timely manner.
Installation was completed quickly, resolved any issues on the spot and they tidied up!
Hide Peta's Comment

Cost

After dealing with numerous Solar companies i chose Dean from E Smart solar to supply and install a quality system.From the start the communication was excellent with all questions and emails answered promptly.Turned up on time on the nominated install date. Quality workmanship on the install very happy with work performed Dean also set up wifi for monitoring system.The solar has been performing great since install. I would highly recommend E Smart solar
Hide Eric's Comment

Suntech

Enphase

Original Review on 22-07-2016:

I have ordered the system to be installed on the 13th September. Based on performance so far, which has been excellent. I expect the installation to be also good. The second option was also very good for information and service and only a little more expensive. The one I selected gave consistent prompt service. After that the options were less attractive and showed little interest. At least one option was misinformed or at least misinformed me as to the need for three phase supply.

Follow Up Review on 23-03-2017:

Yes as far as I can tell.
Hide Don's Comment

Cost

They were knowledgeable but not pushy; they communicated plainly and promptly; they worked hard to finish the job on a super hot day with one of the team off sick; they were polite and friendly.
Hide Lance's Comment

Cost

Excellent company who take pride in their work, including documentation and installation. To illustrate their professionalism, we were adding on to our existing system and they conducted a thorough site inspection prior to commencement.
Hide John's Comment

Cost

We chose Esmart solar after having a previous company quote & on the day of installation we found we were being misled on certain facts.
Needless to say they were dismissed from the property & the thought of solar was put to the back burner. After calming down I contacted Esmart & met with Dean on-site who was able to answer all my questions [ believe me I had some]. The system we chose was a 10 x 320watt panel system with micro inverters due to some shade issues.
The system was installed within 2 weeks & all done in one day including meter upgrade. Dean & his young team were outstanding both in workmanship & courtesy while working at our home & I would recommend them to any-one considering solar. When it comes time for a battery back-up I won't go anywhere else.

Denis

Katoomba
Hide Denis's Comment

1kW

Under $3000

Cost

Dean from E-Smart Solar was the first to respond to my enquiry. We have a complex stand alone system with a big battery bank. E-Smart Solar effectively doubled our panel wattage and integrated the new installation seamlessly into our setup. Some installers I talked to were intimidated by our complex rig, but Dean knew exactly what was needed and supplied us with premium components at a very reasonable price, backed up by professional and prompt workmanship.
thanks guys.