Sun Current Reviews

About Sun Current, Solar Installers

Sun Current
Sun Current is a Solar Power Installation company based in Melbourne and serves VIC. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Sun Current Solar Reviews

Well Done

We had a fantastic experience going through Sun Current The team were supportive throughout the whole journey and were always quick to respond and support us with any concerns we had.

The after-sales experience we have received from Simran has been outstanding. Our Solar System got installed two years ago, and Sun Current has continued to provide exceptional service for a few minor things that need to be followed up. We would highly recommend Sun Current to anyone considering a new Solar system.

Great Customer Service

The whole process was easy from beginning to end. The customer service we received was great. I’m very happy with our solar panels Show additional information
Installation was done 10 weeks ago and system is working fine after grid connection, whenever i call suncurrent - i always supported by Suncurent staff as i feel this is best part of any business when they look after thier customer.

I recommend definitely.
Our system was installed 3days after signing up and was generating power the next morning!!
The 2 guys who installed it were the nicest you would meet and such dedicated workers. The finished job is very neat and was done professionally.
We had the solar system installed in June. It took Origin Energy 2 months to install a smart meter after the installation. The solar system was turned on by the Origin Energy contractor and has not worked. We have contacted Sun Current on several occasions during August, including our salesman, and to no avail. They keep making excuses that they can’t get in touch with the installer. We were given the installer’s phone number and heard a message saying they were unavailable for contact until October. We have requested Sun Current to come and check our system, but they have not made any effort. We are still waiting. The system was supposed to be of high quality and the best on the market, so far it just doesn’t work and no-one wishes to help us. Prior to purchasing the system I checked the comments on Sun Current and had the salesman address the issues I had found and he assured me that all the issues were fixed up, however we have found that is not the case. BE AWARE OF SUN CURRENT. Show additional information
We made a great decision to choose SunCurrent. They provided us the best quality Enphase Micro-Inverter system at a better price than the other solar companies. Ron did a good job, not pushy at all and gave us the information and time to make an informed decision.
We got our system installed in 15 days after we made the decision. We are very impressed with their customer service and keeping us informed at every step.
We have got confirmation from our electricity company within a month that our system is connected to grid now.
We are happy to recommend them to all of you as they delivered what they promised.
Great experience dealing with SunCurrent team. Very professional throughout the process. They offered me premium system at the best price. They were quick to install and then get it inspected. Afterwards they sent the documents to my electricity provider, all happened within 20 days. I will highly recommend them for anyone who wants hassle free quality solar system installation at the best price. Show additional information
Initially went with Sun Current because they were willing to install a system over 6kW, other companies were more interested in installing only 4.5kW.

With the system installed for almost one year, I found that the inverter was showing an alarm, further checking showed that the circuit breaker had tripped. When the circuit breaker was reset, the inverter went through the initiallising process and made snapping and cracking sounds before the circuit breaker tripper off again. My first call to Sun Current, I gave 3 different fault codes, and was told that the problem was with the grid voltage being too high. I was told to call SPAusnet to get them to lower the voltage to the meter.

I played the game and had two fellows from SPAusnet come out to check the meter and transformer across the road, all was found to be within tolerance. I flicked on the circuit breaker for the inverter to demonstrate to them the problem, and they told me not to turn the breaker on again, and to get the inverter replaced straight away.

Another call to Sun Currents answering service, and I was told they would send one of their technicians to inspect the inverter after the Christmas/New Year break.

After the break, I emailed and was told that they had lodged a warranty claim and would advise when the new inverter arrives and when one of their technicians would come to install it.

A week later I called again and was told that somebody from the inverter manufacturer would be coming out to inspect the unit.

By this time I was wondering whether they were warranty dodging or folding the business all together.

I ended up calling the inverter manufacturer technician who told me he had only heard about my inverter problem a week before (this is after over a month without solar) he said he would be out on Monday, and true to his word he came out, found the inverter to be faulty and replaced it straight away.

Have now missed over a month of the best solar of the year, daily kWh was 40 either side of the inverter going down.
Customer service from the 1300 answering service is absent, and it appears their website is as well.
The salesman has been great, he answers his phone and is probably holding the company together.
The initial experience with sales team and installers was good. Installer told us we were connected to grid that day (2 nd October) as we had a smart meter already. System was generating, but two months later our supplier bill showed no solar rebates. On contact they had no knowledge of our panels. On contacting Suncurrent they said they were waiting on a new meter to arrive and would install. Now mid January. After numerous calls to Suncurrent and getting to know their answering system intimately, I have today been told they will get back to me with meter installation date. This has been a totally upsetting experience and I would advise others to seriously consider wether they want to put themselves through this.
To The manager of Suncurrent, if you are reading this, start treating your customers with respect. Learn to keep in contact with them, it costs nothing and only generates good customer relationships. If you have problems with supply pass the info on, most will understand.
A very impressive company to deal with. We researched different companies and got 4 quotes. I spoke to each representative and Sun Current was by far the best to deal with. They listened to what I wanted, quoted on what I wanted, and then advised me of the best solution that would meet our demands. No upselling, no heavy sales techniques, no smooth talking “sign up now” deals. When I signed up with them, they kept me informed of the process and kept their promise on install date in November 2017. The installers arrived on time and were well presented. I was very impressed with their professionalism and importantly they respected our newly built home. The system we installed consisted of 2x 2 kw systems as we are on 2 phase power, which are consistently generating 2.2kw per system. In 2 days we generated 40kw. This is because Micheal advised us on the best package and that is what we got. If you are spending the money, do yourself a favour and don’t just go for the cheapest system. Customer service and installation is outstanding. Great Job. Property address is in Heathcote. Show additional information
After much review and consideration, we opted for Sun Current over a number of competitors. Though in the past we used another supplier, we were rewarded with the decision to use Sun Current.
The sales process was seamless and communication around install timing was a delight.
Both the install and sales team checked in on us post the install to explain and demonstrate the monitoring system.
Big thanks to Ben and the Victorian team - whom we would have no hesitation in recommending.
We cannot get it to work despite months of calling for a technician who refuses to come back to repair. Bad decision to get this solar company to install' losing money and patience Show additional information
The Sun Current salesman told a few lies about the system specifications , very unhappy about that . The 5 kW SunGrow inverter derates sometimes and I'm not happy. Reading the inverter data sheet. the inverter derates when it reaches around 55 degrees in ternal temp. . Placing a hand on the inverter during full sun you can feel the heat , the inverter needs a better heat sinking / cooling design . I'm getting 20kW hrs a day now , mid October in Gippsland . Show additional information
Got a 4kw system, with the jinko panels. Very happy with my system, works great. Friendly honest mob. Show additional information
Sales person uses high pressure tactics on elderly gentleman. Signed on for a system to be installed on north roof with remaining to go on north west corner but when installer came said it would not fit and he just proceeded to install in the easiest position shaded by large shed. Do not deal with this company Show additional information
System is working well at present. Time will tell whether it pays for itself on schedule and whether it keeps going well. Call me again in two years time. Best regards Dave Show additional information