Sun Select

Sun Select Reviews

Sun Select is a Solar Power Installation company based in Westminster and serves WA. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $3,500 - $3,721 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Sun Select Reviews (13)

3.9/5

3.6/5

3.9/5

3.7/5

Reliable and efficient

Solar panel installation was demanding job for some, and it took a while for me to research and find out about the suitable company to do that. Then I came across SunSellect and Alex took reliable and thorough care throughout the whole installation process from scratch. Thanks for your dedication. Highly recommended!

Do not use Sunselect

Do not use this company, They outsource their installations to cowboys that don't show up and put no care into their work. We had a system upgraded a year ago and only through our rising electricity bills we found that the system was not producing one drop of energy.

Sunselect were contacted and it was up to myself to attempt to fix the system remotely. When that didn't work I had to upload electricty bills and take multiple series of photos before any tradesmen were contacted. And when they were contacted I was advised they would attend on certain days and never show up.

When a tradie did show up he was on his own and scratched the absolute crap out of the new roof removing every solar panel by himself to chech the wiring. After 3 more tradies over 2 months it was determined the inverter was faulty and did not work from the start. Sunselect said it was my fault for not checking the system in the first place when it was installed a year ago. I explained we payed automatic direct debit on our utility bills so we would not know if it was functioning or not. They declined to take any responsibility.

Great Customer service

Dealt with Eric over the phone & via email in relation to activating the Solar panel App.
Eric was very patient in explaining the process & would always provide follow-up phone calls when promised.
As a new customer, I am very happy with the level of service provided so far.

Great support

I received great support recently to assist me in setting up the Shine phone app to monitor my solar panels. I had a problem with this but Sunselect service manager, Eric, did everything he could to assist me through this process, he was in regular contact and kept me up to date with what was happening.

I thought good customer service is something that’s rare now days but Eric restored my faith

Solar Install

A few of the companies recommended, simply wanted to tell Erin how good they thought they were, and not focus on the needs of the customer. She chose Sunselect because they answered her concerns about the system cost, what she wanted and gave her 5 options she could choose from in terms of balancing a budget and system needs...after her needs were sorted they then went into how they keep their quality and system warranties...

Pay deposit and refuse to do the work

Take your deposit promise everything and deliver nothing
After six months will still not refund deposit
I would not deal with this company

Original Review on 08-09-2020:

Excellent, good price and great installation, professional and courtious.

Excellent sales and installation. Profesional and courteous installers. All round good experience. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Philip: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes as per other comments.

Sun Select - Great Experience

The sales and quote procedure was an easy process with the sales representative providing a competitive quote which lower when the Sun Select introduced a special during the weekend that I received the initial quote.

The took place within 3 weeks of paying the small deposit. The installers arrived on time, were polite an finished the day and included a efficient clean up.

The only suggestion I would have to improve the process would be for the installers to add the shine app to my iPhone.

I connected the customer service who was most helpful in adding the app to my iPhone .

I have not had to contact the service department in any regard to grid connection after installation

Hassle free installation. Just got it installed so can't say much about other hinges

Quote was simple but complete
Installation was tidy and punctual
They organised grid connection after installation

Poor customer service - do not use

I've spent the last 2 months trying to get solar sorted thru this company but the sales/installation teams are incompetent & with poor communication I had to pull the pin. Started off with sales, accepted the quote & paid my deposit. Was told 'do not worry, all will be sorted shortly' while waiting while waiting for confirmation from Energy Co. Given 2 installation dates, both no show by installation team. Told this was my fault because they put the account in my Mums name, even though numerous calls asking for this to be corrected. Handballed to the installation team, who were unable to communicate amongst themselves. Still managed to call my Mum to discuss my account on several occasions & finally ended up telling me they were unable to honour my original quote & would need to pay more & accept a different product. They even laughed at me when I said I would give negative feedback saying 'i'm not even a customer & ridiculous'. I've requested a refund of my deposit.

I recommend staying far away from this company. By far the worst customer service I have ever dealt with.

Amazing value

The sales rep was very pushy but I kept pushing quotes between another and Sunselect as they both claim they won't be beaten on price. It was fun watching this game of "chicken" and eventually the other blinked first.
Sunselect gave me 13.2 kW for $5550, which feels like outstanding value to me.

Good service. Good product. SunSelect inform customer.

Sales, installation, and customer service was good. I'm happy with SunSelect. They took the time to educate and answered all my questions.