EFS Solar

EFS Solar Reviews

EFS Solar is a Solar Power Installation company based in Southport and serves QLD. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $6,300 - $8,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

EFS Solar Reviews (22)

Great team, great products!

A friendly team who came on time, left a clean place after the job was done. The quoting was great and not pushy, provided 3 options of size and brands. I have indirectly seen their customer service to replace an inverter fried by a lightning and everything went smoothly and quickly. They organized the grid connection for a large inverter.

Fantastic installation

Right from the initial meeting with EFS Solar their professionalism and confidence in their service was showcased.

I couldn’t be happier with all aspects of my new system.
The Solar Analytics App is such a fantastic way to see the saving live and also a great way to track your energy usage.

BUYER BEWARE. Do your research before you sign a contract with EFS solar

We had an agent from EFS visit our house on Saturday morning and within an hour we had bought 20k worth of solar from them. We were completely unprepared and uneducated regarding solar. The agent told us he was not a salesman but an engineer and he told us EFS have a shop in Cairns, on the main street.

The following day we looked up the yellow pages and could not find their shop in Cairns, because they do not have a shop in Cairns. Apart form that, when I read the contract thoroughly, I noticed a few anomalies between what the contract said and what the agent had said.

We also chased up comparative quotes. One new quote from a legitimate Cairns company is thousands of dollars cheaper than EFS for a bigger system of the same quality brands and parts. We were advised by a few other retailers that a bigger system would be better for us because of our power usage.

We also rang clean energy council and found they are not a registered retailer.

Within a few days we decided to cancel the contract, being well within the 10 day cooling off period. We contacted the agent and head office by phone repeatedly and through multiple emails, trying to get acknowledge that they had received the cancellation. The agent finally confirmed he will cancel the contract in a text and then followed on with some rather unprofessional comments.

We have saved money and dodged a bullet by NOT using this company. We will be using a local retailer who is authorised to install our products and a registered clean energy retailer.

Amazing staff from beginning to end of installation.

Our Sales Rep was Matt Crouch informative and spoke in layman terms we could understand, and left his contact number if we had any other questions.
Installation was great said they would be here at 9,am arrived 8.55am two young men Guy and Sebastian worked in 36 degree heat. They worked together extremely well showing each other respect as well as us. They work very hard installing 19 panels, when they were done they cleaned up.
The customer service was good the grid installation was with Energy Australia which took 4 weeks, which was a bit disappointing since they had the information within three working days. EFS amazing Company to have work done. Energy Australia the jury is still out, waiting for my first bill to decide if I change my Energy provider.

Faultless

Great price, great quality, great install. Good explanation by the salesman.

Authentic and professional installer

The installation date was not as important to Guy, head installer, as was the safety of his apprentices when it bucketed down. He actually asked me if it was okay not to proceed as walking on the roof would have been so dangerous! They unloaded and left all the gear here for a few days until it was safe to proceed. I really welcomed that attitude and care as workplace accidents often can be avoided. Guy answered all my questions clearly when the installation was complete and I now feel more confident in the changeover to solar.

Installation of new system

Today I had our new system installed. The team was outstanding. They arrived early which was great. They were very polite and extremally professional. The Team leader explain how to access the app on my phone. I strongly recommend the entire team. Thanks guys

My name is Martha Yañez, today they solar panels were installed. Neil Clarke, and his worker (a nice young boy) arrive punctual at 8 am, both with great manners. Both of them very professional, straight to work,
A neat job.
Once they finished, they cleaned every bit of thrash. No trace of cartoons, of nothing.
At then end all was well explained.
And I have to repeat, well explained, with clarity and such good manners.
You should feel very proud of this team.
I am.
Makes me feel more confident to use this company and to be able to recommend them.
All thanks of Neil Clarke and this lovely boy.

Please let them know how happy I feel about their job

Great Service by the EFS Team

Dan from EFS Solar was very helpful and the reason I chose this company was that Dan followed up diligently and really worked hard to win my business. He listens to what I wanted and accomodate the different systems I wanted to use. He then worked to give me what I felt was a good deal for the two properties I was looking to install solar on. The quotation and acceptance process were easy. Once it came to the installation the EFS team led by Guy were fantastic. We had some concerns about how the solar would look from the front of the house and the team worked with us to ensure it was installed in line with our wishes. They worked throughout the day and were very professional and polite. Given their great service we put in a request to ensure this same team did the installation at our second property. Again the team arrived on time and did a fantastic job of installing our system. After the installation it was very easy to work with EFS to ensure we received the information to work with our electricity providers. Overall I would highly recommend EFS Solar.

From Sharon Gilmour

I would like to thank Guy, Sebastian and Jordan for my fast and efficient solar installation today.
They were so polite and friendly. They arrived on time and were very compliant with my wishes.
They kept everything tidy throughout the install and packed up and left no mess at all.
They are the nicest boys and did a great job in the heat of the day.
I will recommend the company and my Team to all my friends.
Management should be proud of the way they work. They are definitely an asset to the company.

Wildly inaccurate quoting just to get the job

They sold us a large system promised to cover the full electricity bill plus some pay back from the supplier for the surplus, (they stated it was a "no brainer" with the government grant) yet their system did not generate a fraction of the electricity promised - it is very disappointing - effectively the monthly cost of paying off their system plus the ongoing electricity supply costs has doubled our quarterly bill!

The quote was based on existing electricity supply bills and a predetermined site on roof with known partial shading - surprisingly they did not install parallel wiring to minimize this effect (and did not even discuss this prior to installation) and we have now waited over 4 months for after sales remedy of the lack of power generation capacity without serious attempt at solution - we wish we had considered the alternative providers who did not talk so big and would have been more realistic in output.

Tip don't trust EFS quote

"over promised and massively under-delivered"

Hi Lloyd, As we advised you when we sold the system to you, you needed to cut down trees and you advised us you would, we also advised you to move to the current 15c fit. You did not cut down the trees you advised us you would and you stayed with origin .06c fit when we advised there was a better FIT in the market. We have also offered to move your panels at no extra cost to you. We guarantee production of a solar system and your system is performing normally again we advise you change energy plans as your current plan is not benefiting you. We can not guarantee savings as in your case you have added a extra dwelling to you house after the solar is installed which uses extra power. If you wish to discuss this further or want any more information on feed in Tariffs and how you can get the most out of your solar please feel free to contact us.

Awesome job

From quote to installing we are very happy..Scott, Lachy and Danny did our installation and we couldn't ask for a better team...thanks guys.. we Will definitely be recommending EFS Solar to everyone we know ...

Good overall experience from the start to the completion

A person contacted me and collected a few facts about my needs and my understanding of the market.

The sales person contacted me at the agreed time and walked through a couple of options. We agreed for him to quote on a third with possible options.

The Installation team worked solidly for the whole time and were polite and caring of ourselves, our property and neighbourhood.

All the necessary paperwork was completed with me(virtually) and instructions on what I needed to do to submit the application.

Friendly sales staff, prompt installation team with professional workmanship

From start to finish EFS Solar were friendly and professional. Damian from the sales team was very friendly and certainly knew his stuff. He explained the system and advised us of the correct system for our needs. He was also helpful in organising a really good deal. The installation team were on site 15 minutes before their advised time and got stuck in to the work. They were very professional, certainly up for a chat about the work they were doing and their workmanship was nothing short of excellent. After completing the work they explained everything about it and advised us of what we needed to do to get it up and running. We have no hesitation in recommending EFS Solar to any prospective buyers. Well done EFS and we look forward to your ongoing support.

Installation of panels

All was smooth, Callum and Russell did the installing, gave good advice, would reccommend them to friends etc.

Great company, staff very informative

Guy was very polite and extremely helpful, not pushy. The quote wasn't the cheapest but was good value. The installation was done a week after aceptance. The crew were on time, tidy and all done within 4 hours. Overall, we are very happy with the whole exercise.

Very pleased with the solar installation

The sales and quoting process was very informative

The installation by Scott Frewen and his offsider was performed quickly and efficiently and both of them were very polite and courteous, They were neat with their work and tidied up after themselves very well. I would highly recommend Scott and your company as we were very impressed with their professionalism.

After the grid connection was made Scott explained to us that we would receive an email to tell us to inform our energy supplier that we now have solar energy.

Nicely surprised

I was a nervous customer choosing to install solar on 2 rental properties and worried that something may go wrong and upset my tenants. But thankfully all went well ... I met Cody and Krystal in their office and they patiently walked me through my many questions and concerns and arranged all finance and installation logistics. Very happy with the end result would recommend these guys.

Great installers and very friendly

Could not ask for a better electrocution funny as always smiling and friendly
Everything very good so far

Good service, friendly staff.

Would recommend EFS. Was disappointed they have still not installed the promised hot water timer.

Very professional. Very informative.

Salesman was very knowledgeable and great to deal with. Everything I got told would happen did so promptly and correctly.
Installers were prompt, efficient, safety conscious and very pleasant to converse with. Discussed all aspects of the installation before,during and after.
The company helped organise grid connection and we were up and running in 5 days.
Everything happened as it should, when it should and was a pleasant experience.