• With 1000s of Customer Reviews

Euro Solar Reviews

About Euro Solar, Solar Installers

Update: On July 9 2018 ASIC published this notice

"P & N PTY LTD trading as EURO SOLAR

ACN:130 845 199

Status:In Liquidation"

---

ASIC also lists a company called P & N NSW PTY LTD as holding the business name "Euro Solar".  P & N NSW PTY LTD is listed as 'registered' at time of writing (12 July 2018).

I strongly believe that if you use Euro Solar you are taking a risk. Maybe you are the sort of person who likes to gamble, but I think the odds are stacked against you when dealing with this organisation.

As you can probably tell, I’m not a fan of Euro Solar. While other companies have come and gone and performed worse installations and received more complaints on average, Euro Solar, in my judgement, has the worst reputation in the industry of any large company that has been around for an extended period of time.

While the rating of 3.9 out of 5 for Euro Solar reviews shown above may not seem too bad, it is one of the worst average ratings for any installer that we have received more than a dozen testimonials for. And, at time of writing, if you click the button to see only reviews from the last 6 months, you'll see that their rating is going down. There are a large number of recent Euro Solar reviews on the internet that are not flattering. When searching for them you may wish to try “Eurosolar review” as many people squash their name into one word.

Despite Euro Solar complaints being legendary in the industry, the company remains in business and still attracts customers because their prices are low. They even have a low price guarantee. While it is not necessarily true that you get what you pay for, it is definitely true that you won't get what you don't pay for and if you buy a cheap system from Euro Solar don’t expect a high quality system.

If Euro Solar were merely competing on price and using cheaper panels and inverters while avoiding the worst products on the market they would not earn my ire. Provided a company does not mislead its customers there is nothing wrong with competing on price or providing a “budget” option for people who are willing to take a chance on cheaper components. But not only has Euro Solar been responsible for some sloppy installations, the company has engaged in dishonest and illegal business practices.

Renewable Energy Certificates Were Claimed Using 'non-genuine' Solar Panels

On the 21 July 2017 the Australian Government Clean Energy Regulator required an enforceable undertaking from P&N NSW Pty Ltd (who hold the business name 'Euro Solar') for claiming Small-scale Technology Certificates for 'non-genuine' Solar Panels that were not approved for installation in Australia.

Euro Solar Claimed 15,044 Renewable Energy Certificates It Had No Right To

On the 26th of September 2013 the Australian Government Clean Energy Regulator required an enforceable undertaking from Euro Solar for claiming Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs) they did not have the required documentation for.

The Clean Energy Regulator determined that:

P&N Pty Ltd t/a Euro Solar breached paragraph 154Q (1) (a) of the Renewable Energy (Electricity) Act 2000 by claiming the multiplier for 508 installations where it did not have the required installation contracts to support its claim. As a result 15,044 STCs were improperly created.

STCs are certificates created as part of Australia’s Renewable Energy Target for installing renewable generating capacity such as rooftop solar. They are worth money and can be traded for cash. If I install 3 kilowatts of rooftop solar but claim STCs for 4 kilowatts then I have committed fraud. I have also harmed the environment by reducing certificates available to others for the installation of renewable generating capacity.

Euro Solar was required to hand over the 15,044 STCs they were not entitled to. At the time they surrendered them, they were worth considerably less than at the time they improperly created them, so justice was not done.

A PDF of the enforceable undertaking can be found here.

Euro Solar Fined $145,000 For Shonky Practices

On the 17th of January 2014 the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC) reported the Federal Court had fined Euro Solar and its related company, Worldwide Energy and Manufacturing Pty. Lt. $125,000 for:

“...publishing fake testimonials and making false or misleading representations about the country of origin of the solar panels they supply.”

In other words, Euro Solar panels were not made where they implied they were and Justice Besanko of the Federal Court found that these representations:

“...were a central part of the respondents’ business and marketing strategy”.

In addition the sole director of one of two companies that make up Euro Solar and also of Worldwide Energy Manufacturing Pty. Ltd. was ordered to personally pay a penalty of $20,000 for his role in misleading consumers.

If you have never heard of the company Worldwide Energy and Manufacturing Pty. Ltd. I am not surprised. They used to be known as “Australian Solar Panel” (since changed to "Australian Premium Solar"). They supplied Euro Solar panels and along with Euro Solar:

“...made false or misleading representations to consumers that they manufactured or supplied solar panels that were made in Australia - when they were in fact made in China.”

Euro Solar ACCC

Here's a little hint if you want to avoid getting in trouble with the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission - do not call your company Australian Solar Panel and then suggest, imply, or flat out tell people that you make or sell Australian panels when all you are doing is importing them from China. They really hate that.

And also, Euro Solar, fake reviews don’t impress anyone. Don't publish fake customer reviews on your site, on youtube, or anywhere else. Everyone hates that. That’s why it is illegal.

Euro Solar Complaints

Looking at some genuine and not fake reviews, I see many Euro Solar complaints involving a range of shonky business practices.

Firstly there is bait-and-switch where Euro Solar has a customer agree to a system and then calls back to tell them the panels they were quoted for are unavailable and will be replaced with an inferior brand. Two Euro Solar complaints on this are:

“When Euro Solar the next day sent me the documentation the quality of the panels was not the best as discussed... To this date they are refusing to give my deposit back.”

“I paid a $100 deposit to this company and was contacted the next day by one of their sales people telling me the solar panels that were originally quoted on were now out of stock so I would be getting some unknown brand name solar panels instead... I cancelled my installation with this company and requested a refund. Of course, no refund has ever been received.”

As described above, a common Euro Solar complaint involves people having difficulty getting their deposit back. So you would really want to be 100% sure you want to go with them before handing over any money.

There are numerous Euro Solar complaints about installations that were either faulty, not operational at all, or potentially dangerous, and the company not acting to rectify the problem. Four quotes from Euro Solar reviews mentioning these problems are::

“...system does not work properly and they refuse to fix it. If they refuse to fix it they shouldn't install it.”

“Shocking and incomplete installation... Legal action is pending to have all work that has been carried out by Eurosolar rectified in accordance with the sales contract and Ergon Energy requirements”

“The inverter packed it in after seven months and I have contacted them numerous times only to be given the run around...”

“Installed in Feb 2014, not yet connected at mid April 2015...”

If you are persistent it appears possible to get them to fix some problems, but I think you are far better off not putting yourself in a position where you need to hound them to do their job properly in the first place.

Euro Solar Is Not A SolarQuotes Client

SolarQuotes does not and will never include Euro Solar as one of the installers who will contact you if you are seeking quotes. They come nowhere close to meeting my standards for being a reputable installer. While I would like to think it is possible for them to change their ways, I do not believe they will ever change themselves to that large an extent.

While some installers working for Euro Solar are clearly doing better jobs than others, I have been unable to spot any pattern, so it seem it does not matter if it is Euro Solar Sydney, Euro Solar Melbourne, Euro Solar Brisbane, or Euro Solar Adelaide, you have to be on your toes when dealing with these people where ever you are. Or better yet, don’t deal with them at all.

Full Disclosure: SolarQuotes is a commercial site, albeit one run by a solar enthusiast. We make money by referring you to installers we trust, if you ask for quotes through this site. When we make a referral we get paid by the installer. We have about 200 solar installer clients throughout Australia that we've built up slowly since 2009. Those clients pay us every month for those referrals whether they make a sale or not. Euro solar have asked about becoming a client, but we have always turned them down. We would not be comfortable referring them to our friends, so we won't refer them via this site. In the spirit of transparency, Euro Solar are welcome to respond to our criticism, and we'll link to that response here.

Euro Solar Solar Reviews

After installation we were randomly chosen to have the installation independenly inspected by the solar energy commission who found a list of faults wrong with the installement. The original installers came out to rectify these faults. In August this year we recived an electricity bill for $1050 when we checked our inverter it was not working. After making numerous phone calls to Euro solar a contractor came out from Euro solar and found a supply wire had come out of the connector and had made contact with our metal roof causing the system failure. This was due to the cable being stretched because the wires are attached to the panel rail with cable ties not stainless steel clips as per Australian standards. Euro solar have not even offered to pay half our bill out of common courtesy due to an inverter fault caused by poor installation. We are currently waiting for our new inverter to be replaced. Once the warranty expires on the new inverter I will have it replaced by an independent installer. Show additional information
I called and emailed Pat for my mum to tell him that since I have had my solar panels installed my Meter box has been tripping
I emailed him in about the 20th of August and this is the reply on the 27th August

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in reply. An installer has been arranged to solve the problem. You will receive a call from his side to book an appointment. If you want you can also call him on give below details:

Name: (withheld)
Contact: (withheld)
And I'm still waiting and so I have organised my own electrician to come look at it
I should send you his bill for reimbursement
Found the installation was really good and the 2 guys that did it where really good (we were their first battery installation for these guys) but the after sales side to it IS really bad we had ordered 3 batteries and had been charged for 3 only recieved 2 After 4 months of harrasing this company the 3rd battery finally arrived then decided 6 months later to get another battery and told we could get a 4kw battery so paid a depsit and ordered and 4 months later no battery had arrived when rang them about this not only was I told they were having problems getting another battery and they don't do 4kw batteries and that i'd paid for a 2.4kw battery Took them a month to give me back my depsoit I want to get some more batteries but really don't want to deal with these people Show additional information
My advise to anyone considering going with this mob is to leave them well alone. All they are interested in is installing new systems and racking in the cash. When it comes to after sales service you're on your own. From my own experience dealing with Berry. Show additional information
My solar system was installed on the 17/6/18 I’ve had no trouble since then .l apologise for not getting in touch with you before this. Doug Show additional information
Installation team moved the exhaust on roof to put the panels and left it there without fixing it back properly. Didn’t let me know. I got mouse everywhere in the roof and cold breeze. Very bad customer service too. Show additional information
The customer service is absolutely appalling. I can't believe these people are still in business. We've had problems from day one. Ten workmen came around to install the panels with one carrying a single screw driver. Needless to say, they didn't get anything done on that day. When the inverter was finally installed, it died after 8 months. We didn't realise until 3 months later. We haven't had our panels checked yet for their 2-yearly maintenance check. Now the server has been down for 5 months so we have to physically check the system every day when we were ensured the server would be up by now. We would like to check the functionality on our computers as promised but no, not with these guys. So inconvenient. I totally regret going with this company. I advise all my friends not to deal with this company if they want to keep their sanity and money. I wish we could get the panels removed and the inverter taken away and start again with another company. Biggest mistake I have ever made. Show additional information
I warn everyone DO NOT GO WITH EURO SOLAR!
WARNING, ALARM BELLS!!!!!!!!!
This is the strongest warning I can make to anyone who is reading this, DO NOT USE EURO SOLAR!
I have had nothing but trouble with every aspect of Euro Solar.
What a terrible service.
Ordered and paid deposit over 2 months ago.
Promised installation in 4 weeks.
WHAT A JOKE.
They promise to return calls.
Never do.
Never give a date for installation.
Go elsewhere. Too unreliable.
They installed the panels down one side of my tiled roof, now that we have several heavy falls of rain, I have had to replace my inside ceiling, as they left holes and cracks in the tiles, did not fill them and did not inform us, so naturally the rain came inside the roof. Utterly poor workmanship. Show additional information
I have been chasing Euro Solar to fix my inverter, i have been told it is faulty. I got the solar system installed on 21/01/2018, my inverter stopped working 15/05/2018, i didn't realise until the 03/06/2018. I then contacted Euro Solar on the 04/06/2018 and i am now still running around after them.
It seems to me that the company will be quick to continuously take other orders for installation for new customers meanwhile the existing customers are having to wait because WE HAVE ALREADY PAID. So why fix our problem when you can gain another $6000 instead.
Instead of taking responsibility, they are quick to pass the blame on something else. I keep getting told that solax will be in touch with me as they are the ones that will be coming out to see me. I have also been told " it will be dealt with when its dealt with and you are just going to have to wait PATIENTLY, they need some time".
I will be going to fair trading and other avenues because this is not okay. Todays date is the 31/07/2018 and still being told the same thing by the Euro Solar employee KEVIN.
If i knew what i know now i would most definitely NOT have gone with this company.
I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY!!!
Beware...once they have your money the service ends. Full stop Show additional information
I had to wait 3 months from promised institutions date before panels were installed. Countless phone calls chasing up due dates and then no shows. Panels finally delivered only to be put off again .for a further 3 weeks.
Now I am having to chase up electrical certificates that should have been provided to my power supplier. So that they can start to reimburse me for the power that I supply to the grid.
I believe this company is insolvent as of today. Show additional information
I got a 5kw solar system installed by Euro Solar in October 2017, people who came to install this system they left my roof open. They unscrewed the roof then never screwed it at all and few days later we had heavy rain and all the water went inside the roof, damaged ceiling, insulation of my house. Since that day I'm struggling to get it fixed. I rang the company many times but they kept saying it's not their job to fix it, its installer's job but when I went with this company, I didn't know who was the installed or I never hired them and I paid the money to Euro Solar so for me it's their responsibility to sort this matter well I rang installer as well, was waiting from last 8 months and every time he's making excuses. It's July 2018 I'm still struggling to sort this issue so I'll request to other people don't go with this company plz find someone reliable. This is the worst company to go for solar because their customer service is really bad, doesn't matter how many times you ring them they won't answer you back but when they need new customer, they'll ring you again and again won't even provide you enough time to think so Be Careful! Show additional information
This company had drawn out my contract long time ago while my house was being built. They gave me poor advise at that instant that my house will be suited to 18 panels for a 5 kW system. Last year in May when I moved into my house and the installation team came to do the installation, they gave me the bad news that only 11 panels can be fitted comfortably on the roof. I had called multiple people in the company asking for alternatives like using high watt panels and all they gave me was someone will be coming to have a look and give me advise or no response!!! No one came despite me following up multiple times. A year later I am still trying to get some resolution to installation of solar panels. Customer service people just say we will call you today and I don't hear from them. Talk about refunding my deposit and no answer either! I strongly recommend NOT using this company. Highly unprofessional and no understanding of customer requirements despite ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 accreditation. On top of that it is not hard to do simple math on the watt capacity using different panels and providing a quote or solution. Their technical knowledge is shocking and untrustworthy. Do not recommend them at all. Show additional information
So I reviewed 2 months ago. I am yet to get any satisfaction. I am lodging an action with QCAT, I have it in writing that they would honour their guarantee. I spoke to their installer who told me he no longer works for Euro Solar as he has not been paid. Show additional information
Their installation is crap ... the wiring to the mains was not screwed up tight and was so loose it burnt out all the relays ... costing me over $300. Their customer service is non- existent... and do not answer correspondence or calls Buyer Beware This company is BS. Show additional information
Everything seems ok at the moment. Haven't had my first bill yet since the installation. Show additional information
System only product 1/2 what they should be before call them no result
Forget this company and warranty avoid them at any cost
I am the tenant of the home, our Pandora’s arranged installation of the solar, the installers requested copies of my bill to link the solar rebate to my account. When installed the man showed me the system was running correctly & that my meter for the peak usage should wind in reverse to gain my rebate! Well 2 bills later I received an illegal connection notice & a $1300 bill I cannot pay this bill, I was also not in the house for 6 weeks of the billing time but yet have a huge bill, Origin told me to take it up with EuroSolar as it was their fault as installation was made in 2017 they had to install the correct meter & failed to do so. EuroSolar ignore my calls, emails & Facebook messages. Show additional information
Put deposit down in August 2017 they said be installed in 3weeks installation December now in April 2018 still not running poor as now consumer affairs dealing with would prefer every thing removed and my money returned Show additional information
Over 4 months to be installed. I got a 5kw system, they gave me 2 inverters a 3 kw and a 2 kw.
The installers came out 3 times to do the job but couldn't, due to having the wrong gear and it was raining. Every time the next day euro solar was chasing me for money even tho the job was not even started.
I asked for a system that I could monitor from my computer but I can only monitor 1 of the 2 inverters.
The installation got 2 minor and one major defect.
I found them a very pushy company I would not recommend them at all.
8 of my solar panels are cracked. Euro Solar has agreed to replace them but thus far 2 and a half months down the track I am still waiting. The after sales service is not great. It took them 4 months to repair my inverter. Show additional information
After constant phone calls to the company that we believed the system was not producing enough energy and after sending the readings over several days we were told that the system was performing within the expected international standard. We did not agree as we know other systems in the area and had there readings. We decided to get an installer who is contracted to euro solar to inspect and it was found that the system was only 50% working, and due to a burnt out plug possible due to poor installation. Euro solar refuses to talk to us and to reimburse us for the repair and parts. Will be taking legal action and the use of communication option to advise others of the poor service. Show additional information
I decided to go with Euro Solar because I thought they are good and reliable, spend $300 to book their Solar System. Offer me Jinko Panel. But they came with Some other Chinese Company Called "ZN-SHINE"

Jeff
Sales Consultant.

5.94 KW Solar System
The Solar Package, for 5.94 kw system is listed below:
18+4 x 270W ZN SHINE TIER1 Photovoltaic Solar Panels,
1x 05 kw Solax single Wi-Fi inverter
Wiring and Mounting Kit (Tilt Kit -optional),
Installation by CEC-Accredited Electrician.
Total cost (Cash price) will be $5000 (including GST)
Meter Upgrade Charges – If applicable

I was not aware of they going to cheat me.. when i fount ZN SHINE panel is a very bad panel and nowhere near good, I ring Euro Solar to Change the panel To REC. One of the best panels in the market. They Say they don't put REC panel and they are not good. and start talking negative (BS) about REC panel. Jeff,
Sales Consultant
Well they couldn't Convince me with their big "Lie" I have Done some research in internet this time.
And i ask them to refund my money. then this sales man hurry to hang up on me and i couldn't get him on the phone. Still trying..... to get him. not picking my phone.
At any cost Stay away from Euro Solar.... rather than get cheated.

One other thing... they cheat my friend with some very cheap panel. they offer some good panel but at the day they came to install with cheap panel. Don't get cheated. Stay away from these people.
STAY AWAY FROM EUROSOLAR AT ALL COSTS

EURO SOLAR are installing systems that they know have been failing on a large scale. I have one of these systems and it has completely stopped working last November. They are telling affected customers that they have to pay for an upgraded system that they know wont fail otherwise they will install the same faulty panels and system unless you pay. This is further worsened by the fact they tell you that if you don't pay for the system that works then you will have to wait for approximately 10 weeks until they can source another same faulty brand system to reinstall.

I encourage everyone who is going through this to look into your States Office of Fair Trading. in my instance it is QLD Office of Fair Trading and if you look up Consumer rights you will see section consumer guarantees - a guide for consumers. under this section if you are experiencing a MAJOR FAILURE like me you will be entitled to a FULL REFUND AND COMPENSATION FOR THE COST OF THE ELECTRICITY YOU HAVE HAD TO PAY FOR SHOULD THE SYSTEM HAVE WORKED AND GENERATED ELECTRICITY AS IT SHOULD HAVE IF IT WORKED AS IT WAS MEANT TO

There is a letter template you can look up Complaint letter tool both on the ACCC and QFT

I am also lodging a QCAT (QLD COURTS) claim against this group as they have completely neglected to resolve the situation suitably and i believe the fact they are offering to replace a faulty system with a known system that fails is ILLEGAL and also very dangerous to the safety of your house given it could be a faulty electrical component

Once i have secured an outcome i will be posting it for all to review and hopefully this helps consumers who are being abused and taken advantage of by EURO SOLAR
A SolaX Inverter was installed with our new 5kW solar system in October. The inverter has never worked.
All the power that should have been generated and used has disappeared due to a faulty inverter that apparently needed a software update when it was installed. Was the update done then, NO.
SolaX and Eurosolar are blaming each other. Where does that leave us? Nowhere.
Jessica from EuroSolar says " just like your iPhone smart inverters need a software upgrade occasionally".
Yes, Jessica that is right but my iPhone still works right up to and after I do the upgrade.
And for our $5k investment and such a hot summer all we get is increased power bills as the aircon has been on constantly.
Will EuroSolar assist with our power bills? NO, not their problem.
EuroSolar customer service is incredibly poor, management do not return phone calls and pass the buck constantly.
If you are having this company install a new system, check what inverter they are installing and whether it needs a firmware update before it gets installed or you will end up like us, having to call constantly for an update just to get a well practised brush off.
We can see Fair Trading and The Ombudsman are going to be our only option as our patience has expired.
AVOID AVOID AVOID. Only go with this sham of a company if you enjoy never talking to the same person twice, being disconnected and never receiving a call back. These clowns ran me around for 3 months until they decided they wouldn’t do my installation. Absolutely no accountability on their behalf. Show additional information
We contacted Company, agreed on product, paid deposit. Now we have tried to contact Company to install and are getting "run around", phones not being answered, will call you back" - no call backs, "you haven't paid your deposit"- have proof of payment, "nothing to do with Queensland office" - the phone number on paperwork. Project number is 125588, to us this is a binding contract, why does this Company think differently, even suggested money back & they "shirk" around this also, leaves no alternative but to take matter to next level. Stear clear of this shoddy Company, they are not honest. Show additional information
The panels were breaking down after 5 years with hairline cracks and burn spots growing. Eurosolar replaced the panels with renesola panels for a fee of $350. Show additional information
This was a 4 month process not worth the stress Show additional information
All in all it went ok, Installers were very professional. Now i have contacted Energy Australia in order for them to come out and install a NET meter, i have read other stories of people waiting up to 10 weeks before the electricity suppliers came out and replaced there meters with the correct one, to enable feed in tarifs, i Personally think the solar supplier should have this Pre Arranged..... Show additional information
System installed 3 yrs ago, already replaced the inverter, no problem there, they switched it out for a new one with very little fuss. System is now all a sudden only producing half what it should. Euro solar have been giving me the run around. Want to charge me $220 to come out and investigate the problem. Apparently i need to bring them out every 2yrs for a ‘periodical’ but i didn't. Ok, i’ll pay the cash, but still can't help me. Will now have to go else where for after sales support. Show additional information
We had a 5kW system installed 2 years ago and noticed generation loss. After many phone calls to Euro and getting the run around with no outcome.
Will engage with ACCC for misleading and warranty only generated 1/2 it normal
They said that it working good 5 kW system only can produce 16 to 18 kWh a day in summer so stay away from this company
Despite Eurosolar having the installation on and completed by the 12th of Dec, and me recieving notification that Origin Energy had received notification of it being ready,
I am still waiting for Energy to install a "smart meter', to enable the system to operate. I personally got onto them before Xmas about the delay. Was told it usually takes 20 days, but because of holidays, would not be on before New Year. Received an email saying they would to install on 10th Jan, but was no show. On again chasing them up once more, was told would be now on 22nd of Jan. Just hope it happens. Through no fault of the solar installers, I have been paying the energy company for over a month for their power instead of using my own. Most unsatisfactory power supplier. When all installed will be looking for another supplier.
They did mark, damage the tin roofing a little which is annoying Show additional information
Totally incompetent. My power bill doubled! Despite my concerns with grid metering, they failed. Ongoing action with them now to rectify and compensation for extra power I produce being billed as grid supplied. Show additional information
False information provided in regards to rebate just to finalize the sale. I was informed over telephone, but they only keep 3 months of phone records on file, suprise surprise....my first quarterly electricity bill was issued after records were deleted, hence no evidence on my behalf, EVERYTHING was verbal and over the phone, the only form of written paperwork was the contract issued via email to sign and return, which was non-inclusive of all the rebates information I was verbally provided with. Findings of customer service to be of unprofessional standard. Be very cautious! Show additional information
Very responsive and addressed my issues/questions immediately. At no point did I feel I was being pushed or ripped off. Show additional information
Happy with the service given. System has been running for 1 month but at the moment happy with everything. Show additional information