Euro Solar Reviews

About Euro Solar, Solar Installers

I strongly believe that if you use Euro Solar you are taking a risk. Maybe you are the sort of person who likes to gamble, but I think the odds are stacked against you when dealing with this organisation.

As you can probably tell, I’m not a fan of Euro Solar. While other companies have come and gone and performed worse installations and received more complaints on average, Euro Solar, in my judgement, has the worst reputation in the industry of any large company that has been around for an extended period of time.

While the rating of 3.9 out of 5 for Euro Solar reviews shown above may not seem too bad, it is one of the worst average ratings for any installer that we have received more than a dozen testimonials for. And if you click the button to see only reviews from the last 6 months, you'll see that their rating is going down. There are a large number of recent Euro Solar reviews on the internet that are not flattering. When searching for them you may wish to try “Eurosolar review” as many people squash their name into one word.

Despite Euro Solar complaints being legendary in the industry, the company remains in business and still attracts customers because their prices are low. They even have a low price guarantee. While it is not necessarily true that you get what you pay for, it is definitely true that you won't get what you don't pay for and if you buy a cheap system from Euro Solar don’t expect a high quality system.

If Euro Solar were merely competing on price and using cheaper panels and inverters while avoiding the worst products on the market they would not earn my ire. Provided a company does not mislead its customers there is nothing wrong with competing on price or providing a “budget” option for people who are willing to take a chance on cheaper components. But not only has Euro Solar been responsible for some sloppy installations, the company has engaged in dishonest and illegal business practices.

Euro Solar Claimed 15,044 Renewable Energy Certificates It Had No Right To

On the 26th of September 2013 the Australian Government Clean Energy Regulator required an enforceable undertaking from Euro Solar for claiming Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs) they did not have the required documentation for.

The Clean Energy Regulator determined that:

P&N Pty Ltd t/a Euro Solar breached paragraph 154Q (1) (a) of the Renewable Energy (Electricity) Act 2000 by claiming the multiplier for 508 installations where it did not have the required installation contracts to support its claim. As a result 15,044 STCs were improperly created.

STCs are certificates created as part of Australia’s Renewable Energy Target for installing renewable generating capacity such as rooftop solar. They are worth money and can be traded for cash. If I install 3 kilowatts of rooftop solar but claim STCs for 4 kilowatts then I have committed fraud. I have also harmed the environment by reducing certificates available to others for the installation of renewable generating capacity.

Euro Solar was required to hand over the 15,044 STCs they were not entitled to. At the time they surrendered them, they were worth considerably less than at the time they improperly created them, so justice was not done.

A PDF of the enforceable undertaking can be found here.

Euro Solar Fined $145,000 For Shonky Practices

On the 17th of January 2014 the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC) reported the Federal Court had fined Euro Solar and its related company, Worldwide Energy and Manufacturing Pty. Lt. $125,000 for:

“...publishing fake testimonials and making false or misleading representations about the country of origin of the solar panels they supply.”

In other words, Euro Solar panels were not made where they implied they were and Justice Besanko of the Federal Court found that these representations:

“...were a central part of the respondents’ business and marketing strategy”.

In addition the sole director of one of two companies that make up Euro Solar and also of Worldwide Energy Manufacturing Pty. Ltd. was ordered to personally pay a penalty of $20,000 for his role in misleading consumers.

If you have never heard of the company Worldwide Energy and Manufacturing Pty. Ltd. I am not surprised. They used to be known as “Australian Solar Panel” (since changed to "Australian Premium Solar"). They supplied Euro Solar panels and along with Euro Solar:

“...made false or misleading representations to consumers that they manufactured or supplied solar panels that were made in Australia - when they were in fact made in China.”

Euro Solar ACCC

Here's a little hint if you want to avoid getting in trouble with the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission - do not call your company Australian Solar Panel and then suggest, imply, or flat out tell people that you make or sell Australian panels when all you are doing is importing them from China. They really hate that.

And also, Euro Solar, fake reviews don’t impress anyone. Don't publish fake customer reviews on your site, on youtube, or anywhere else. Everyone hates that. That’s why it is illegal.

Euro Solar Complaints

Looking at some genuine and not fake reviews, I see many Euro Solar complaints involving a range of shonky business practices.

Firstly there is bait-and-switch where Euro Solar has a customer agree to a system and then calls back to tell them the panels they were quoted for are unavailable and will be replaced with an inferior brand. Two Euro Solar complaints on this are:

“When Euro Solar the next day sent me the documentation the quality of the panels was not the best as discussed... To this date they are refusing to give my deposit back.”

“I paid a $100 deposit to this company and was contacted the next day by one of their sales people telling me the solar panels that were originally quoted on were now out of stock so I would be getting some unknown brand name solar panels instead... I cancelled my installation with this company and requested a refund. Of course, no refund has ever been received.”

As described above, a common Euro Solar complaint involves people having difficulty getting their deposit back. So you would really want to be 100% sure you want to go with them before handing over any money.

There are numerous Euro Solar complaints about installations that were either faulty, not operational at all, or potentially dangerous, and the company not acting to rectify the problem. Four quotes from Euro Solar reviews mentioning these problems are::

“...system does not work properly and they refuse to fix it. If they refuse to fix it they shouldn't install it.”

“Shocking and incomplete installation... Legal action is pending to have all work that has been carried out by Eurosolar rectified in accordance with the sales contract and Ergon Energy requirements”

“The inverter packed it in after seven months and I have contacted them numerous times only to be given the run around...”

“Installed in Feb 2014, not yet connected at mid April 2015...”

If you are persistent it appears possible to get them to fix some problems, but I think you are far better off not putting yourself in a position where you need to hound them to do their job properly in the first place.

Euro Solar Is Not A SolarQuotes Client

SolarQuotes does not and will never include Euro Solar as one of the installers who will contact you if you are seeking quotes. They come nowhere close to meeting my standards for being a reputable installer. While I would like to think it is possible for them to change their ways, I do not believe they will ever change themselves to that large an extent.

While some installers working for Euro Solar are clearly doing better jobs than others, I have been unable to spot any pattern, so it seem it does not matter if it is Euro Solar Sydney, Euro Solar Melbourne, Euro Solar Brisbane, or Euro Solar Adelaide, you have to be on your toes when dealing with these people where ever you are. Or better yet, don’t deal with them at all.

Full Disclosure: SolarQuotes is a commercial site, albeit one run by a solar enthusiast. We make money by referring you to installers we trust, if you ask for quotes through this site. When we make a referral we get paid by the installer. We have about 200 solar installer clients throughout Australia that we've built up slowly since 2009. Those clients pay us every month for those referrals whether they make a sale or not. Euro solar have asked about becoming a client, but we have always turned them down. We would not be comfortable referring them to our friends, so we won't refer them via this site. In the spirit of transparency, Euro Solar are welcome to respond to our criticism, and we'll link to that response here.

Euro Solar Solar Reviews

Last year inverter stopped working waited five months to be replaced now systems not making power again since replaced. Nearly a year in total. Energy company said its not working. Eurosolar wants four times a day readings. Just send a repairman out & stop stalling. Show additional information
Where do i start, they left our installation call to the last minute, wouldn't give us all the details of the installer.
Getting phones calls at kids bed times and very late at night.
If you want to know...DON'T USE THEM
Gave a quote based on a satellite photo, the day before installation they wanted to reduce our size and change panel amounts,this wouldn't even run our air con,let alone save us money.
After numerous heated and stressful phone calls were finally given a refund and then told us not to give bad publicity.
Well thank goodness I came across this site.
So my review is DO NOT GO WITH EURO SOLAR, stay away and avoid them.
Not only matched but gave significantly better price for the same high quality components compared to others. Show additional information
System broke down less than 2 years after installation, while still under warranty. Very poor service, more than 2 months and still not replaced. Person answering phone refuses to let me speak with manager. Says will organise and get back to me within 48 hours, has said in this on about 5 different occasions over the past 2 months. Still waiting to have fixed. Show additional information
I was told by Euro solar sales rep that the system would fit on my roof which i found strange as he checked it by satellite photos from the net. I told them i would like someone to come out and properly measure which the did not.

I trusted them and paid my deposit. The following week the installer came to fit system and they said they could not fit panels because there was no room to do so.

Since they could not fulfill the contract i asked for my money back. After 5 days and half a dozen calls and emails I am still to get my refund. Not a team i would like to deal with in future.
Worst experience and poor customer service. Installation was OK. But the installer broke many roof tiles and then glued them (as I did not have spares) asking us to replace them before the next rain. They promised when we got the spares they will come and replace them as glued tiles will not hold on heavy rains. Purchased the tiles, called them and they confirmed - did they show up? NO.

I organised to do the work myself and avoid pouring water into my house, have the docs, but no one (Euro solar or the Installer) takes the responsibility to pay for costs. I have another surprise to share and that is I found the solar panels the supposed to be brand new and last for 25 or so years , faded and full of scratches (second hand ones) plus many other broken tiles , not even glued. New customers there are other companies to consider.
I have been trying to solve these issues since Feb 2017, they are tossing and postponing the matter, and unfortunately phone calls and emails got me nowhere yet. .

I will definitely followed it up.
Good Customer service. Definitely recommended Show additional information
Their attitude towards the customer is absolutely ridiculous. In my case they have made a mistake of submitting my documents to the wrong supplier company, because of that I have lost all my generated (30 to 31 kWh daily ) electricity. And I came to know when i rang my supplier. Than I called Euro Solar and they are tossing my call here to there. Finally after 3 months, after talking to different people, finally shamelessly they said "I SPOKE TO MY MANAGER THERE IS NO COMPENSATION FOR IT" . AND MY MANAGER IS BUSY. SO NOW I AM GOING TO RING THE OMBUDSMAN DEPARTMENT. Show additional information
Recently newly installed so far..very happy. Show additional information
solar panel shattered on roof told by euro solar rock did it no warranty panels are tested for hardness of glass must of fell off a 380 boeing Show additional information
I would certainly recommend Euro Solar to others as they were an extremely efficient company. Show additional information
We have had a 5KW Growatt system installed (incorrectly wired initially) which from day 2 has clattered at the Inverter box and only worked intermittently. It is also affecting the ADSL service in our area as proven by a Telstra technician. Multiple phone calls and emails with little to no response has now led to a request for a replacement or refund or else we will be taking it up with Consumer Affairs. Terrible Service and Terrible Product no other words needed. Show additional information
Service to the customer poor and they do not keep you informed. The installers seem to run the show Show additional information
We are taking action. We can't take anymore of this and have lost so much already. We have contacted the department of commerce WA and ACCC. A current affair and will be telling everyone who will listen. Please, please contact me on [email protected] and lets work together so we can get refunded and get this absolute crap off our property. Show additional information
I felt pressured to do the deal, end of Dec 16 with a solid promise of installation mid to end of Jan 17. Now into April and still not installed, they blame the energy company but after research they have made application for metering incorrectly several times. Their customer service people have all the answers , mean while payments continue to be made for finance. Just BS Show additional information
Despite many calls to Eurosolar and intervention from their local installer on our behalf, we have been waiting since November 2016 for a replacement inverter. I have been advised on three occasions the inverter is en route with promises of follow-up calls that do not happen. Today we receive a call from Eurosolar enquiring if the work has been completed. Eurosolar is in a sheer muddle of inadequacy- no one knows what is going on at any stage. Show additional information
I had a inspection ,the inspector had to get the installer out to change a type of switch ,next to the inverter apparently it was the wrong type ,as the light on the inverter was changing from green/blue to red and I had to switch it off and turn it on again ,on 2 occasions ,It seems to be alright now Show additional information
Finn, you could only give me one supplier in this area and he didn't get in touch to give me a quote.

I went ahead with Euro Solar because there were plenty of referees and they were keenly priced as well as having a local installer who did a fantastic job installing the equipment. The reason I have ticked the 'no' box below is because the installation has only been operational for 2 weeks and a little longer makes it more objective.
This is the worst experience I have ever had, never had issues with my flat roof until the 3 young guys walking all over it and buckling the panels refuse to take ownership. I have water pouring into my house now if it rains or I have the Evap on. Not happy and the after care is poor. It was only that I contacted Consumer Affairs did the lady say she would give me a letter to say they are not taking responsibility for it, so I have taken this further. Show additional information
I have been chasing them up for months now, never made the original booking time for installation, Never got a call back from them I have had to chase them repeatedly. Installers could't install on any of the roof they said they could, unit had to go on shed and only half of it even gets sunlight. Not to mention they refused to install unless I did the roof work and dug trenches. I supplied Eurosolar with multiple pictures and information on roof and house for installation, always get told it will definetely fit easily. Zeversolar inverter has tripped out 3 times in less than a week. Overall poor quality, installers are getting paid pennies so they don't want to do a great job. Sales team will promise you everything and become quite rude when you follow up for it. Worse company I have ever had to deal with. Show additional information
I would like to thank you for the help given on your web site.
I am sorry I could not use the companies you recommend but it was important for me to have the complete system including the meter from the one supplier.
I considered getting the meter from an electrician but they were all quoting 700 to 800 dollars.
I also investigated changing my electricity supplier to one who would provide the net meter free of charge but found this is not as economic as it sounds
DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MOB.
PAID DEPOSIT DEC 2016 $304.00
I HAVE RANG EVERY WEEK FROM 6/1/2017
TO BE TOLD THE INSTALLER WILL RING ME ON THAT DAY
I HAVE SPOKEN TO 4 DIFFERENT SO CALLED SUPERVISERS ALL SAYING THE SAME.
TODAY 24/2/2017 I AM STILL WAITING.
DEPT OF FAIR TRADING HERE I COME.
Solar panels didn't last for even one year. Very Bad customer service from the technician , once they installed thats done . Don't care about the warranty .Have to wait for weeks and weeks . Technician doesn't know how to approach the clients, very unprofessional...... he was trying to tell me that he visited my property and I wasn't there while I was at home . Show additional information
Absolutely terrible experience. Started off with installation of panels 3 months later than planned. Then Euro Solar didn't install as stated so had a fight to get someone back to correct them. Didn't change over the meter box until 174 days after that! And that was after a lot of phone calls, emails etc because we discovered that our provider wasn't aware we had solar - otherwise it still probably wouldn't be working to this day.

They do not return phone calls and you are lucky if you get a return email. Was promised an accommodation voucher as compensation and 6 months later am still chasing them for it.

I strongly urge no one to use them!
Yet to fit the system, so I'm expecting there may still be some issues (from reading Euro Solar reviews) Show additional information
Terrible service. The system was put in - MOST of it was put in but the left half it disconnected. They refused to come and fix it, then they made 2 appointments they broke (daytime when I had to be home, but then they never bothered to show up). System STILL isn't fully installed 6 months later. PATHETIC. Show additional information
We have been given the run around by everyone concerned on this install by Euro solar and their team.
Has been very stressful to us as in a new area with extreme high heat
We are Using 12kW 3 phase ac and installed the solar to alleviate account worries and have had nothing but problems with the grid connection (still not on the grid) and inverter failing .
I might add 2 other houses in our street have recently had solar installed by other companies and had no issues. our previous install with Euro Solar in Cranbourne Vic went smoothly with no problems
They were cheap.
Months later, the install is not finished, with some of the parts never put in.
They said an electrician would come to finish it - he never showed up. A second one - never showed up... then called to reschedule ... then never showed up AGAIN! It has now been MONTHS and the system is not working as advertised. PATHETIC.
They failed to pay my referral bonus, lying that it had been done.
DO NOT GO WITH EURO SOLAR.
They are cheap, but the service is PATHETIC.
Euro Solar consultants, were not totally honest, they provided me quotation with wifi but when system installed without wifi card while they requested customers pay 2 days before installation, please be careful. Show additional information
Do not use this company Show additional information
Double check your bills before sizing.. I should have gone bigger. Show additional information
They make falls promise to customer when they sell. They don't put details in the contract what they tell the customer. I still did not receive any Installation checklist, Certificate of compliance-Electrical work. I think they should put two isolator for two rows of solar panels on the roof (14 panels each row). It should be dual tracking/control (for shade) inverter. They did not explain me after installation how dual control works if indeed they installed dual control inverter.They did not respond my enquiry via e-mail.

"Hello sir/madam,

I have two rows of 14 panels on my roof. I have checked with other people who have had solar systems installed on their roofs and they all have one PV array DC insolator per row. I have only one for both rows. I think the installation is incomplete.

Also I spoke to Jamie over the phone on the 13th of December, and was told that I would receive a Installation checklist and certificate of compliance of electrical work. I haven't received either of those.

According to the promotion, I should have also received a Free accommodation voucher and a power monitoring unit, which I haven't received.

Thanks

Mohammad Mostafiz"
The system was purchased through Euro Solar and I was impressed with their customer service.

The system was installed by NGSolar and I was impressed with the professionalism and quality of work by Steve and his team. Very good customer relations, willing to take the time to explain any question asked and excellent workmanship.
Would not touch this company, incorrect installation of the system and do not fix the bad work. They will do anything to get your business and once they get your money that's where the service ends. Show additional information
IF you are looking at getting solar I strongly strongly advise you against using Eurosolar.

Short story- they were great at the start, installed the system incorrectly, failed to install a safety switch, once paid they have not been helpful at all- wont return calls or emails, forms not filled out and system still not connected!!!

At the start they were great, replied to my emails straight away, were friendly and appeared to be the better company. The quote they gave me was higher than other companies and TrueValue solar offered to beat their price by 10% but I thought that Eurosolar would be the better choice-HOW WRONG WAS I! Firstly, the installation process was a complete mess, I got calls from people who could barely speak English and as a result miss booked it twice. After three goes the installer finally made it out- upon arrival he said my meter box needed to be upgraded and it would cost an extra $150. Having specifically asked whether my meter box required this (on three separate occasions-once via phone and then twice via emails so that it would be recorded) to the sales person and his manager previously I knew it was not required. I told the installer this and he said he would not be able to carry on with the job. Having waited already far too long I tried to call the sales person, sent him a message and called the installation office-as I had left a message I told the man to continue on and waited for the call which I NEVER received (and he is claiming he did not receive- how can two missed calls and a message be missed??"). Installation appeared to be ok until the inspector came- he would not approve it because an essential switch had not been installed (the third time in 15 days he had seen this happen by Eurosolar). So the installer had to come back which only occurred two weeks later! The paperwork which should have been filled out, our warranty, the quality check etc etc were not completed- when I contacted them about this I was told it would only be done once the system was connected to the grid- HOW CAN IT BE DONE THEN IF I HAVE THEM IN MY POSSESSION?? Anyway contacted he sale persons manager about all my issues (three months on and I still don't have a working system) and I am yet to receive a reply.
Hi Finn
I did get a quote from your nominated supplier (only 1 supplier serviced Healesville) and he was very professional.
His price was $5,800 for a 4.5KW system.
Eurosolar's price was $3,800 for the same solar array.
The price difference was just too great to justify using your supplier.
Warranties and guarantees were exactly the same for all components.
I did ask you (Finn) some additional questions about Eurosolar because my internet investigations showed varying degrees of satisfaction with installation and subsequent service from Eurosolar.
You very kindly gave me advice which was invaluable.
I quizzed Eurosolar on a number of issues over a 6 week period and they were very forthcoming and timely in their responses.
The installation company was professional.
The Eurosolar system has been installed for a few days now and I am very happy.
The main office has followed up by phone on 2 occasions since installation to make sure I was happy with the unit and its performance.
It is early days but at this stage I have absolutely no complaints about the system that has been installed.
David
Euro Solar has a bad client service and their products do not save the money they said they will.

Reference: Invoice 67204 - EuroSolar.
I bought a 4kW solar panel system. they recommended me 3.5kW; but after discussing with 3 companies I got that my house needed 4kW. they took a while to install and even after installation, the system was not operative in the next few weeks due to another services like metering and wireless connection. At the end, everything was connected and so I could not wait to see my savings after a full 3 months using the solar panels. I was very disappointed to find that I paid about the same of my last bill; therefore, no savings. solar panels suppose to be an investment and so you suppose to get money back in about 5 years, if this is not the case, then there must be something wrong. and so I contacted them for several weeks without an answer...still waiting since the first days of October 2016 (today is 22/11/16).
A very good installer team. Excellent price for 5kW system with Tier 1 Trina panels for $4300. System currently generating 4934 Watts. I am glad I insisted on Trina panels. Show additional information
I dealt with a lady named Anna, who was very helpful and always responded to any queries I had. Installation was prompt and went smoothly - and at present, all is well. The solar panels are on our daughter's home in Alkimos - but we organised the installation and payment. So, only time will tell I guess. Hopefully it will prove to be beneficial to her with no problems. Show additional information
Their price was approx $500 less than the nearest competitor. Show additional information