• With 1000s of Customer Reviews

Metro Solar Reviews

About Metro Solar, Solar Installers

Metro Solar are an established electrical engineering company and have been running a successful solar division for the past 5 years.

All their installers are full time employees and are CEC accredited. They specialise in both residential and commercial installations and their teams are also qualified A grade electricians.

Metro Solar are firm believers in microinverter technology which typically yields more generation than a conventional central inverter DC system, and results in safer voltages on your roof.

Metro Solar's microinverter system enables online monitoring through Power Tracker 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Not only can you see the overall generation of the system but you can see performances of panel by panel. Features of the Power Tracker monitoring dashboard, are email alerts if your panel or system stops working or underperforming, cost prediction and electricity consumption monitoring.

The guys at Metro also claim their customer service teams are happy to help with any query you may have, prior, during or after the sales process and install.

Metro Solar Solar Reviews

I recently had an install with Metro Solar. Prior to this I found their quoting process very efficient and without any pressure tactics. They were friendly on the phone, willing to answer my questions, and overall great to deal with.

The installation was delayed due to rain, but after a few days the system was up and running.

Everything has worked flawlessly since installation and the quality of the product is very obvious.

The support team are very friendly and willing to help.
The installation was subcontracted out to a local installer in my area as Metro Solar operate out of Melbourne. The installer was great.
Still waiting for inspections by govt authorities etc.
Offered best balance between quality of system vs price. Was kept informed on progress of regulatory approvals and installation timeline

Quality of installation work was great and completed on time.

I have found Metro Solar's customer support to be consistent across all departments from sales through to installations.
Right from the word go the service has been terrific. If there was an issue it was dealt with immediately. Recently I had an inverter issue which was promptly fixed.
The staff at Metro have always been friendly and efficient.
I would highly recommend Metro Solar to others.
Regards
Ron
Very easy company to deal with. Quick turn around. 3 weeks from start to finish. Products are good, sales staff know thier products. Installation team
very professional.
6.4kW Solar System with X 2 batteries - Had a great experience with Metro Solar!
Staff were kind, knowledgeable and very helpful - I was kept in the loop with all stages from start to finish. The Installation Team were professional, super quick and very tidy! Overall Im extremely happy with my Solar System & battery install - System looks great and the batteries look very impressive! Big thank you guys, i will be back for more batteries in the near future!
Recently had an install with Metro Solar. Very easy company to deal with. Very quick turn around. 3 weeks from start to finish. Products are good, sales staff weren't pushy. Can't stand pushy sales people. Finally looking forward to receiving a power bill Show additional information
Had our system installed back in 2014. Worked really well for 2yrs. On the monitoring software we noticed a micro inverter was down. Sent metro an email took a week to get a response. The boss told me he checked the system it's working fine. I decided to get a second opinion from powertracker they agreed with me. So I sent another email tried to call waited another week maybe more. Eventually the boss decides to send me the warranty claim form. I fill it in give all the details, he tells me it's all good. So since I've submitted the warranty claim I've had no other contact. I've emailed every week no response. Very disappointed we chose this company based on the 25yr warranty on the micro inverters. Seems the warranty is worthless! I've tried contacting the micro inverter manufacturer but their line is dead. Seems I've got no options but to get another company to repair or replace my microinverter. Very disappointed in Metro and will not recommend them to anyone. Show additional information
The reason for going with Metro Solar was for just under the cost of the highest quoted from your suppliers; Metro included a full upgrade of the old powered board.

Additionally, the system came with micro inverters on each panel considerably reducing the high heat issue for the inverter - operating at 60 to 90C in mid-summer with an all in one inverter. Particularly when one quote had a 4kW inverter for a 4.5kW solar output; consequence max heat load on the inverter accelerating deterioration.
I’d never heard of Metro Solar, having previously preferred local solar suppliers. The story; I’d seen very good reviews on Canadian Solar panels (Choice; overall score #2 out of 15 tested) so thought it worth the effort to try and source them. I contacted Canadian Solar in February to see if they were available in Tasmania only to be told “no, not yet”. Two weeks later I had a call from a company called Metro Solar saying they’d been contacted by Canadian and could do the work.

They sent their quote, (Canadian Solar 315w specified) and I paid a deposit late March and they emailed approval of the system mid-April. Mid May they emailed me that stock was delayed but will arrive at their warehouse next week. Mid-June, no news so I rang to chase up…the Installations “Manager” said she’d follow up. Mid July no news (yet again) so I rang again “stock had been held up due to bad weather on Bass Straight but the shipment left today to go to the installer who’s near you.” Week 3 in July I was really ticked off and “googled” Metro Solar and saw an item that a Liquidator had been just been appointed. I rang the Liquidator who advised it was almost certain that I would not be able to recoup any of my deposit but sent me a copy of the report which said Metro Solar had been purchased by an “associated entity”.

To cut to the quick, the installer emailed a few days later he’d received the gear and arranged to do the install on August 24. That day came…he turned up with panels that were not Canadian Solar. I couldn’t believe it, waiting 5 months and they sent the wrong gear!! As a matter of principal (let alone breach of contract) I told the installer to take the gear away (he was also out of pocket having hired two extra blokes to help with the day’s work.). I then rang the Installation “Manager” who said they “forgot” to tell me they couldn’t get the panels I ordered!!!. Metro Solar eventually refunded my deposit after I emailed them saying I’d contact ASIC, Fair Trading, etc. One furious “customer” here. If I could give a proper score here it would be ZERO.
No one will return my phone calls/they were all over me UNTIL I paid the deposit on the 18 April still no comms . Show additional information
No pressure from supplier. Just provide info needed & let me decide. Prompt installation after making decision. System is performing above expectations. Show additional information
Read reviews on here prior to deciding which company yo go with. Metro seems to have a good standing with customers. My dealings have been terrible.
After lengthy discussions as to what system I wanted I finally had a quote sent to me expressly detailing the exact items I'd requested.
Fast forward two months and I've got an installation date booked in. Was told two days to install due to size of the job.
Installers arrive, get to work. All seems good. Microinverters go up and I see they're the wrong ones. Ask the installers what the go is and they call their boss to find out. Their work order states Metros work order states they're correct. Ask for details on the panels supplied and they're incorrect as well. Check the envoy and again it's wrong.
I call Metro and I am out on hold for a few minutes while they try to figure out what's happened. They get back to me and ask if they can call me back in a couple of minutes. I agree. Wait an hour and no return call. Decide to call them back as the installers are waiting on instructions on what to do. They call back just as I am trying to call them.
They admit they sent through the wrong work order. Offered compensation that seemed fair at the time. So I agreed to have the wrong items installed. Seeing as there would be another lengthy wait for the right ones to arrive I figured it would be the right decision.
Day three of installation comes around as I was originally told only two days I had plans to be out on the third day. Leave the installers to finish up. Get a call from installers in the afternoon informing me they couldn't set up the envoy fully as it was supplied without the upgraded firmware. They inform me that they usually are and he isn't sure why it wasn't done before dispatch. It needs to finish it's upgrade before they can change the settings. Get home and have a look around. Notice the meter hasn't been upgraded as well. This was part of my contract with Metro and had been paid for. Contact the installers directly and they confirm it hasn't been done. There was no instructions on the work order for it to be done by them. I contacted Metro again via email as it was outside their business hours. Waited a full business day and no reply.
Please, check what the company has supplied to the installers even if the company is highly reputable. You're paying for a specific product, make sure you're getting what you have been billed for.
Inspect everything you can during and after the installation.
I've paid a lot of money and I don't have a single thing I asked for. Wrong panels. wrong microinverters. Wrong envoy. No meter upgrade. Envoy not fully connected.
Update: was assured meter upgrade would be done by Tuesday. It's now Wednesday night. No call from either Metro or local installer. No upgraded meter. Emailed new case manager for my project. Auto reply stating they're on leave and have limited email access at this time.
No idea when it will be done. Paid the extra hundred dollars for the convenience of having the meter done on the day install was completed. Figured it would be easier than having to schedule my own electrician to come out and do the job. Having to be home, power being turned off while they worked etc. Now it looks like I have paid for an inconvenience instead.
While the system installed is decent, no part of it is what I ordered and paid for. Would have scored higher there if some part of it matched my order.
If there is a warranty problem we can't get them to fix it or answer their phone. Show additional information
There were no suppliers in the Hervey Bay area who offered Solar Systems using micro-inverters.
The company Metro Solar is based in Melbourne but have offices in every state.
They are an Enphase Energy partner.
I won't really be able to assess the full system until we have lived in the house for a full year.
So please feel free to remind me to review the system in September 2017.
Still waiting for the installer to contact me with an installation date, Metro Solar could tighten that up. Show additional information
The salesman promised everything and after money paid for system that is where the service stopped. False information to questions asked was provided. Promises were made and never kept and they now fail to return my calls. We will see what happens when they are taken to Court as I have documented proof of all things stated.
I was promised a lot to get the system signed up then forgotten, price was over the top for what you get. After the sale was done and things went wrong I sought clarification to certain matters and was given lies or they refused to answer the question.
Metro Solar went out of their way in the customer service department. The whole process through quotes to installation was plain sailing.
I would highly recommend this company.
When getting quotes I asked for a 7kw system and told all suppliers that I had a maximum budget of $10000. Two companies came back with quotes in budget.

The one who didn't get the quote tried to explain that they were the biggest and best, with the longest warranties and customer service. And that their panels were far better. I found that rather off putting as I have checked all information and believe that what I have chosen is as good as what they offered, by a company that is larger and has been around longer. As the product was equal along with the quote I basically chose the installer who was able to quote in budget first.

Don't believe very thing you're told as the people who call you are not the installers, but rather sales people employed to get you as a customer for the company that employs them. Do your home work, ask lots of questions but don't let the hard sell get to you.
The sales team was very helpful, days upon days asking questions "how do you do this?" , how does this work? type of questions. All questions were asked without issues or hesitation, they were open about why they use 310w panels. Clearly displaying the panels, that they had available, all quality panels, such as Qcell, LG or Canadian Solar. Chosen, Canadian solar, as they were in my price range, LG panels in 310W would be too expensive.

A few days later, the deposit was paid, and has a installation date the week later. Where it was installed yesterday. Three weeks from the deposit being paid.

The two installers arrived at 9:30, understandable as it's an hour + drive from where they are located to here.
They were very professional, they knew exactly what they were doing (I'd hope so). They described were the best place for the panels to go, and they explained the reasons why.

Finished at around 3-4 o'clock, the guy explained how the Enphase system worked, and left. All rubbish was clean up unlike, some installation I have read.

After they left, I checked the installation, all cabling was tidy and panels were installed perfectly, all straight and no cracked panels etc.

Just have to wait for the inspector to check the installation, and it will be all set.

Thank you again Metro Solar, If I had to go with Metro Solar I would – (Maybe for battery installation or more panels in the future)

- You might be thinking, I have been told to say this, or being paid to say it.
But it's not the case, this is genuinely what I thought about the whole process, and it was amazing. Metro Solar was there every step of the way.
I did a comprehensive analysis using several criteria (not just price) of all quotes I received including the 3 you arranged. The final decision came down to Metro Solar or Solaray. The tipping points were warranties offered and and the monitoring system extras offered free. Price was very close.
Even though I didn't use one of your suppliers I found your service very useful and would recommend using it to others.
I was seriously impressed with the initial salesperson at Metro, Stephen, who spent nearly one hour explaining , answering my questions and going through the whole process , micro inverter versus string inverter, solar power needs and technical information in a thoughtful , non- jargonised fashion , which increased my understanding of the solar power requirements I needed for my 9.6 Kwh average daily usage, along with comparative analysis of similar products all without the hard sell!

After this informative conversation , I had a clear indication of what I needed, how and when these needs could be realised , and importantly how much it was going to be.

Install was completed on time ( actually they arrived at 7am for an 8 am booking) in under 2 hours , and monitoring modem and power tracker software up and running.

I await the final stage of the process , activation of the solar metre by the energy provider, if that is completed within 15 days as described ,the process will have been very smooth from start to finish.

Dean
I had 3 young men install my system on an extremely hot day. I told them I had chilled water for when their own water ran out. These men were extremely polite when asking for something as simple as water. They spoke well, generally and about their work. I would recommend the installers to anyone. Show additional information
They mis lead me with their advertising, This next statement is on there website.

I chose micro inverters believing I would get panel by panel data. Not true unless you pay an extra $300 dollars.
There site clearly states that you can see performance panel by panel.

Also recently my envoy lost its IP address was down for 3 days Where was my email informing me that the system was not reporting any data.
Could have been blown up for all they cared. Would not recommend them. Would be happy with refund and they can come and remove system. Worst decision I have made.
The proposal to install a solar electricity system meant there was a steep learning curve in order to make an informed decision. Your web pages were extremely valuable. Two prospective suppliers Solargain and Metro Solar were outstanding with regard to the information they provided about the equipment they proposed to install and the expected performance of their systems. Metro Solar installed the system three days ago. The two blokes efficiently completed the work in about four hours and their work appears to have been carried out in a good tradesman-like manner. They also setup the internet-based system monitoring systems and demonstrated the PowerTracker software. The Metro Solar system uses Enphase micro-inverters. Enphase provides software for me as the system owner to view performance of the system as part of their promised 15 year monitoring warranty. Show additional information
System to be installed next week on 6th October.
Good sales and support team and sent a lot of technical info that others did not want to supply. And seem to have a better understanding and explanation
of how my system will work given that I have 3 phase power supply.
Better quality panels than most (per their supplied data...) and it is a micro-inverter system which I wanted for ease of potential expansion and other reasons.
They also have a scalable battery storage system that the system is pre-wired to use and which we intend to install when able to afford.
Once it is installed and running I would be happy to give further feedback.
I believe Metro will be using a local installer from Condobolin - only 100km away which is close for us..
Not all suppliers referred by Solar quotes were not able to offer a micro inverter system as the specified requirement Show additional information
The system and company has been chosen but we won't be instaling for a few weeks yet. I have found this company to be impressive from the get go. Check out their monitoring - I doubt that any other company offers anything as comprehensive. This is their point of difference. They work with quality hardware - but its their monitoring where they have the edge. I believe these people to be top professionals. Show additional information
They were fantastic sales people until I paid and installation was complete. Had a few problems and after installation and you get the complete run around. No return calls no-one available at the time of the call that can help you ever. I would never use them again or recommend them purely based on their after sales follow up. Show additional information
The attraction for me was the individual solar panel monitoring with micro inverters. The issue is that you have to pay extra ($310) at the time of writing for this additional functionality from enphase. Show additional information
I had installed a microinverter system at a standard single string system price due to the fact that the company was having a January stock take sale. I believe i got a great buy and it was a quality system as well . It pays to really shop around. Show additional information
I wanted system with micro inverters and reporting capabilities Show additional information
I would NEVER recommend Metro to anyone. Only time I get in contact is when something is up with the inverter. Already had it replaced once & it took nearly 2 months to sort that out. Now I have a problem again & I have been talked over when I tried explaining my problem & this is why my dad has interfered. Was told my current problem would be fixed in 2 weeks. It has been over 2 weeks & not heard anything. Please use my review on your website!! Show additional information
Had an appointment to have it installed, never showed up and couldn't be bothered to call said they would call back with a new date so far still haven't called, been waiting three months. Show additional information
MicroInverters were a selling point. Show additional information
Final install ended up being a bit different to the original quote as we live in a two storey terrace house which had some inconveniently located anchor points and other surprises. Metro were really good about working out what would work best and rescheduling the install. Show additional information
I chose the newer micro inverter panels which a lot of companies are not quite into yet. There were a couple of local companies I felt were good representatives for their product. I feel confident I will get good service from Metro but it will take 4-6 weeks before it is installed. Show additional information
The whole experience from the quote, installation of the system and follow up was terrific and I would highly recommend Metro Solar. Show additional information
Had the system installed 10/02/2014 - it was inspected on 27/02/2014 - as of 20/5/2014 I have not had any benefit from my system - some how the paperwork was lost - there was no follow up after installation - i had to do all the chasing & if I hadn't received my power bill I would have been none the wiser. The installers were terrific the system generates a lot of power - it is a great system - but the follow up is pathetic lots of it wasn't our fault & the inspector didn't do his job properly - whatever - they paid my balance of power bill ($137) but I had already made direct debits of $500 & the $137 was the balance owing - so instead of getting a refund of $280+.........So great system - crap follow up Show additional information
Very very very slow on customer service, especially if you are complaining about a faulty system that they installed. I had my faulty system for about 7 months now. POOR SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Show additional information
It was inspected/operational within a week and connected to grid within 2 weeks of installation. Show additional information
We installed a 2.44kw Yingli Solar Microinverter system, from order to turn on by SP Ausnet took 44 days, and would have been 7 days sooner except for a delay in processing by Energy Australia.
System is working very well, thank you Adam & Elaine at Metro Solar.
The system was installed and operational with in 2 weeks, revenue meter was re programmed 10 days later.
Process was pain free and happy with outcome.
A micro inverter has recently failed and has been a 10 day process for warranty repair.
Metro Solar are one of the few companies that exclusively use micro-inverters, which was a requirement for my installation.
The use 305w panels paired with 250w micro-inverters which I thought was a strange combination initially, but they explained the theory behind during the sales process.
Still waiting on my electricity supplier to calibrate the meter, so I can't comment on the effective generation of the system yet.
Have had no contact from Metro Solar since the system was installed and paid for. I had to contact them on several occasions for progress reports. Very happy with the time frame of installation and and the young men who installed it.The time from installation and it being switched on was excessive - over 2 months. The IHD Tablet which we paid for was a piece of junk. Have absolutely no paper work, other than the original quote, regarding warranties and guarantees. Show additional information