MPV Group Reviews

About MPV Group, Solar Installers

MPV Group

Estimated pricing for system: $10,600 - $10,950 depending on hardware choice ( how is this calculated? )

MPV Solar is a family owned solar design and installation business based in Sydney, and has been operating for over 22 years. Your installation will be carried out by our licenced electricians that are Clean Energy Council certified . We don’t use sub-contractors so we control the quality of your solar installation .

We only use Tier 1 panel manufacturers like LG & Yingli and SMA inverters to ensure your 25 year investment keeps saving you money for the life of the system .

MPV Solar is a company you can rely on be around in the future if you have any questions or issues with your system with 22 years of professional service to their customers . We pride ourselves giving our customers honest advice without pushing for a quick decision .

We have been engaged as preferred installers for Harvey Norman Commercial , Origin Energy , AGL & NSW Public Works .

MPV Solar is the trusted name in the Solar industry !

MPV Group Solar Reviews

Really happy with the install and quality

MPV responded quickly and competitively to our request for a 10Kwh PV system and when it came to the day for the job sent a team of 4 to install in one day, the system was generating electricity before they left. They were open to questions and thoughts and were overall very helpful. We may have paid a little extra but peace of mind is worth it.
100% recommend for any electrical job and for PV systems.

Perfect Job - Couldn't be happier with MPV

After searching very hard for a decent solar company, reading many horror stories of jobs gone wrong and receiving many quotes we decided to go with MPV Solar. The owner Matt Vella and his wonderful team installed our system on 12-9-19.

When his staff member initially got on the roof he came back down to tell me that my brand new roof (6 month old house) had many fractured tiles and that he would like to replace these for me while up there. He sent one of their own guys out to Boral and picked up 50 roof tiles to match mine and installed these for me at no extra charge. I know for a fact many companies would have ignored these tiles and then just siliconed up any tiles that actually cracked when they had to walk on them.

Matt Vella was the only person who said he wants to put the inverter in the garage out of the weather. All other quotes opt'd to put the inverter on the north facing wall next to the powerbox (the easy way out). All cabling was run inside the cavities (alot of extra work) rather than external. The whole job overall extremely neat and tidy.

The system itself has performed beyond my expectations. Upon posting a screenshot of my solaredge inverter power output onto a solar facebook page people were genuinely impressed at the output for an 8kw system.

Price-wise MPV was on par with the other quotes from reputable companies for the same gear.

I would not hesitate to recommend Matt and his team at MPV.

Very very happy customer.

EXCELLENT, VERY PROFESSIONAL AND DOWN TO EARTH

ALL ABOVE WAS GREAT AND THEY DID HELP WITH THE GRID CONNECTION. Show additional information
MPV Solar provided excellent service when installing the system and excellent follow up service well after the installation. I have had a couple of queries and MPV were prompt in getting back to me and providing support. I am very happy with the savings I am making on my electricity usage with my new system. MPV is a great company to do business with and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a solar system. They are a very professional company that provide quality service and a quality system and above all peace of mind you are dealing with a reputable company. Thank you MPV. Show additional information
Your website is superb but one of your recommended suppliers (space solar) never contacted us so not sure how you rate them.

Steve Gall from Solaray was excellent and he provided a top quality recommendation and proposal. I ultimately selected MPV as they recommended the same solution but MPV were $1500 cheaper than Solaray.
It was great meeting a team who communicated well and took pride in the work that hey did. Show additional information
MPV was the only supplier (out of four we received quotes from) who wanted to come and see the house at the time of quoting. Seems crazy to me that I was being asked to spend $20k+ without a site visit. Matt Vella spent a considerable amount of time addressing all our concerns and questions - including questions about SolarEdge after reading a blog link in this site. He inspired confidence and the after-sales service has been excellent. Highly recommended. Show additional information
We had a large roof space on top of our shed behind our home so rather than go for a standard 5kw to 10kw system we went for a 20kw.
The quality of the installation was perfect, flawless and during the windstorm that smashed Sydney nothing moved or needed attention.
Our first power bill that arrived was $270.39CR - IN OUR FAVOUR.
We had our air con on all summer, garden flood lights, clothes driers etc.
We do not even have a battery and we are actually cash flow positive on our power bill.
This is the fourth Solar System that the team at MPV Group has installed for me, the first was over three years ago and not only has it paid itself off we have not had to do anything to it at all, no adjustments, repairs, or any type of maintenance.
Not only do I recommend them but I will be using them again in the future.
Did what they promised on time friendly and professional staff installation crew were vey good Show additional information
Very helpful team throughout the process and the installation was excellent with all mess cleaned up and the system explained. Immediate respone to initial query via Facebook was also key to getting the process going. Show additional information
Matt and the team at MPV Group have been very good to deal with. I had four different companies come and quote me for an 6kw + system. Matt was the only person who actually got up on my roof as part of his evaluation/quote process. That impressed me and resulted in some different thoughts from the others who came on panel placement. MPV's quote wasn't the cheapest or the dearest but their proposed system was the best resulting in 8.03kw system. The install was seamless and the system has been operating very well pumping out 55kw on a good day and 1.2-1.3mw a month. My first power bill was $27 down from about $1,200-$1,300. I'm confident I'll get my investment back in 4yrs time.

MPV are very prompt to get back to you if you have any questions or issues and I highly recommend them. If i had to do it again they'd be the ones i'd go with a second time. Well done and thanks to MPV
Happy to be a reference site for Matt Vella and his team Show additional information
Matt and his team were very professional from the quote stage right through to the installation and with service after a problem with the mains voltage.

The installation crew (all MPV staff) did an excellent job that was completed in just under one day.

A follow up call for service to MPV when High Volt alarms occurred was quickly followed up with Endeavour Energy who adjusted the voltage from the nearest transformer that serves our street.

Excellent professional service on all levels. I highly recommend MPV to anyone seeking a solar system.
The installation was a breeze for me. They arrived on time and performed the installation with no hassles.

All the work was neat and tidy and all rubbish was removed from site when they left.

Couldnt have asked for a better installation.

The system is performing extremely well!
I had a very good experience contracting MPV. The owner of the Co (Matt Vella) took time on a weekend to have a look at my house to assess the case. He was the only one to do so, most companies I contacted (about 5 or 6) just quoted from a picture, some were very pushy, or too focused on selling whatever they wanted to sell, upsetting me and losing my business.

While cost is always important, I wanted a good quality system and comparing apples and apples is not an easy thing to do. I eventually arrived at a couple of "finalists" that were consistent with their info. While trying to sell their stuff, neither of these Co. misrepresented the technology or what they could do. I could have selected either of them as the price difference was minimal, but decided on MPV because of their direct approach, the short delivery time (about a week) and their initial home visit.

Their delivery was prompt and as promised, no issue, no drama. The team arrived on time and installed the system without a glitch and left the place impeccably clean. The system has been working for a couple of months now, and while too early to call, I would recommend MPV to my friends based on their service and attention to details.
Matt and his team in the engine room - Louise, Nicole and all the" Installers" were professional, courteous, prompt and attended to all the loose ends that come with such a project of this size and complexity.
I very much recommend Matt and MPV to any potential buyer of Solar Energy - A job well done.
The 3 solar quotes I received were all within $200 of each other. I also sourced a 4th quote from a company that had done several family and friends. The price was within the range of my original 3 quotes so my decision was based on service and longevity of the company. The 3 companies that were sourced by your group were helpful and professional also, but ultimately I knew the service I would receive from MPV and they have over 15 years of service. Otherwise I would have definitely used one of the original 3 quotes. Show additional information
Found Matt, office staff & installers to be very helpful. The installers did a great job concealing all conduits leaving the job neat & tidy. Looking at Solar systems around my neighbourhood I feel MPV have done a superior installation & I would definitely recommend them Matt is arranging for one of his staff to check my system and connect to internet as I was not connected at time of installation. Thanks Mpv. Show additional information
We cannot speak highly enough of MPV Solar.

Matt provided a detailed quote and information about the system, and was able to visit the business to have a look at the set up and determine the best system for us.

It was a few months between the initial quote and when we decided to go ahead with the installation. Other companies who had also supplied quotes were constantly calling and emailing to see if we had made a decision, where as MPV Group did not.

The install went without a hitch, and was completed in three days. The team were professional, well organised, practiced good work safety, tidied up after themselves, and answered any questions we had.

The system is now pumping out electricity, and it's obvious that our business will be saving quite a lot on our electricity bills.
We may be looking at battery storage in the future, and will happily go back to MPV for that option.

We will definitely be recommending MPV Group to others for their solar needs.
Good product, good service on a difficult roof. And nice people. I felt like I was dealing with the A team. Show additional information
Hello Matt

Congratulations to your excellent team and its positive mind set. The installation of both our solar systems went like a well oiled machine. Everyone knew his job and needed no supervision, the communication and cooperation between them was fantastic. we were highly impressed by all of them but in particular by Albert and his expertise, his natural, unobtrusive and almost invisible leadership. He was the central point without much ado about it and approachable at any moment by anyone.

The capacity of this team to adapt to our various lokal peculiarities and in quickly finding solutions was extraordinary, sometimes even against the odds (e.g. drilling through our floor to connect to the internet was not possible as we have floor heating by means of hot water).

Always in contact with us and open to suggestions, this project overall was a very pleasant experience to us.

Likewise, we admired Darren, the master on the roof, placing and holding each panel upright with one hand while fitting the contacts with the other in the scorching heat with steady feet on the 40 degree steep roof even against strong wind gusts, steady like a pillar with no signs of getting tired.

My wife said jokingly: “If everyone in Australia would work like them, we had no problems in this country!”

And to top it off: The next day we found out there was no power to the outbuilding, which was no surprise at all after having seen the density of that tangled web of wires within that small space inside the main switch board.
After a phone call, within the hour Albert was back and fixed it instantly, providing us the experience of an almost incredible service you provided.

We are very satisfied and happy we chose your company for the delivery and installation of our solar systems. We would also be very happy, if you shared our satisfaction with your team.

Thank you.
I was very pleased with the outstanding service MPV provided to me. I'm really impressed with how the whole team were extremely friendly, reliable and responsive. Everything they said they would do they did, they kept me informed at every step and checked in with me to ensure that all was well and I understood all that was happening.

The quality of MPV's work on the installation was second to none. There was an issue with the LG battery which was not MPV's fault. MPV were onsite as soon as they know there was an issue trying to resolve it. Eventually, the problem needed to be fixed through their supplier (Redback Technologies), Matt remained involved and available until the issue was completely fixed and I was satisfied with the outcome.

At all times Matt and his team were professional and easy to deal with.

I have recommended MPV to others because of my satisfaction and trust in their service.
MPV is very professional.
Installers did a fantastic job exactly to plan.
MPV Solar provided a complete design and installation service. From initial consultation where our needs were discussed, and options formulated, through tendering of quotes and successful and timely installation, MPV presented as a completely professional and experienced company. Teething problems have been dealt with immediately. Show additional information
Still working our way with the system, but it appears to be very efficient.
There was a problem with the reporting as we got confused with someone else getting the same size system, but that seems to have been resolved without too much hassle.
Hi Finn,
Thank you for your advice. I found your website extremely helpful.
MPV are an outstanding family company with excellent customer service.
Norman, the marketing rep. was very accommodating in addressing our concerns and was attentive to detail and my requests.
Matt, the owner also met me as requested, one week before the installation as I wanted to talk about the finer points regarding the installation. He cared enough to bring with him equipment to be used in the system.
The most outstanding level of care was that Matt ensured that the tradesmen doing roof work wore 'soft shoes' as requested.
In regards to the system, I chose the Fronius 3 phase hybrid inverter with the LG NeOn2 320W panels. The performance has been very pleasing in that on cloudy days the inverter has been registering close to 1kW, naturally it is higher when it is full sun.
Overall I am very pleased with the system and with MPV.
Thank you once again.
Kind regards,
Dharshan
I have no hesitation in recommending Matt and his installation teams. Knowlegable and professional from start to finish.
Installation was very professional and efficiently done within the day to a high standard.
(18 LG panels on 2 roofs with Enphase microinverters & Enphase batteries installed in an area with restricted access).
The installation team also accommodated my 'on the day' requests to run the cables down inside the wall cavities (3 stories).
The system is well balanced with Matt's recommendation on the batteries to smooth the production and usage. My objective is to use everything produced and not to send anything much back to the grid and that's been achieved.
I rarely write reviews unless I am genuinely impressed by the standards and that includes everything from the initial response to a request for a quote, through to the installation and post installation follow up along with the responsiveness and ease of communication with the office administration staff.
I was reluctant at first to go with a Sydney based company, being situated 4 or more hours away, in a small village. However, my concerns evaporated when I had a problem with my inverter. The problem was apparently due to a lightning strike or lightning induced overload and not covered under warranty. Matt in good faith and in keeping with other things I had researched on MPV Matt covered costs of the article and travelled out to install the component himself. I am very impressed with the follow up and courtesy. an excellent result. Show additional information
We can highly recommend MPV Electrical group of companies for all areas of your electrical requirements. All jobs large & small are run professionally, smoothly, efficiently and in a timely manner, by honest, reliable, highly trained tradesmen. We have dealt with mpv for over 20 years now, and their service has always been exemplary Site is left spotlessly clean on completion of every job. mpv have provided us with another perfect job as always, thank you. Robert & Sandra Archibald Show additional information
We have known this Company for many years
It' s pleasing to know that this firm is one of many recommended by Finn Peacock in his Solar web site
We did some shopping around on a quality system and contacted MPV to negotiate a great price. Matt from MPV Group was very helpful and even gave us an upgrade on the inverter after the contract was signed. It was all done faiRly quickly, no problems at all. The main reason we decided to go with MPV is the overall quality. They don't seem to cut corners. Show additional information
The price included everything: 10 LG Neon Black 2 320 W, with 10 Enphase S270 micro-converters, installation, new meter and Enphase monitoring. The installation went very smoothly and the friendly team arrived very punctual, actually a few minutes earlier. Show additional information
Follow service seems to be second to none. I would be happy to recommend MPV Group to anyone interested in a Solar Power installation. Show additional information
Matt organised the installation in double quick time, it caught me by surprise as I'd expected it to take a month or so to get installed.
His installers were very efficient and had it done and up and running in 4 or 5 hours.
It's been a pleasure to do business with this company and I'd certainly recommend them.
There was a problem on installation, with a roof tile misplaced. But when contacted about this MPV attended immediately to rectify, and were very apologetic. Show additional information
MPV gave us the best price as requested on the phone/followed with an email. Did not hassle to come and sit with you as others did. Did not ask you to sign a contract when they did visit. The quote was all inclusive-no extra charges for the meter. Matt always returned phone calls if he was not available at the time
We went for a large system (LG 10.08kW PV) but could have gone smaller at less cost as advised by Matt from MPV. The LG panels are from Eastern Creek
It was installed in one day. Start time was booked in for 0730hours-both vans and 4 installers were on site and started by 0730hours. Some tiles needed to be replaced before installation-Matt arranged this immediately for tiles to be delivered (at no cost to us).
After the first couple of quotes I found Finn Peacock's site and was overwhelmed with information, but gave me questions to ask the installers
The inverter is monitored by MPV and it was set up that we could also monitor our system and an app was available to do this for our phone-this was set up by MPV security.
We were sent a package about our system and how to maintain it and services available for maintenance, warranties etc.
Overall it was a pleasure to deal with MPV and I would highly recommend them as the installers were polite, no rubbish left behind, installed in a timely manner.
Matt is innovative and seems passionate about his work and did not overwhelm you with knowledge BUT answered every question asked of him-unlike some others I acquired quotes from that needed to get back to us with the answers to our questions.
For anybody considering solar I would read Finn Peacock's pages on solar, arm yourself with knowledge and questions and phone Matt at MPV as he will not baffle you with BS
As novices to solar power – we found the Solar Quotes website very informative and educated us about what to do - and by putting in your postcode they organise 3 quotes from supplier/installers who they say have been checked out. I received calls from 2 and I chased up the other. One supplier was particularly keen didn't seem to understand our concern about our fear of roof tiles being broken (installation of our solar water heating caused several tile breakages and difficult to track water leaks to our ceilings). I checked Harvey Normans website and they had a recommendation for MPV solar based in Gladesville. Matt Vella visited and was the only person (2 others visited from other companies) to check out the roof properly and pull up a tile and say he could source some spares. Previously, I had tried getting spare tiles but ours seemed difficult to match. Matt said no problem I know where to get these and I will bring a dozen on installation day - which he did. During installation only one tile was cracked and quickly replaced.

MPV provided two quotes - a cheaper panel system from China and the LG system. During our research and in discussions with 3 of the quoters we understood to avoid panels that have silicone sealants. We trusted the LG brand and its panels have no silicone. We wanted an all black look but we were advised that there is a some power inefficiency and while that did not concern us - the LG panels do have black frames and so were a good alternative. Matt explained that Ausgrid, the network supplier in our area will only allow a max output of 5 kilowatt hours which means 16 panels. The installation is battery ready for when the battery price comes down and we can be virtually independent of the grid. Our retail electricity supply company is Powershot who get their electricity from renewables. The MPV quote for LG Panels was in the middle of two other quotes. The only thing we requested was that MPV accept delayed payment after installation by 2 weeks for 50% of the bill - we agreed on 30%. MPV was the only quoter to agree to this. For us this was fundamental because we wanted to make sure we had time to check for roof leaks (none evident at the time of writing this review 2 months later).

The installation was excellent - we requested Matts best team - the two men that did the installation worked hard all day and were careful with our 70 year old terracotta roof tiles. The electrician who installed the inverter was very good and helpful. And MPV have followed up with our questions on using the software.

The system has an SMA inverter and software that provides a readout on the solar electricity generated and used that is sent to my mobile phone monthly and available to our home computer at any time (by the PV System logbook). It means you can easily see when you use electricity and adjust your usage pattern if you want. Our average daily electricity use is high at about 36kwh/day and our solar generation per day is about 18kwh/day. So we are saving 50% on our bill without doing much change to our patterns of usage except putting the swimming pool pump on during the day rather than at night in off peak. Powershot gives a great breakdown of our usage on our home computer for our non solar panel electricity.
I highly recommend MPV Group.
Very pleased with whole procedure. MPV always arrived on time and job was completed quickly and efficiently. Show additional information
Matt (the Manager) advised us we did not need such a big system to save us dollars (how rare is this)
The workings of the system now and in the future (battery hook up) have been explained to us. Any further questions we have is a phone call or email away
Workmen were punctual, wasted no time, cleaned up after themselves, were well mannered
Workmanship was precise and no short cuts taken.
Matt arranged for some replacement tiles to be delivered to replace some broken tiles on the roof before the installation
We did not have to negotiate the quote as we asked for the best price and that is what we got. We did not have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd best price as we did from other installers.
We are able to monitor the system ourselves BUT MPV also will monitor it via the internet
Matt was direct and did not try baffle us with useless information.
I have no hesitation in recommending MPV to install a solar system.
I believe I chose a NUMBER 1 installer
Matt always answered all questions immediately and was extremely professional Show additional information
I liked the fact that one of the principals of the company dealt with us. I would be happy to recommend MPV Group to friends and colleagues. Show additional information
Very professional and quality of workmanship was fantastic. Always able to assist with any questions we had.
Would highly recommend them.
I looked at feedback that MPV Solar had received and decided to contact Matt as a result.
We initially had three separate systems for him to quote, we are on a farm.

Matt won our work over others because he -
1. sounded fair dinkum over the phone
2. was here to take a look within days - we are 4 hours drive from Sydney where his business is
3. arrived in a ute with a ladder and got onto the roof to check if it was sound
4. listened to what I wanted to do and had good ideas
5. checked existing wiring and suggested what needed to be upgraded to facilitate the solar install
6. was honest enough to talk me out of the 3rd system due to economics
7. seemed to be up on the latest hybrid technology and installed our systems to suit future battery installation
8. looked for ways to save us money on the ground mount system
9. arrived on time to install with good tradesmen
10. didn't complain about anything, just did the job
11. answered all my basic questions regarding the grid etc
12. I have recommended him to my friends who I knew were looking at solar and they have had similar experiences to me.
13. The design was done properly, not by some work experience kid using google earth - I kid you not, one quote did this and planned to install panels on our neighbour's pump shed!!

The thing is these guys are a family company who have been 22 years in business doing electrical, not just solar.
The man who turns up is a part of the business, the man who designs extra things is his brother and they are just good people.
I wish there were more city businesses like this one, mostly they are not interested in travelling too far and if they do then they charge stupid travelling fees etc.
Matt is a very enthusiastic person, so brace yourself when you meet him :-)