Omega Solar and Batteries Reviews

Based on 1 rating Aus Ranking

About Omega Solar and Batteries, Solar Installers

Omega Solar and Batteries
Omega Solar and Batteries is a Solar Power Installation company based in Mudgeeraba and serves QLD. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Omega Solar and Batteries Solar Reviews

Company that sells one thing but installs cheaper one

Current name: Omega Solar+Batteries
Other Business names: The “We Care” Solar Family, The We Care Solar Family, The We Care Solar People, Omega Solar, Your Local Solar Expert
Former names: Gold Coast Energy, GC Energy

I have entered into a contract with Omega Solar+Batteries for an installation of high quality, specific system. I received a very sharp price for Enphase IQ7 PLUS and REC 320NP N-peak panels. This company is CEC-approved retailer with ISO accreditation, which was the reason I chosen them. The salesperson promised me that “we commit, over and above the terms and conditions”.

In accordance with the contract I paid a deposit, company obtained Energex approval for my system and in the specified day they have started their installation. They removed my existing system with 51 cents/per kW feed-in tariff and started to install their rails on my house’s roof. They also installed an inventor in the garage’s wall in place of the current one. They also made changes to my electrical power box. At that stage I have noticed that the cheaper version of the micro-inventors were delivered onsite and were prepared for the install. I also noticed that all fittings boxes had different and unknown brand name on them.

When I have noticed the substitutions, which was not allowed by contract, I have immediately raised my concerns with company’s director. He verbally promised and later confirmed in writing that he will install the system as per agreed specification. He re-confirmed that all substituted items will be swapped over to the agreed ones and then it will be all as per contract.

However, instead of doing what he stated, he already instructed his installers to sneakily remove everything that was installed during the first day, including Enphase metering system that was already mounted inside of the garage, to pack all delivered panels which were of the correct models, then they brought the old panels and inventor back on site, while at the same time, the director was reassuring me that everything will be re-delivered for the install as per contract.

As soon as they collected all items (correct and incorrect) which were delivered and some already installed, the director was keeping silence whole afternoon and only after my request to explain what’s going on sent me an email saying: “We grossly under-priced your installation by about $5000 and so you will receive your full refund returned to you and I apologize for any inconvenience this may of caused.”

I had a long conversation with his salesperson and also after re-evaluation of the whole situation, I came to a conclusion that this company intentionally give a sharp price for a top quality system just to win a competition over other companies, and once they get me to enter into a legally binding agreement with them, they have deliberately attempted to silently install a system that is about $5000 cheaper. When the director understood he won’t be able to get away with putting a cheaper system and therefore, will not be able to gain as much profit as he thought, he decide to simply “walk-away” leaving a lot of damages to my property.

Do NOT deal with this company as they will sell you one thing but install a totally different, cheap one.

This is a brief description what has happened, I am more than happy to provide evidence and all supportive documents, including numerous photos. Please feel free to ask me any questions, more detailed review with all materials to be published shortly.