Check Your Postcode for local solar power quotes

Planet Power Reviews

About Planet Power, Solar Installers

Planet Power specialises in reducing house hold and business power costs through offering a diverse range of products suited to reducing energy consumption in the home and business. We have helped thousands of people lower their energy bills and understand how to reduce their carbon footprint.

Planet Power Solar Reviews

Installation was quick and efficient, follow up has been excellent, firm has been in business for over 15 years, and doing solar for 5 or more years. Show additional information
Quotes received ranged from 2,500 to over 10,000, for the same size system. There are a few people out there who I would call sharks. We went with Planet Power because the system we chose was affordable, and the salesman Andrew was honest and straight down the line.He was not pushy and we found him very helpful. Also they have a local shop front where you can speak face to face with the person. Show additional information
Easy to deal with, helpful and not pushy. Show additional information
Due to time constraints we were limited on who we could use, the sales person that came to the house had excellent knowledge of the installation and I am an electrician and he aswered all my questions. Due to the restrictions of time I could not shop around but this system was $10,000 cheaper than a quote that I had years before. They installed the date that they said it would be done 3weeks before. So extremely happy. Show additional information
Whilst I had firstly decided to use the Renewable Logic company for a $15,000 solar energy and hot water system, I found that although they were good with the rhetoric and promises, they did not deliver when I was asking the detailed questions that I needed answering and I felt that it was too hard for them to provide any quality time for me.

I even recorded a very negative comment about the service I "did not receive from them" despite many unanswered emails. I could not believe that I was offering to spend $15,000 in cash with this company but they could not be bothered returning my emails, which to this day, have still not been answered.

So my advice to consumers is to shop around, ask the hard questions and then assess the quality of service that you receive because I would never recommend Renewable Logic to anyone despite their slick PR machine which I feel is rhetoric rather than fact.

On the other hand I found Planet Power very professional and the high quality installed system (Sunpower E19's and two Fronius Inverters) is working fabulously well and often produces 32kWh per day which is a fabulous result.
There was a deal going with the supplier of the panels at the time we ordered. A split system air/con worth $1350 (about) and installed for FREE one of the reasons we went with Planet Power.

We got a quote from Jims Solar and a phone call saying that someone would come on a Friday WHAT year don't know still waiting. Most of the companies had Mono panels Planet Power had POLY which are blue, these panels are better for rural areas. Thanks for all your help.
I used Planet Power as they had a good sales person who knew what he was talking about and gave me a great price which was the best one offered. Show additional information
Dealing with Planet Power has been very professional so far. Installation was very good we had issues with our roof and had to go to a slightly smaller system than we originally looked at.

We are now waiting on Energex to install our meter which there is a delay on due to the high demand from solar installations.
The installation took almost 5 months from signing up to inspection. The inspector indicated that all the installers from were of good quality. When making enquiries with other installers, we chose to go with a 10kw unit to cover our complete electricity costs. Show additional information
Thanks. Show additional information
I did not want any Chinese component in my system and I found it really difficult to find out about the origin of the components as a lot of them had a hidden or not revealed Chinese origin. Show additional information
I chose Planet Power because;

They have a real physical shop that I can walk into on any week day and I can speak face to face to one of their representatives. I am more suspicious of a travelling promotion moving from town to town like a circus leaving only email addresses or answering machines to deal with.

Planet power terms and conditions seem reasonable and not a scam.

Origin Energy was not able to surply an inverter greater than 3kw.
proceeded with the project on the basis of an investment. The capital value is more or less added to the house and is subject to increase with inflation. From my calculations of the projected "tax-free income" (by way of savings in amount of electricity purchased + sale back of surplus solar power generated) rivals the best returns from say bank shares, and with the likely increases of electricity prices into the future that income should be maintained and increased too.
Of course this is dependent on my assumptions of the amount of Solar energy I can produce, but over the last few days (the system started producing only last Saturday) the amounts recorded suggest that those conservative assumptions might well be reasonable.
At present, the excess power exported returns a benefit only in that it 'turns' the existing meter backwards. I have to wait until Energex replaces that existing meter and, most importantly, until my retailer - AGL - agrees and implements the charges accordingly.

Regarding the supply and installation by Planet, their sales manager was fairly aggressive, but did give the impression that he understood the product well. Their promise of about 3 weeks delivery fell down by about a month. During negotiations he answered your suggested questions (and others) readily and mostly satisfactorily. However I was lead to believe that the installers were directly employed by Planet. In the event, it was their sub-contracted electrician and his apprentice who arrived bringing the panels etc, discussed arrangements with me, and carried out the whole of the work on site. Apart from their not having been provided with any spare fixing rails (thus limiting flexibility of layout), they carried out the work well and expeditiously, obviously knowing what they were doing. The electrician returned the following day Saturday) to complete additional work of changes to wiring to run the pool pump and water heating on the cheaper Tariff 33.

I am reasonably well satisfied with the job - subject to the work still to be done by Energex and arrangements with AGL completed. I have some feeling that maybe, with the ability to make better comparisons, I could have saved some money overall. But, for something expected to have such a long operating life, this is relatively insignificant compared with future inflation.

Planet's guarantees on panels (up to 30 years on performance and installation) are substantially longer than those offered by others. Maybe this is a reflection of the quality of the products, although I won't be around to check it. And I doubt that the firm, or most of its current competitors will not be able to be called upon to honour them either.
They didnt tell us about having to get a new meter. The installer told us so we are chasing that one up.But it is really good seeing the meter go backwards. Show additional information
Generally the office staff were professional ( phoned back when they said they would, unusual these days ), the solar panel installers were polite and prompt. A couple of minor complaints though,

- It took some time to get small electricity provider approval from Country Energy. Not sure whether it was an application problem from Planet Power or paper back log at Country Energy.

- Planet power tried to change the installation date at short notice. I had swapped work shifts a few weeks in advance to be at home during the installation, another person at work who had panels installed had the same problem.

Reasonably happy with the whole experience and would recommend them as suppliers