Solahart

Solahart Reviews

Solahart lays claim to being one of Australia's leading manufacturers of solar hot water systems, as it provides energy efficient solutions to more than a million households across in excess of 80 countries.

The company dates back as far as 1901, although its solar hot water operations began in 1953. By the mid-1960s, Solahart had developed systems that would function in a variety of different Australian climates.

In the present day, Solahart designs and manufactures the majority of its solar hot water heaters and components in Australia. Comprehensive warranties are offered to customers so they can rest assured their systems will function in the long term.

Reviewers report paying: $4,700 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solahart Reviews (212)

3.9/5

4.2/5

4.2/5

4.1/5

Original Review on 17-09-2020:

Not All That We Hoped For - But Still Happy

The sales/quoting process was a bit of a mixed bag. We were happy with 3 out of 4 quoting companies and very happy with 2, although only one visited to give a quote. We went with Solahart, partially for this reason. We were impressed that from early on, 2 of the companies said it was unadvisable to get solar because of tree shade gave less than 50% efficiency. With some removal and replacement to a granny flat roof, it was just advisable. One company placed a picture of the panels on the heavily shaded roof and gave a quote.

We also got a quote for solar hot water but when the plumbers arrived to install, they discovered our piping was too narrow and advised against it.

Th solar electricity installation was fully professional except we were unable (and still are unable) to get wifi connection as promised.

The black borderless panels look great and I assume it is working efficiently so, overall, a mixed bag.

8 months later we asked Carl: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Unable to access accurate data as there is no wifi coverage next to inverter. Other than that, ok.

Excellent system design with great installation.

Solarhart listened to what I wanted in an installation, and really delivered. Their installers were polite, on time and took the time to explain the system to us well to ensure we were confident in the ongoing operation. The grid connection and meter switch over was also organised by them and was seedless.

Mission accomplished

The sales/quoting process was fine. No potential supplier was rude, unknowledgable or too pushy.

The installation was trouble-free,professional and acccomplished in a little over one day's normal working hours.

the customer service has been fine, too, and, yes they have made the grid-connection application

Win Win - Solar Hot Water and Solar System

Great quotes and presentations by all recommended suppliers, on time, polite and very informative. Final choice came down to a package price for both hot water and solar package using latest technology and product warranties.

Great to deal with

It's a sharks world when dealing with solar companies but I found solahart to honest professional and informed me of choices. All through the process communication has been great. Installed same day and power on by next week. I didn't go for a Rolls Royse system but very happy with the purchase. Highly recommend.

Solar panels

The process was good well up to the installation stage. Within two weeks of getting the quotation they came to install the system and they organised the grid connection. I was happy with the service

Original Review on 29-07-2020:

Fantastic service polite friendly service

Very good no problem turned up on time left no mess Original ratings

8 months later we asked Stephen: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

All good happy with it still Working fine

Trust.

I went with solarhart only because they have been around a long time

Quality system from a well known company

Solahart were the only ones to come to my home and sit down to do the quote. Because they did, I ended up getting a 8kW system instead of a 5kW, which suits my needs much better. The install was seemless with the team being punctual, polite, and tidy. I am currently waiting on my meter to be replaced but have my monitoring up and running. Very happy with Solahart Newcastle.

Original Review on 10-06-2020:

Flawless Installation

The quotes and interaction with SolaHart Port Macquarie, Apex Solar, Future Energy Company and Solaxs was very positive and Apex Solar and FEC were particularly impressive. All quotes were provided in a timely manner. The differentiator was that SolaHart provided specific advice about seeking the best retail electricity plan to match our circumstances. We went with the Origin Solar Boost Plan with a FiT of 18.0 cents per kWh.

Our installation started at 7:30am and was completed by 4:00pm on the same day, with everything working as it should and the mess cleaned up. All workers were punctual, polite and diligent. The work was tidy and we were very happy with the standard of the installation. The panels and inverter have worked flawlessly since installation.

SolaHart Port Macquarie's customers service is excellent. Rod, David and Tahney have been proactive throughout and have followed up to ensure the system was working correctly and to ensure our expectations had been met.

8 months later we asked Greg: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

We are extremely happy with the system performance. We have been able to use the app to adjust our patterns of usage to maximise consumption during the day (when the power is free) - e.g. dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, aircon, etc. - and this has resulted in significant reductions in our quarterly electricity bills. Maximising self-consumption is the key to getting the most from the rooftop solar system as all retailers are reducing their feed-in tariffs.
We are also able to crosscheck the data from the app against our power bills.

Very professional

Solahart were very professional from start to finish. Sales lady was factual and not pushy which we respect. Installation was quick and hassle free. Not the cheapest but we wanted peace of mind going with a company with a long history if the need to make warranty claims arises.

Fully Solar Setup

While I had originally started looking just at a system to take the load off my electricity bills, after speaking with the different sales people I decided to go all-in and have installed a Solar Hot Water system along with a large Solar system with battery. The information I got from the SolarQuotes site gave me great background information and allowed me to unravel the highly technical information that the different companies threw at me, and I purchased the system knowing that I was getting good value being able to compare price and capability across the different quotes. I found that even though I asked for someone to visit my home to do the quote, several of the companies provided a quote from photos only, but I found these quotes around the same price as others and ended up going with one of the companies that took the time to visit with me.

Trusted company

We were happy with all aspects. Have had previous dealings with them on a solar hot water system.

Unreal

Great info and advice,terrific staff in office and in the field,great options offered,on time with start dates,staff insteps great friendly mob and site was left better then when they arrived.System has been performing unreal better then we thought thanks again all.Glen and Beth Finch

A Solahart installation

My situation with serious shading to the north of my house resulted in several suppliers declining to quote. Of the ones who did, the Solahart Illawarra representative was helpful, knowledgeable and creative, coming up with a system that gave me confidence would function well.
The installing team was careful and thorough and appears to have done a good job. None of my roof tiles were broken in spite of extensive roof work.
Grid connection was smooth and trouble free.
A second installation by another Solahart team added a Tesla Powerwall 2 battery and was equally competently done.

My only minor gripe is that the excellent Solaredge Monitoring application provided to monitor the system performance is incompatible with the Tesla battery, which greatly reduces the application's usefulness.
The Tesla monitoring app also provided is however a comprehensive alternative to the Solaredge one.

Solahart Gladstone - Beecher install

Punctual on install, however lightning interrupted the first install date during the panel install, so one of the strings was not connected for 10 days after the initial install. I had to remind them that the string needed to be connected which was a little frustrating.

Good all rounder

We found solarhart from the beginning of this process through to the end was professional, and would recommend them to my friends and family.

Solarhart System

Quote from Solarhart was at our house and very informative and thorough.
Installation was via a local electrical company who will also upkeep the solar system. Installation was fast and without any problems.
Customer service was exceptional and they helped with organisation of grid connection. All in all, we are extremely satisfied with solarhart.

So far, so good.

The rep was respectful, explained everything clearly and gave me what I asked for.
The staff kept me up to date with when instillation would take place.
The panels were installed on 9/9/20. The installers were polite, quick and efficient and left everything tidy. They put the inverter in a shady spot which involved a bit more work for them but that was no problem for them. They also explained how it worked and how the wifi worked.
They have organised the grid connection which should happen in the next few weeks.

Do not deal with solahart!!!!

We are bushfire victims, lost everything in fires, had organised with sola hart to install solar system and was all good to go, got finance approved through them and then they told us they are declining because they are too busy and don't want to help us. We are now a family with 3 children left without power after we spent a lot of time going through process originally to get this sorted. They had absolutely no sympathy of the position they have now put us in. Do not deal with Ian. Completely unprofessional and a complete let down.

safest bet

Installer was 1st class and they took care of everything. I went with solahart so i have after sales service and am not worried they will fold their business and leave me with no backup

Solahart pv installation

Salesman turned up a couple of times.
Installation was fine and any questions I had were answered. They cleared up afterwards.
5 minutes late to arrive and they were contractors.
Install was 2 days ago on Friday so I'm looking forward to the next step.

Solarhart Melboune West used cowboys

Blew off two appointments and attended site three times. 1st time they didnt have enough rails to attach pannels to the roof. 2nd time they ran out of cable. 3rd time they said it was good to go. Inspection failed the job due to non compliance and disconnected the system so my house didnt burn down. New crew had to come in and re-install the system. This all took 5 months.
Nothing but issues that are costing me money but know 1 on there end seems to care I'm fed up, ill be going to to Ombudsman soon if not resolved

Original Review on 22-06-2019:

8 months later we asked Scott: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I would have to say yes as I wasn't entirely sure what benefit would be realized and you can make all sorts of predictions but you just don't know how your system will perform until you have it installed.

Good installation.

Prompt installation, very neat and tidy job. They cleaned up afterwards. Sale follow up could have been better.

Quality Product disappointing service once installed

Quality product but disappointing service through installation and connection
Felt like they got sale and wiped their hands.

Original Review on 12-03-2019:

Thanks for your help. Some of the information that helped me through the Solar PV experience was obtained from your site or links from your site. Original ratings

Installation: N/A

8 months later we asked Steven : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

More than my expectations. Brilliant. Great installation from Solahart Tamworth, performance trackable with Solar Edge remote monitoring technology straight from your Smart Phone and excellent performance from the system. Now that it is November, the system is basically providing free power. Covering the properties usage and generating enough feed in rebate to absorb night time use and daily supply charge.

Additionally, a couple of colleagues of mine at work were interested in the spruiking of my system and have since researched and purchased there own systems recently. I look forward to a couple of $200 vouchers from Solahart for introducing them to the value of Solar.

Thanks Solar Quotes for all your advice over the last 9 months. You're knowledge, feedback and advice helped me to research, understand and choose wisely, the right system for my property.

Cheers :)

Original Review on 16-02-2019:

Another company came to house and I never heard back from them with a quote. Solarhart offered 60 months interest free. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Derik: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. Not happy that Ergon dropped their buy rate from 9 to 7 c/kw soon after and throw in other charges so you pau at least $30/month before any input/output.

quick installation

1. the sales quote was very easy for us to understand.
2. The installation was completed in one day. There was no rubbish for us to clean up.
3. The grid was connected at the end of the day

Quality product

3kw system with 5kw invertor so we have the option to add more panels.
Solahart was the only company which came to our house, everything was explained to our satisfaction. Five Star Power Mackay, I only can highly recommend them for their professional service.
They actually came out to look at roof (NOT JUST A QUOTE OVER THE PHONE) and also took old solar panels down free of charge where as another company had quoted 1000.00 to do that.
My hot water solar system floods my downstairs living area as overheats and sprays out hundreds of litres of steaming hot water until it empties itself - originally the tradesmen left me a bucket for the 'overflow' - I could of filled a swimming pool by now!!! had it installed six months ago and just got my water bill - it is double. Was told to 'run the house taps to alleviate the pressure' - no-one has come to look at the problem so I filmed it on my phone and sent them the USB of the footage - they still continue to act like they don't know me and hope I disappear. Just completing an unsafe product report to the office of fair trading - this nightmare cost me $5000 - and has cost me money instead of saving money as the product and company boasts - will never recommend them to anyone - EVER so rude and non existent customer service
System installed on time and no problems. The power being generated is more than we were estimated. They are not the cheapest but quality and service very good.
The installation itself went great. However their customer service is truly terrible. I would have to make a minimum of at least 3 phone calls for each issue I needed to raise before I got a response. They would promise to get back within a time period and never follow up. If you have deadlines or time pressure then I would no recommend using SolarHart.
The boys arrived on time and after a small hiccup, they did a great job and super clean. Big thanks to Todd who really sold me the system.... very passionate about the product! Although it wasn’t the cheapest,
I had had a Solahart before for over 20 years with no problem so it was obvious I would choose the same. Especially it being Australian made too!!
I did promise I’d hunt him down if it didn’t work right ( joking) but I don’t envision any problems.
Thank you very much, the information on the website was very helpful. Quotes were great most of them. The Finance company that works with Solarhart is very easy to deal with and the deal is very competitive.