Solstra

Solstra Reviews

4.9

Based on 26 ratings  - Aus Ranking

We are an expert team of highly experienced solar installers and electricians. To us, it's all about people – we want to help you understand your energy usage and find a customised solution that meets your needs and saves you money. See our SolarQuotes reviews below.

Reviewers report paying: $2,000 - $5,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solstra Reviews (26)

9kW

Original Review on 07-08-2020:

Fully recommend Solstra - Excellent team

Sales & quote process with Kevin was great. I was provided with a couple of options and had a chat about the logic behind the options. Decided to future proof the install and go with the larger system. Made sense given the move to Electric cars and also the probable move away from gas for hot water.

The planning via Nicole and the installation all went well. On time and completed very efficiently. Clean, very neat and tidy installation.

All the paperwork for the grid connection was facilitated by Nicole and we were connected to the grid and receiving FiT in just over a week. Including switching to a specific tariff for a bigger FiT.

Since the install even in the middle of winter - on some days we have not required grid electricity from around 8.30 to 4.30, doing all our washing etc during those hours. We went with the consumption monitoring via a smart meter and that has allowed us to actually see the elec with are using at any point realtime and adjust what we are doing.

Should have done it years ago.

Follow Up Review on 08-04-2021:

After 9 months we have had the last 2 quarters with a reasonable credit from our Energy provider. Not one issue with any of the Inverter, solar or Smart Meter. Wondering why we didn't install earlier. I think having the bigger system was the right way to go given the credits we are getting. Having the Smart Meter installed allows us to run things when we can see the solar will cover it. It also makes us more aware of the energy profile of our appliances. Wouldn't hesitate to do the same again.
Hide Dawn's Comment

9kW

Inverter Brand

Haven’t bought a battery yet. (Other)

Battery Brand

Original Review on 07-08-2020:

Back to Nature using the Sun.

The communication from the business owner and his office was very good.
The installation was well organised and efficient. They turned up when they said they would and were good to deal with.
The attention to detail was what you hope for, and the customer service was proactive and enthusiastic.

Follow Up Review on 07-04-2021:

The system is all we hoped for; bills are well down and we have had no maintenance or supply issues, no interruptions, and as a bonus, we have been able to run the pool filter, heat pump and robot cleaner more hours each day at effectively no cost.
Hide John's Comment

Original Review on 09-07-2020:

Great service and good people to deal with.

The quoting, installation and customer service processes where all undertaken in a professional and courteous manor and all details during the process carefully explained. I had no doubt about what I was getting, and am very happy with the end result. The installers were all very engaged and certainly new what they were doing. Arrived when they said they would and cleaned up the site when finished. Thanks to Kevin and his team.

Follow Up Review on 10-03-2021:

System has performed even better than I expected, and although my electricity provider reduced my feed in tariff, I am more than satisfied with the ongoing savings.
Hide Arthur's Comment

Above and beyond

Had a 6.6kw solar panel system installed by Solstra, very happy with the install which only took a day. Install was clean and well thought out, definitely not rushed. The installers even swapped out a few broken tiles that were previously present on the roof prior to the solar panel installation.

Both the admin team and workers were, on time, extremely professional with follow ups and explaining how the system works.

Everything is taken care of including 3rd party inspection after the install and change of meter with the electricity distributor to collect the solar feed in tariff.

Outstanding customer support compared to other businesses these days. Highly recommend.
Hide James's Comment

Solstra - recommend highly

The whold process was easy, I was kept in the loop right to the end of the process. I commend Kevin and Nicole for their professionalism and recommend them if you are thinking of getting solar panels. The installation was quick (though a little messy with zip-ties and clips), the installers were very friendly and professional. They explained the operation of the system in very simple terms. The after-installtion service was great too, I am now connected and producing power and feel better for doing my bit for the enviroment and my wallet :). Thank you Kevin, Nicole and the installers.
Hide Nada's Comment

Highly recommend Kevin and the staff of Solstra

Right from the start Kevin understood what we wanted and he was able to explain clearly all aspects of the process and what we should expect from the system he recommended. The install team were prompt and did a great job with a minimum of disruption. The inspection/sign off process and getting connected to the grid was also seamless and well organised by Nicole. Kevin's price was not only the most competitive it was the best in terms of presentation and meeting our needs.
Hide David's Comment

Honest, No-Nonsense, Solar Company

Kevin, Nicole and their team were absolutely fantastic. I received a couple of quotes through SolarQuotes for installations but was unimpressed with the 'pushy' nature of some of solar providers that were provided. One company's salesperson wasn't familiar with their products and provided me with information that I knew was incorrect and was pushing a certain solar equipment vendor, whilst the other could not provide any firm ETAs on installs but wanted a holding deposit.

Upon calling Kevin (on recommendation from a friend), he provided an honest assessment on different solar brands and I could just tell from his demeanor over the phone there was no 'pushy-ness' in regards to the sale, he was knowledgable and knew his business.

I also like that when calling Solstra, you're talking to the owner, not a salesperson.

Communication throughout the process was excellent, the installers that came out onsite (not contractors) were neat, tidy, and left the place in a way that you would never have known they were there and the inverter install was excellent.
Hide James's Comment

Original Review on 25-03-2020:

Professional and courteous team.

Quote process was presented by the owner who was patient and knowledgeable. The installation was smooth and the team were tidy, polite and cohesive. The service has been amazing with follow up and all paperwork handled for me.

Follow Up Review on 03-11-2020:

Yes, it's been great. We live on a dirt road with plenty of dust. I was concerned about dust build-up effecting the performance but so far dust has washed off with rain and has not seemed to cause any issues.
Hide Janette's Comment

Risun Technology

Inverter Brand

good

Local company very helpful with all applications for rebates easy to deal with
Hide Bob's Comment

Brilliant installer

We were not sure about solar, but with Solstra,’ s help it all went very smoothly. Not pushy at all just gave us the facts and answered any questions.
Installation went smoothly and Nicola helped with any paperwork we needed to complete.
The grid connection was organised for us and the follow up was excellent.
Would thoroughly recommend Solstra for any solar or electrical needs.
Hide Sandra's Comment

Inverter Brand

Good service and easy to deal with. Would recommend to others

Fast and well organised. Good customer service and communication. Very professional
Hide Matt's Comment

$10,000 to $12,500

LG

Enphase

Inverter Brand

Everything you'd want and more!

I discovered Solstra when I was getting some other electrical work done and was immediately impressed by Kevin and his approach. He gave me some good options and the work was done on-time and very professionally! I'd be pleased to recommend them and look forward to doing other business with them in the future.
Hide Paul's Comment

Inverter Brand

Excellent communication, everything happened when it should with a minimum of fuss.

Information readily available.
Always Available to discuss installation and walk me through any issues
Installation happened with a minimum of fuss and completed on time
Grid connection and inverter run through done professionally
Changes to panel make and roof positioning handled without a problem
Hide Ken's Comment

Great Installer

The two quotes received from Solarquotes' recommended contractors were far superior to the quote I initially sourced. Both contractors recommended by Solarquotes were happy to provide alternative quotes to enable a like for like comparison. Kevin and Nicole from Solstra were a pleasure to deal with and the install went without a hitch. Solstra are highly recommended.
Hide Robert's Comment

Canadian Solar Inc

Solar experience

I had 4 quotes only 2 came to my house for inspection so I chose 1 of them. Install was neet and tidy,they organised the grid connection.The wost part was organising the Gov rebates
Hide Steve's Comment

Inverter Brand

Quality install, went above and beyond. Great customer service. NO middlemen or call centers!!!

Quote was detailed and made to suit the install. Owner visited in-person and tailor made system to suit our house. No call centre involvement or google maps 'rough quotes' that the other installers did. Although we still got a picture of the design after our quote visit. The end design was far superior to the other installers who wanted to use multiple roof spaces inefficiently.
Installers arrived on time, were polite and carried out work safely and efficiently. Did not rush the job, and went the extra mile to repair some existing cracked tiles. They were also happy to answer any questions as we went.
Products used were quality and not cheap low quality stuff that a call centre would try to push on you.
After sales service was and is outstanding. Business owner monitors system and is always available for a chat to help out with any concerns.

Cannot understate the quality of service enough. dont skimp and go with a call center job who just cut and run after installation.
Hide Adam's Comment

Excellent service

Kevin was professional and punctual from quoting to installation. Smooth, quick and stress free process from start to finish. Highly recommended.
Hide Damian's Comment

$6,000 to $8,000

Inverter Brand

Excellent customer service, professional work & reliable!

Kevin & the team from Solstra were great, from start to finish the professionalism shone through. I started the solar research a while back and it can be a bit of a minefield but I was glad I choose someone local with great knowledge.

Kevin came out and inspected the site as well as sat down and went through our energy usage and came up with what I think is a great bang for buck, reliable system, his team were friendly and left the site the way they found it, nice and clean.

Thanks guys, will happily recommend your services.

Hide Roddy's Comment

$3,000 to $6,000

Canadian Solar Inc

Original Review on 29-04-2019:

Dan Andrews pulled the pin until 1 Jul 2019 before we could complete the paperwork. Have to wait until July for installation.

Value for money: N/A
Installation: N/A

Follow Up Review on 01-01-2020:

Exceeding expectations!
Hide William's Comment

$3,000 to $6,000

Original Review on 26-04-2019:

One of the main reasons I selected Solstra was they visited the site before quoting.
I had some issues I wanted clarified, the visit allowed these details to be agreed before quoting.
I was not disappointed, the installation went smoothly with friendly installers and the site left clean.
I believe I got a competitive price for the standard of equipment selected.

Follow Up Review on 27-12-2019:

Hide John's Comment

$6,000 to $8,000

Cost

Solstra were amazingly good.

My experience was outstanding from start to finish. The best part was they came and investigated the house and came up with a very sensible plan. You can’t do this with google! Punctual, polite tidy and professional work.
Hide Gina's Comment

First Class Service and Installation

Professional, clear and punctual from start to finish. Would definitely recommend.
Hide Bernard's Comment

Cost

Very professional, reliable and had the system installed promptly.

This was an ugrade from 2.7KW to 5.8KW.
Kevin inspected the house the day after I asked for a quote, gave me a very competitive price straight away and installed the sytem three days later.
He fixed up mistakes made by an earlier installer, his team were polite, proffesional and very organized and helpful.
Helped me get hooked up to the Fronius website and register, explained everything clearly.
Very impressed!
Hide Paul's Comment

Cost

Solstra was very professional and knowledgable and quick to install well reccommended

Solstra was very professional and knowledgeable and quick to install well recommended
Kevin was friendly and great to deal with happy with my install
Hide Warren's Comment

More than 6kW

$10,000 to $15,000

Cost

10kW on a simple roof layout takes only a couple of hours more to install and same wiring time. "Black" Longi panels look good and visitors hardly notice them.
Hide Peter's Comment

3/5

N/A

More than 6kW

$6,000 to $10,000

Cost

Kevin Schafer from Solstra is a good, reliable businessman. He came promptly to assess our house for solar installation, was quick with a quote and very efficiently installed the system on the date he said he would.
Hide Ross's Comment