Space Solar Victoria Reviews

About Space Solar Victoria, Solar Installers

Space Solar Victoria

Estimated pricing for system: $4,900 - $6,000 depending on hardware choice ( how is this calculated? )

Space Solar (Victoria) is a solar business situated at U3, 8 Samantha Court, Knoxfield VIC 3180 and operates under ABN 50 612 461 677, Community Energy Group Pty Ltd,  ACN 612 461 677.

In October 2019 Space Solar (Victoria) was banned from participating in the Victorian Solar Homes program, suspended from the CEC's Approved Solar Retailer scheme and suspended from the SolarQuotes installer network.

They were found to have breached the following rules:

• Some Installations Non-compliant with CEC Accreditation Guidelines.
  • Accredited Installer not employed/contracted for a system installation.
  • Not demonstrating due diligence in ensuring the safety of persons under their direct or indirect responsibility.

Solar Victoria is arranging for all customers who had a system installed by Community Energy Group to have their systems independently checked to ensure it complies with requirements and is operating safely and correctly. Any identified defects will be rectified by Space Solar (Victoria) at Space Solar's cost.

Space Solar Victoria Solar Reviews

Worst Experience

Got the rebate and loan approved on Sept 4th round. Paid $600 deposit. During sales, I was not informed that the 330W Trina Solar panels were not in stock. I had to chase up everytime to know any update. Except for the sales person Reece nobody really cared to even update or do anything about it. Waited 2 months and they still dont have any date when they will get the stock. The last time I spoke I was told early November. No accurate date was provided. I had to cancel the order. Now need to go through some other provider and the rebate process. Show additional information
Made it easy. Initial contact with Reece was excellent as no-nonsense, informative and very knowledgeable and responsive. Installation crew were very friendly, quick and did a great job. They even showed up on a 36 degree day on a Saturday to do the job so am very impressed with this company. Also accounts staff very flexible and told them I couldn't pay on the day as weekend and gave me ample time to pay fully. Overall, very happy about system which is performing better than expected and have recommended to a friend. Show additional information

Not worth the hassle.

They were comparable to others on price and quality of products.

Unfortunately they do not keep you up to date with the paperwork, booking of the installation or booking of the electrical inspector. I had to wait over 10 weeks to just get a certificate of electrical safety and am still waiting for them to finalise the distributors works.
I needed to chase them to sort out an installation date.
I needed to chase them to get the electrical inspector out.
First electrical inspection failed and electrician was required to come back to fix their work.

Excellent Outcome

Got 5 Quotes. Space Solar insisted that they must do a site inspection one of only two who did a site inspection. I believe a site inspection is essential. Their quote was the cheapest and best value by a good margin. They went to a lot of trouble with alternative panel placement plans. On installation day I agreed to an additional extra $700 for installation partly because I wanted to change the panel placing for a fourth time and partly because they had made a mistake regarding inverter location. After the extra charge they were still the best price but not by such a huge margin, but then the others may have ended up more expensive especially the ones who did not do site inspection.
What they did well
* Offered quality and value for money components and I believe genuine honest advice
* Good price.
* Very through and meticulous about installation quality.
What they could improve on
- The site inspector did not understand the rules properly about allowed Inverter placement. However every company who quoted made the same mistake as they all got good photos of the proposed location. Why spend the money on a site inspection and send someone who gets it wrong.
- The installation planning team did not properly study the information and photos that they had before arriving on site. As a result they wasted time when they arrived and it is possible we could have got slightly better panel placement.
- The person who did the inspection did not seem to be familiar with how the installation team fix the panels. He needs to go out on a few jobs even assist on some jobs. He could then give better advice to customers and to the installation planning team.
The end result was a quality job but it could have gone smoother and quicker. Better planning almost always pays for itself.
Space Solar were the most helpful in:
- addressing our (many) questions during the quotation process
- explaining what was (or wasn't) technically feasible/advisable - e.g. in terms of array configuration
- adapting their proposal to various concerns (e.g. shadowing) that we identified
- highly transparent with their pricing model/formula.

In retrospect, however, a site visit as part of the quotation process would have been advisable, as there were unplanned changes to the system on installation day. We understand that site visits as part of quotation would add to their general business costs.

In the end we are happy with the system as installed - although with slightly south facing panels we suspect that the mid-winter performance will be very poor (the upside is that it's particularly good in mid-summer - e.g. best performance so far is 45kWh in a day).

Great so far!

Frank (salesperson) was great. Answered all my stupid questions.
Installers were great. Just bit messy after - but they were quick, must have been busy to go to next installation.
They did everything as promised. Thanks guys! Loving the free electricity during the day!
Now, just waiting for Energy Safe Victoria inspection then I can get my feed-in tariff...
They said up to 5 weeks before Energy Safe inspector will contact me, due to backlog.

So easy, so efficient.

Frank provided a fast quote at a good price, clearly explaining my options and expected performance from my new solar arrays. Installation was arranged for a Saturday morning and was all over by lunchtime. The team worked quickly and efficiently and did a very neat installation. Follow up by an electrical inspector confirmed a very well done job. Would happily recommend Space Solar, in fact my friend is now getting a similar sytem installed by Space Solar,based on my recommendation and having seen the work done. Show additional information

Great sales person, not pushy and very patient with my thousand of questions over 6 months period

Sales person very patient, i ask thousand of questions over 6 months period. I believe i get value for my money (or should i say Victorian goverment money)
Installation took over 2 days due to heavy rain, very neat and installed inverter at location i prefer.

Chris made the entire journey relatively smooth and tried to offer assistance whenever sought

Space Solar sales actually worked with us to provide the right solution. I did my due diligence, which came handy while requesting information and asking questions Show additional information

Quick install

Space solar were good, they communicated well, gave lots of information, and answered my questions quickly, very happy to have gone with them. Install was quick and on schedule and I should now be connected to the grid, so I'm pretty happy with everything. Show additional information

Best value Solar Provider

Easy to deal with and very competitive proposal. The process was explained clearly. Show additional information
Not installed yet, waiting for installation date. Show additional information
Good service, timely with good follow up and done with the minimum of fuss. Show additional information

Fantastic supplier

These guys where great, responsive, competitive and excellent workmanship. They explained everything and provided their mobile numbers to call for any issues after they left. I highly recommend you get a quote from Chris. Show additional information

all goods thanks for your recommendtion

quotation via mail
installation delay for 1 week due to lack of work. they are Polite and Tidy.
do after just 9 days after installation, not ready to get connected with grid yet.
Sales person Reece was great over phone
And always ready to help.
Could call about any questions any time
Would recommend
Very good service from Space Solar to set up the system although system has developed a fault which I am currently working through with them. Sungrow Inverter with Trina Panels. Show additional information
Installed LG panels 42x360 and Fronius inverter. I do have limited roof area and some of the panels required optimizers.

I was able to match prices but others gave quotation over the phone without proper site inspection, was worried after agreement they add on.

Hi Stacy, thanks to provide your feedback to Space Solar. From our system's record and conversation our administration team had with you, we do see that lead time from booking to notify the retailer for metering of your solar was longer than usual. we apologise for the prolong lead time for your system installation and CES.

We received your order on 12th/11/2018, and managed to installed the system for you on 22th/12/2018. It was very busy time and we were not able to fit your installation to any day earlier than that. Inspection request was sent to independent inspector right after that however he was away during Xmas and new year for 2 weeks thus CES was received only by 22th/1/2019.

We understand that you were upset since the process of the job is longer than usual time frame and we apologise for all the inconvenience caused to you. We would have kept you posted for all of this happened and you would not need to chase up for all of this. We are glad to see you are happy with your system, and more than happy to assist you if there is any query about your solar.
Sales staff was excellent, answering questions on email even on weekends after hours from iPhone.
Follow up service was also fantastic.

My only criticism was that the installers, which were great, only one of the 3 had English and that was quite limited.
They were very genuine however and with a bit of patience we were fine. Couldn't ask for nicer installers.
THARANGA is fantastic. Victor is good. The installers are good. Matilda is good too. Show additional information
I have been talking Reece, he has been an excellent sales person so far. System hasn't installed yet but will let you guys know how that goes. Show additional information
Space Solar didn't give us a fancy brochure like the others but the price was considerably cheaper (although it's hard to compare like-for-like). I had to take the initiative to get some answers as suggested by Solarquotes - particularly once I was getting into the paperwork for the state rebate - but I was content with the information I got. I would have preferred more contact from Space Solar letting me know what the next step was or what was happening etc.

I changed my mind a bit as I did more and more research and my requests for adjusted quotes were attended to with minimal fuss.

Installation proceeded on the day scheduled although the planned layout wouldn't fit. Our friendly installers advised on a change that we were happy with.

I feel like we got a good system for a good price.

NO FUSS

Salesman was not pushy, unlike another company that didn't get the job However it was installed on schedule, the workers had good work ethic to get the job done efficiently system seems to function quite well. WiFi quite useful to see how the system is functioning Waiting to get my feed in tariff setup. Show additional information
Hi, yes you made things easy for me. Show additional information
Thank you for providing the 3 quotes. Show additional information
The sales guy was not pushy and talked me through his choose of equipment and why he recommended it. He provided all the information I needed in order to apply for the Vic government solar rebate and went through what I needed to do to apply.
The people installing it did a really good job. They asked about where I would like to have the inverter and accommodated my preferred placement.
They did a thorough test and troubleshoot on the system, the first inverter was not working properly so they went back to the office and quickly got a replacement unit.
They helped make sure that the wireless monitoring was setup and working.
They replaced any tiles that were broken during installation (we have very old cement tiles that break easy) with the tiles I had provided.
They cleaned up after themselves and we're friendly.
The system has not been installed yet, but I am very happy so far. The three companies which you recommended provided good advice with no high pressure tactics.

The information on your web site is outstanding.
Recently I have installed a solar PV system with Space Solar under Solar Quotes recommenced.

Their service very excellent. Every friendly and helpfully to explain any questions that’s I have asked.

At the first day, I was so impressed about consulting by Mr Reece. He kept in touch all the time. Gave me lot of information that I haven’t known. Provided sufficiently paperwork for VIC rebates.

Thank you so much for all you fantastic team work. And thankfully Mr peacock. Without him I wouldn’t Know Space solar
Customer service score was only held back because the inspector found one small fault that required a revisit to fix. Remarkably, that happened within hours of the inspection.

Altogether this has been a very happy experience. The decision on which system to go with was made easy by a very clear explanation of the alternatives. The installation went smoothly and the system is working to expectation.
Excellent service Show additional information
I expected to wait 4 to 6 weeks for installation but it was less than a week after my deposit was paid. Excellent! Show additional information