Sunlife Energy

Sunlife Energy Reviews

Sunlife Energy is a Solar Power Installation company based in and serves ACT. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Sunlife Energy Reviews (15)

3.7/5

Terrible Service

System hasn’t worked for over 4 months and even when it did work, it only covered about 59% of what was promised. After checking their identity on queensland electrical authority What I found this company's electrical contractor license is suspended.

I have contacted Sunlife Energy atleast 20 times regarding repairing the system which has not functioned at all for months.

They have not sent ANYONE to inspect or repair the system.

I would strongly recommend not to employ this company as an installer, as their license is not active.

They do not comply with their obligations

Excellent Service

The Sales quoting system was great, similar to other companies. No pressure selling as per others. Once documents completed the installation was very prompt and fitted prior to Christmas when I was expecting big family celebrations. There was a problem with the supply of roof panels and the model I selected was unavailable so they supplied upgraded panels at the same price as they were supplied with the dearer panels at cheaper price because of the shortage. The price was passed on. I was able to make a final deal with all same equipment at a slightly cheaper price. The installer was a fully licenced electrician. So far very happy.

The installer Tracy & his offsider Oscar were amazing. No worries refering them.

Our experience with Sunlife has been a pleasant one. The installer, Tracy & Oscar were punctual & very polite. They were very informative & cleaned up after themselves. We are very happy with their installation.
Sharon & John Burns

Sam went to our place and discussed in detail our savings, return of investment and how much it costs. He was very patient and spent hours in our home. He was truly an expert and took care of us. I’m not sure if any other company would be able to explain how he did it. Thank you again!

Excellent Customer Service

I am very happy with the Sunlife Energy. We have been having heatwave weather and using air conditioners most of the time. I am still getting a refund for my power.

Competitive Price & Smooth Process

My landlady was searching for solar and I recommended Sunlife Energy as they have been consistent with the whole process. I saw their ad online and from the contract signing to the installation everything was smooth. I was present and assisted her with this whole process as she is not that tech savvy. Overall, they did a great job! Thank you for helping us!

Original Review on 22-03-2019:

Stralis were very good but unfortunately they could not match sunlife price. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Ken: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Had problems with the feed in tariff for the first few months and could not get much help from any of the institutions people or sunlife after many phone calls I eventually found the problem was with essential energy.
They sent me an email apology that they never connected us to the grid.
So we were paying our normal bills for 4mths.
But now it is all sorted all good.

Poor after sales service

Product and install are good but company gave me a different inverter without telling me which we have sorted out, they said it’s an “upgrade”. Also SunLife took a month and numerous calls to send the details to essential energy once they got the money service went down hill

High Quality Installation

I wanted solar for a long time and I'm happy that I made the decision with such a reputable company.

I just had a new roof and solar system installed and all the installers were very nice, punctual, and cleaned up after themselves. They did a great job and I love the way my new roof and the solar system looks. In fact, my neighbors have already given me compliments.

I was worried at the beginning of this process that something would go wrong, but now that my project has been completed I'm relieved that everything worked out the way I was told it would. The entire project was done professionally and Sunlife Solar did everything they said they would do. I have already recommended them to family, friends, and neighbors. This is a company that can be TRUSTED

Think before you pay your advance

This company has beaten the price I had from my previous best quote without any hesitation. Then after several months without any actions taken, they increased the price by huge margin saying they can’t do that at that price. Their new price was even lot more than what you got from the others earlier.
Now I am struggling to get my advance back though they promised to do it several times. They do not now respond to my emails. If you call the head office you will be forwarded to a lady who has no idea about what is Customer service is.
Be careful if you want to pay your advance.
There was a degree of misinformation eg rep said we could have 20 panels on East and West side. The system could only handle 14 max per line so ended up with 1 row of 14 and 2 rows of 13. The inverter supplied couldn't handle the load and had to be upgraded (no cost to us). The rails overhung by 250-400 mm at the ends but they came back to cut off excess (after we complained). System seems to be working but haven't had a bill yet to know savings. The company did give some financial concessions. In future I will only deal with local companies
***** 5 star service from the first appointment booked. Followed up, stays in contact and I couldn't be happier.
Well when the inverter was installed I lost 3 days hot water.
The contract was wrong the wrong amount was on the contract
The inverter was the wrong one and did not meet the agreement
I am over the whole process
Then the nice salesman called me to ask if I knew of anyone that would like solar panels from Sunlife Energy, I stated you have to be joking!
My experience was something that I do not want to go through ever again
My experience with the solar panels I do not think is over as I feel I will have never ending problems with this company and their BAG OF TRICKS